307 posts
85 upvotes

Free gift card with purchase of Sonos Play 1, Play 3 or Play 5

Deal Link:
Savings:
$25
Expiry:
June 22, 2016
Amazon.ca seems to have started their own in-house Sonos promotion. Sonos very rarely goes on sale, so this deal is quite special:

Free Amazon $25 gift card with the purchase of a Play:1.
Free Amazon $50 gift card with the purchase of a Play:3, Play:5 or other Sonos product including PlayBar, etc.

This deal is even better than the Amazon USA deal.

You can only get one gift cert per category per transaction, i.e. maximum discount is $75 per transaction. You seem to be able to order more than once, so back up the truck.
36 replies
Jun 28, 2007
358 posts
122 upvotes
Wait, I bought 3 Sonos Play 1s for $219.99 each only a few months ago, why are they now $249.99 each?
[OP]
Banned
Feb 25, 2016
307 posts
85 upvotes
Milleh wrote: Wait, I bought 3 Sonos Play 1s for $219.99 each only a few months ago, why are they now $249.99 each?
Price was adjusted a few weeks ago because of currency exchange rates.
Jun 28, 2007
358 posts
122 upvotes
BernardMarx wrote: Price was adjusted a few weeks ago because of currency exchange rates.
Damn, I got lucky I guess.
Jun 13, 2008
786 posts
106 upvotes
BernardMarx wrote: Amazon.ca seems to have started their own in-house Sonos promotion. Sonos very rarely goes on sale, so this deal is quite special:

Free Amazon $25 gift card with the purchase of a Play:1.
Free Amazon $50 gift card with the purchase of a Play:3, Play:5 or other Sonos product including PlayBar, etc.

This deal is even better than the Amazon USA deal.

You can only get one gift cert per category per transaction, i.e. maximum discount is $75 per transaction. You seem to be able to order more than once, so back up the truck.
Nothing special about the deal if you're looking for a Play 1.
The source has an ongoing $25 off $100 promo when you register to their mailing list.

Sonos.com has the same deal but with sonos gift cards.

For other more expensive Sonos products, it's better to wait when a vendor has a no tax event. You will save way more.
[OP]
Banned
Feb 25, 2016
307 posts
85 upvotes
bigcortex wrote: Nothing special about the deal if you're looking for a Play 1.
The source has an ongoing $25 off $100 promo when you register to their mailing list.
I will pay you $25 to keep me off the Source mailing list. :-)
Sonos.com has the same deal but with sonos gift cards.
Yep. But you can buy about a million different things with an amazon gift card, which is why I posted the amazon promotion instead.
Jun 13, 2008
786 posts
106 upvotes
BernardMarx wrote: I will pay you $25 to keep me off the Source mailing list. :-)
Register, receive coupon, unsubscribe. This is RFD 101 :)

I'd take an instant discount over a gift card anytime.
BernardMarx wrote: Yep. But you can buy about a million different things with an amazon gift card, which is why I posted the amazon promotion instead.
Apparently this promo is available in all major sonos vendors. Just saw the same on Best Buy.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4537 posts
1963 upvotes
GVRD
can someone please summarize for me what is so special about Sonos?
Mar 8, 2010
199 posts
134 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: can someone please summarize for me what is so special about Sonos?
WiFi Speakers with decent quality, not the best, but really good. Place them anywhere in your house and you're connected to your music. Stream from your own music library or paid services like spotify.
Jun 28, 2007
358 posts
122 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: can someone please summarize for me what is so special about Sonos?
Great sound quality, in a small, elegant package. What you're also paying for is the ecosystem.

Hook one up to your router, then you can put any number of speakers anywhere else in your house. From there you can group the speakers however you want which means you can play any combination of music throughout your house.

The Sonos app makes this all incredibly easy, and it links very easily to Google play, Apple music, local music etc. It also comes with access to hundreds of radio stations.

The app can be downloaded on Android, ios, Windows, or OSX. Anyone who has the app and is connected to your network can also play any of your content / services, or they can add their own.

Infinitely better than bluetooth - no range issues, no stuttering issues, no synching issues, better quality sound.
Oct 3, 2010
251 posts
189 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a 1, a 3, a 5 (old one) and a Connect.

One of the best technology purchases I have made, with a very high WAF score.

The 5 and Connect have line in inputs to which you can connect a Bluetooth stereo adapter or a Chromecast for even more flexibility. Plus, the line-in can then be synced across other Sonos speakers on the same network as well.

That being said, Chromecast audio is a great alternative if you have speakers. Plus Sonos only really comes into its own if you have a music streaming subscription.
Feb 21, 2003
770 posts
199 upvotes
bigcortex wrote: For other more expensive Sonos products, it's better to wait when a vendor has a no tax event. You will save way more.
Really? What retailer? Sonos is typically excluded.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1433 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
Decent deal as these never go on sale. Would be nice to pick up some more for around the home as my play1s have been great so far. Would have been real nice though if they informed people before the price increase as I would have bought a play5 if I knew it was going up $100 :mad:
[OP]
Banned
Feb 25, 2016
307 posts
85 upvotes
hostlead wrote: Really? What retailer? Sonos is typically excluded.
I'd actually like to know this, too, if big cortex would be so kind as to name the retailer(s). Because my experience is also that Sonos is excluded.

Sonos is the Apple of the audio world; they are not in the discounting game. It is a premium product.

As was posted above, the advantage Sonos has is that it runs its own mesh network. That is the secret sauce. All the speakers are very well synchronized. Googlecast audio has a lot of synch issues!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23146 posts
180858 upvotes
GTA
bomberman447 wrote: Decent deal as these never go on sale. Would be nice to pick up some more for around the home as my play1s have been great so far. Would have been real nice though if they informed people before the price increase as I would have bought a play5 if I knew it was going up $100 :mad:
They did, and it was posted here as well:

sonos-prices-going-up-april-5-a-1953559/

;)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1433 posts
366 upvotes
Calgary
Also available at bestbuy it seems. I think I am going to buy a play3 so that I can move some of my play1s around.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: For those like me who find Sonos a bit too expensive, I highly recommend to try Chromecast Audio with your existing speakers. it may require more work to "sync" all your devices but really worth it.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/ ... -speakers/
Thank you! I never heard of this before but I have a regular chrome cast.. Looks great I'm going to order one today...
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.