Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with XF18-55mm F2.8-4.0 R LM OIS Lens - $1,900 at Amazon.ca

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2020 12:35 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 17, 2018
177 posts
327 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with XF18-55mm F2.8-4.0 R LM OIS Lens - $1,900 at Amazon.ca

I think this is a price drop since Fuji is also selling the newer X-T4.
17 replies
Member
Sep 10, 2018
290 posts
1229 upvotes
Do I care?
Same price everywhere. It's tough price point to spend as A6600 is more or less similar but with IBIS which makes unusable video to usable using affordable bright prime lenses.

If lenses were cheaper I would go with Fuji but lenses are expensive. $1000 Telephoto is non-existent, no usable third parties. If you consider $2000+ lenses, you might as well shop against Sony or Canon full frame.

I do think this particular combo is quite good, it's just that as soon as I want to add wildlife or f/1.4 prime, price goes sky-high.
Newbie
Aug 28, 2017
80 posts
253 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Same price everywhere. It's tough price point to spend as A6600 is more or less similar but with IBIS which makes unusable video to usable using affordable bright prime lenses.

If lenses were cheaper I would go with Fuji but lenses are expensive. $1000 Telephoto is non-existent, no usable third parties. If you consider $2000+ lenses, you might as well shop against Sony or Canon full frame.

I do think this particular combo is quite good, it's just that as soon as I want to add wildlife or f/1.4 prime, price goes sky-high.
Fair points but each system has their pros and cons. Pretty much any pricey camera these days are good, you just gotta find the right fit.

Fuji's are very fun to use and while that's subjective, I find them more fun to use than Sony's. Their built in film simulations, handling, dials and menus are better, and Fuji also has a great selection of APS-C glass, unlike Sony who seems to focus more on their full frame offerings. If IBIS is the deal breaker, the X-T4 is an option. However, as a stills camera the X-T3 is one of the best.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1864 posts
3933 upvotes
Markham
stretchmuffler wrote: Fair points but each system has their pros and cons. Pretty much any pricey camera these days are good, you just gotta find the right fit.

Fuji's are very fun to use and while that's subjective, I find them more fun to use than Sony's. Their built in film simulations, handling, dials and menus are better, and Fuji also has a great selection of APS-C glass, unlike Sony who seems to focus more on their full frame offerings. If IBIS is the deal breaker, the X-T4 is an option. However, as a stills camera the X-T3 is one of the best.
+1

It feels like a bunch of engineers built Sony cameras, while a bunch of photographers build the Fuji X-series, if that makes sense.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4782 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
Fuji is rumoured to be releasing a mid tier model with IBIS that is between X-T30 and X-T4 sized. I would wait until at least Black Friday.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4387 posts
5923 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
They should have put IBIS in their X-T30. The X-T200 is already so close to it the X-T30 for less.
Member
Sep 10, 2018
290 posts
1229 upvotes
Do I care?
stretchmuffler wrote: Fair points but each system has their pros and cons. Pretty much any pricey camera these days are good, you just gotta find the right fit.

Fuji's are very fun to use and while that's subjective, I find them more fun to use than Sony's. Their built in film simulations, handling, dials and menus are better, and Fuji also has a great selection of APS-C glass, unlike Sony who seems to focus more on their full frame offerings. If IBIS is the deal breaker, the X-T4 is an option. However, as a stills camera the X-T3 is one of the best.
I didn't say Fuji is bad. Pros and Cons add up to be competitive. I specifically mentioned once you go outside of this lens it's no longer competitive. Not sure where you got idea I don't know about those factors you listed. Are we in a fun to use forum, not value for the dollar forum?

One of best with this kit, not anymore after that. If you are going to live with only lens, you can buy RX10IV and get better reach and speed. I didn't say RX10IV is best, it's oddly in this comparison for the price and what it does. A6600 appears to be better deal for multi lens owners, especially telephoto long reach ones. Canon might be better too - I haven't configured buy scenario with a particular lens yet, but they are pushing out good performance per dollar lenses.

I agree Sony feels like engineers built it and feels very robotic, that being said since we are on a deal forum, I am focusing on what you get for each dollar spent. Brand fanboys (if any) out there can keep their opinions other than value to themselves at least on this site.
Last edited by LULUMON on Oct 8th, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2577 posts
502 upvotes
For APS-C, Fuji is a better system hands down. Much nicer colour science, build, handling, menus, and most importantly, lenses.
Member
Sep 10, 2018
290 posts
1229 upvotes
Do I care?
Interesting how certain brand fanboys doesn't want to talk about price on a deal site. Sony does/did have crap menu and ergonomics. Staying neutral to brands gets you best deals.

I am excited about Canon and to a lesser degree Sony. Hopefully others bring up competitive game to lower the price no matter which brand.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 23, 2003
4357 posts
1092 upvotes
Hamilton
I was one of the first x100 adopter.
I loved it except for the crappy focus.
I've had canon, nikon, sony.
Full frame and aps-c.

Fuji had the nicest out of cam pics without post and a joy to use.
Nikon was a close second for me.
The canon 85L 1.2L makes me love canon.

