Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Fujifilm XT2 body $1173.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2018 10:59 pm
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2748 posts
942 upvotes
Got this deal a few days ago, Henry’s price matched plus 10% of the difference (while it was in stock) so it was like $1148. Heck of a camera for that price.
Dec 16, 2014
170 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
With the constant improvements of smartphone's photos, why would any one buy this?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
the price of any phones that come even closer to the quality of this dedicated camera is pretty close.
the feel of the camera first is one thing that cant be compared. it is a lot easier to hold and take a picture.
big difference between a APS-C sensor and a smartphone camera sensor and why you need such a sensor to be bigger
can change lenses.
more control.
better focus.
Last edited by Guest45693838 on Oct 8th, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 5, 2011
223 posts
217 upvotes
manhal wrote: With the constant improvements of smartphone's photos, why would any one buy this?
You can't compare apsc to a smartphone sensor in low light. Even with Fujis kit lenses it's night and day compared to a flagship phone, no matter how good their marketing is.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
manhal wrote: With the constant improvements of smartphone's photos, why would any one buy this?
You can't be serious?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1536 posts
981 upvotes
GTA
Smartphone cameras aimed to be the no configuration point and shoot cameras.
DSLR offers full customization control of what the sensor sees and optical lenses for close up or far shooting.
Smartphones are not in the market to be attached to 20lb lenses or will be having first party lenses anytime soon.

Think of it as a dune buggy compared to a golf cart. They both get you around but one gives you the option to do more.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4960 posts
6861 upvotes
GTA
m3thods wrote: You can't compare apsc to a smartphone sensor in low light. Even with Fujis kit lenses it's night and day compared to a flagship phone, no matter how good their marketing is.
From dpreview.com review of Galaxy S9 Plus:
Most importantly for snapshot shooters, even though the Galaxy chooses F1.5 in low light, it is very reticent to raise the ISO or shutter speed. This is fine for a photo of your dinner in a candlelit restaurant (and the optical image stabilization is very good), but it invites motion blur if your subject isn't static. Try to photograph anything moving in a dimly lit setting and you're going to be awfully disappointed......
Slow shutter speeds are fine for keeping the ISO down with stationary subjects, but I was surprised that the Galaxy S9+ used such a low ISO value with a 1/4 sec shutter speed in a dim scene with lots of movement. I would have preferred the grain from ISO 800 if it meant a 1/64 sec shutter speed.
Mar 8, 2010
572 posts
472 upvotes
Foothills
waven101 wrote: not dead click on other new sellers it still same
Usually ships in 1-3 months?
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1534 posts
886 upvotes
It is true that smartphones have come a long way with their cameras and for a quick snap and share on social medias, there's probably 99 out of 100 people who will be glad with a smartphone. Specially with the multiple cameras and AI, a phone like the iphone Xs can have a wide and standard zoom angles with artificial bokeh.

There is obviously no comparison between the X-T2 or a smartphone at the same price. All the pros are stated above by many members of RFD already and I'll just add that like a lot of things, cameras are tools for professional photographers and also a hobby for so many people.

Awesome deal btw. If I didn't have my X-T1 already, I might have bought this one since the saving is substantial compared to the new X-T3.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
8237 posts
1413 upvotes
Montreal
targa88 wrote: Usually ships in 1-3 months?

+1

Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only), Black
CDN$ 1,173.99 - Quantity: 1
Usually ships within 1 to 3 months.
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
Jan 19, 2010
340 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
If you're shooting any video the difference between this and the newer XT3 is just not worth the discount.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
fromano wrote: If you're shooting any video the difference between this and the newer XT3 is just not worth the discount.
How would the video of this for wedding work compare to a GH5 or the new Nikon Z6? I have a Lumix G7 and wonder if this is an upgrade....
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
Haven't seen too many professional photographers shooting weddings with a smartphone.
May 31, 2017
63 posts
45 upvotes
You cant really compare the two ,try taking a photo on a 'real' camera to see the difference lol.
Feb 24, 2012
148 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Deal appears to be dead now. Showing ~1429 again.