[Amazon Canada] Full Face Snorkel Mask $29.99 After Coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2017 11:00 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
228 posts
180 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Full Face Snorkel Mask $29.99 After Coupon

My daughter has been slowly working on teaching herself how to swim at our local outdoor pool and mentioned it would be easier if she could keep her face under the water while practicing her strokes. We tried the generic snorkels from the Dollar Store but she didn't like that it went in her mouth. After a bit of research I came across this device and a coupon code to make it a bit more affordable.

Product:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XFB ... 4ZUG&psc=1

Coupon:
DZAUN2SZ

I haven't received it yet; however, it seems like it should do the trick for her pretty well and is cheaper after the code than most of the other options I have found online.
Last edited by qwazyd0gg on Sep 12th, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
53 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
8129 posts
1644 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Sold by TOMSHOP-CA and Fulfilled by Amazon.
Jan 22, 2012
178 posts
59 upvotes
Waterloo
Note that this is a cheap chinese ripoff of the original Subea mask, which has fantastic reviews.
https://www.subea.com/innovation/easybr ... sk-tp_3001

You can find The Wirecutter's full review here:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-b ... eling-set-
Currently, the marketplace for these “full face” snorkel masks is exploding, and there are many options out there—some less expensive than the Subea. But this is a new market segment, and judging by the reviews we’ve read about Subea’s competitors on Amazon and elsewhere, it’s a market rife with potentially flawed knockoffs. We may update this guide later with more full-face picks, but right now, with this being such a new category, we feel better recommending the most proven and highly rated product on the market.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
228 posts
180 upvotes
cjohnson03 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:58 am
Note that this is a cheap chinese ripoff of the original Subea mask, which has fantastic reviews.
https://www.subea.com/innovation/easybr ... sk-tp_3001

You can find The Wirecutter's full review here:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-b ... eling-set-
Wow, that's actually really interesting. For me I'm not too worried since it's just for play in the local pool but that is good to know.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
6264 posts
2044 upvotes
Make sure you teach them what to do if they accidentally dip the top of the snorkel into the water and get some water in their mouth. Not a pleasant surprise for someone who doesn't swim.
Internet Movie Car Database (Contributions) - http://imcdb.org/movies.php?contrib=Soro
Mar 14, 2008
28 posts
10 upvotes
We used these snorkeling mask when we went to Mexico. Got the cheap chinese knock off from Amazon.
Works pretty well on the surface, but hard to drive down like normal snorkels..
The big pocket of air in the mask acts like a float.
Mar 9, 2011
187 posts
92 upvotes
Does anyone know if you can mount a GoPro to the mask? I don't see any mounts of the on the mask.
Sep 12, 2007
436 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Would I be able to attach this to a compressor / regulator and hose for scuba diving?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1374 posts
480 upvotes
jetertmac wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:16 pm
Does anyone know if you can mount a GoPro to the mask? I don't see any mounts of the on the mask.
Not that I know of.
lkovacs wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:23 pm
Would I be able to attach this to a compressor / regulator and hose for scuba diving?
Nope - these masks are for snorkeling. There are similar masks out there for diving but they are much more $$$$ for obvious reasons
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3881 posts
423 upvotes
Thornhill
jetertmac wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:16 pm
Doesn't seem like this knock off does... The original has mounts and so are some others for just a bit more $. You can't really dive in this and head mounted go-pro is not the best... Just get a stick which you can extend to reach further down. I found it way more useful!

Also, this fake knock off advertises itself as 180 degrees. but you aren't actually getting 180 degrees. More like 140 because your face does not go that far in... and other typical half face quality masks may give you a similar wide view.

Overall, the deal is NOT very good as you can find other masks with go pro mounts for the same price...
Last edited by dazz on Sep 12th, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 9, 2011
187 posts
92 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:28 pm
Doesn't seem like this knock off does... The original has mounts and so are some others for just a bit more $. You can't really dive in this and head mounted go-pro is not the best... Just get a stick which you can extend to reach further down. I found it way more useful!

Also, this fake knock off advertises itself as 180 degrees. but you aren't actually getting 180 degrees. More like 140 because your face does not go that far in... and other typical half face quality masks may give you a similar wide view.

Overall, the deal is NOT very good as you can find other masks with go pro mounts for the same price...

Would you be able to provide alternatives for a similar price?
Nov 5, 2013
7 posts
3 upvotes
montreal
also note that these are not "dive" masks, as you cant equalize as you go deeper and you cant breathe too fast as you'll start inhaling re-circulated air and will get lightheaded.. they are meant for vert light surface snorkeling only.
same thing applies to the real one from subea, which i have tried. from what i hear the knock offs have a bit lesser seal, but overall ok for occasional use.
I would not recommend it for doing laps in a pool, because of the co2 thing.. better off with a regular snorkel and swimming goggles.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2187 posts
275 upvotes
GTA
boshunter wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:13 pm
We used these snorkeling mask when we went to Mexico. Got the cheap chinese knock off from Amazon.
Works pretty well on the surface, but hard to drive down like normal snorkels..
The big pocket of air in the mask acts like a float.
My experience is much different. I've always had issues with water leaking and fog into the normal snorkels my whole life, so I figured I'd try one of these off of Amazon a few months back and I love it. No water leaking, and no fogging and I found when I dove under and came back up for air there was no water coming down the pipe whatsoever. These are fantastic and I have a whole new perspective on snorkels. I didn't find that it was hard to dive down at all, there is a minimal amount of air to act as a bouy compared to a regular snorkel, unless you weigh like 40 pounds I can't imagine it being that bad.

I didn't get this exact model, mine has a go pro mount but I'd imagine it would be the same otherwise.
Last edited by kramerz80 on Sep 12th, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 20, 2008
36 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
The idea is nice and these type of masks work well _IF_ you are OK with the shortcomings:

- Since it is a full face, your breath is going to be on the inside. Fogging might become a major PITA if there is no anti fog coating or you don't apply a special solution prior to swimming.
- It is not possible to equalize pressure since you cannot touch your face. It is OK if you stay on the surface but you'll miss some fun exploring stuff up close.

I had this mask and ended up tossing it in favor of the tried and true classic design.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)