Best lens I ever used was an old 90s Leica 90mm 2.8 elmarit. If you ever get a chance, pictures come out buttery smooth with just the right amount of focus.
I didn't even realize how wonderful the pics came from that lens until I sold it, thinking I'll easily find something comparable in the future. Never happened.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2577 posts
502 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Interesting how certain brand fanboys doesn't want to talk about price on a deal site. Sony does/did have crap menu and ergonomics. Staying neutral to brands gets you best deals.

I am excited about Canon and to a lesser degree Sony. Hopefully others bring up competitive game to lower the price no matter which brand.
I shoot canon mirrorless professionally but have a couple Fujis for my personal work. For me it comes down to reliability and the system as a whole (lenses, flash system, etc). A half stop of extra dynamic range does nothing to make my images better, where top shelf lenses, lighting, and colour work do. You know a system is for you of it gets out of your way to allow you to make the images you envision and for me, Sony isn’t that. Also #rootkit.
Newbie
Sep 1, 2011
55 posts
28 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
LULUMON wrote: I didn't say Fuji is bad. Pros and Cons add up to be competitive. I specifically mentioned once you go outside of this lens it's no longer competitive. Not sure where you got idea I don't know about those factors you listed. Are we in a fun to use forum, not value for the dollar forum?

One of best with this kit, not anymore after that. If you are going to live with only lens, you can buy RX10IV and get better reach and speed. I didn't say RX10IV is best, it's oddly in this comparison for the price and what it does. A6600 appears to be better deal for multi lens owners, especially telephoto long reach ones. Canon might be better too - I haven't configured buy scenario with a particular lens yet, but they are pushing out good performance per dollar lenses.

I agree Sony feels like engineers built it and feels very robotic, that being said since we are on a deal forum, I am focusing on what you get for each dollar spent. Brand fanboys (if any) out there can keep their opinions other than value to themselves at least on this site.
Wow way to attack someone who just added a very fair and I think some valuable points. Not sure why the hostility, but this person points offer a lot of perspective and helps explains the "value for the dollar". I think "fun", image quality and operations are very parts of the Value proposition.
Newbie
Sep 1, 2011
55 posts
28 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
sidshock wrote: I was one of the first x100 adopter.
I loved it except for the crappy focus.
I've had canon, nikon, sony.
Full frame and aps-c.

Fuji had the nicest out of cam pics without post and a joy to use.
Nikon was a close second for me.
The canon 85L 1.2L makes me love canon.

Best lens I ever used was an old 90s Leica 90mm 2.8 elmarit. If you ever get a chance, pictures come out buttery smooth with just the right amount of focus.
I didn't even realize how wonderful the pics came from that lens until I sold it, thinking I'll easily find something comparable in the future. Never happened.
Those old Leica lenses are amazing. Leica's are my favorite cameras and lenses of my collection. Wish I could afford a much bigger collection. However if you want some lenses like the Leica lenses, some of the old voigtlander lenses get pretty close and cost less (usually). While not generally as good as Leica they offer most of the image quality and the feel of a Leica.

If you want something new the Laowa lenses are quite good.
Member
Feb 20, 2006
234 posts
150 upvotes
I have both Fuji XT1 and Sony A7iii. I agreed that Fuji had the nicest out of cam pics without post and a joy to use. I am perfect happy with the old XT1. The only downside compare with the latest camera is its relatively slower AF and no eye AF. I can't complain with picture quality.
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2011
514 posts
295 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Brand fanboys (if any) out there can keep their opinions other than value to themselves at least on this site.
Wow.....now can you please define "Value" ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 23, 2003
4357 posts
1092 upvotes
Hamilton
whoislen wrote: Those old Leica lenses are amazing. Leica's are my favorite cameras and lenses of my collection. Wish I could afford a much bigger collection. However if you want some lenses like the Leica lenses, some of the old voigtlander lenses get pretty close and cost less (usually). While not generally as good as Leica they offer most of the image quality and the feel of a Leica.

If you want something new the Laowa lenses are quite good.
I tried 1 voigtlander. 50mm 1.5.
Still have it. But don't make use of it.
I was more buying and selling it back in the day and would use it for a few months time inbetween with a lot of USA deals since our $$ was parity.
35mm 50mm. 90mm were all nice!
My 2nd fav was the 28mm summi asph.
Some things I should not have sold.

Anyhow. Back to the 50mm 1.5.
I was too spoiled and it wasn't even close to the 90 and 28.
However it def produced some very nice pics!
Comparing is easy to find flaws. But on it's own I can't say anything neg about it!
Newbie
Aug 28, 2017
80 posts
253 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Interesting how certain brand fanboys doesn't want to talk about price on a deal site. Sony does/did have crap menu and ergonomics. Staying neutral to brands gets you best deals.
LULUMON wrote: Brand fanboys (if any) out there can keep their opinions other than value to themselves at least on this site.

Most people on this thread are just talking about pro's and con's. This is a very valid thing to do on a 'deals' forum. No need to throw the fanboy insult around, friend.

Top