• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2017 8:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2005
793 posts
417 upvotes
Etobicoke

[Amazon.ca] Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant camera with Twin Pack Film - $75.36

seems like a good price for the purple version. I actually bought last night as a gift and it was $80.56. Chat with amazon.ca and they insist they won't price adjust. The pink bundle is even less at $74.27 but not too appealing in my humble opinion. Other color options are just a buck or two more.

Without film this camera is listed as $89.99

Thanks for looking
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
25165 posts
10205 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Film?
Whats that?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24409 posts
196120 upvotes
GTA
Definitely a novelty item, both the camera as well as the type of film the photos are printed on. Might be OK for occasional use (parties, wedding photo booth, etc.) but otherwise probably better to invest that money into something like a Canon Selphy photo printer.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2005
793 posts
417 upvotes
Etobicoke
My wife asked me to get it for our niece who is 12. I think it is something popular with pre teens as it is instant print
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
Just an FYI for those people interested, the link I'm sharing is NOT a Hot Deal yet, but may inform your decision on if you want to go with Instax.

Polaroid just launched this product: https://www.amazon.ca/Polaroid-Instant- ... aroid+snap

Which is a digital camera with instant print options and digital copy saving. The refills are about the same price and when there is a deal on this, this product probably makes more sense.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3773 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
I actually bought one for my daughter for Christmas (it was $70 w/o film back in Nov on amazon), but we returned it before unwrapping and instead bought the Instax Sp-1 printer I happened to find on sale for $99. From my perspective, it has the same novelty factor since it's portable, but since she already has a phone camera she can use that and wirelessly beam the photo to the printer. No worries about wasting a shot with closed eyes etc. and, honestly, the camera is kind of bulky and ugly. She can take the photos she wants, crop/frame it with the downloaded app, then beam it to the printer. If her friends want a copy, there's a reprint button on the side. Uses odd (CR2) replaceable batteries unfortunately, but I think that was corrected - kind of - with the SP-2 model that's out now (built-in rechargeable battery). Unfortunately, the new model runs ~$180.