Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Fuller 134 Piece Homeowners Repair Tool Kit ($21.93)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 12:13 am
[OP]
Jul 12, 2019
125 posts
603 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Fuller 134 Piece Homeowners Repair Tool Kit ($21.93)

Low quality tools, but lots of em.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1509 posts
1064 upvotes
BC
RichardStroker wrote: Low quality tools, but lots of em.
you can say that again! lol. my flex adapter has lifetime warranty but have yet to try claiming.. let's say it no longer works...
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4738 posts
5829 upvotes
Toronto, ON
81 assorted fasteners counts towards the 134 pieces... fuller-shyt
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3490 posts
1531 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone make a reputable one? Want to throw in the trunk.
This one has bad idea written all over it. Screwdrivers will strip, etc etc
Nov 5, 2018
311 posts
249 upvotes
i bought this set back in 2016 for 13$ (no.. i dont have a time machine). The quality of these tools isn't actually that low or terrible. I suggest this set for anyone who doesnt have a proper tool set or needs a couple of items (the small level was nice, tape measure)
Nov 23, 2020
103 posts
115 upvotes
TO
When did Fuller become a low quality brand? I remember when I was a kid we had some Fuller screwdrivers and they were pretty good!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2812 posts
1049 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: i bought this set back in 2016 for 13$ (no.. i dont have a time machine). The quality of these tools isn't actually that low or terrible. I suggest this set for anyone who doesnt have a proper tool set or needs a couple of items (the small level was nice, tape measure)
Yeah, I picked up two sets I think, last year for a bit under $20. One set to leave at each of my offices.

They get the job done and nothings broken yet. I wouldn’t pay much more than $20 though.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2017 posts
2578 upvotes
GTA
xboxseriesx wrote: When did Fuller become a low quality brand? I remember when I was a kid we had some Fuller screwdrivers and they were pretty good!
Fuller used to be quality when they were made here. Now we’re buying a known name on cheap off-shored tools.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2243 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto West
These kits will cause you more grief and frustration than the savings you get by buying cheap tools.

Whatever it is you do. Whatever your "thing" is. Imagine someone posting the cheapest version of it and recommending it.

I get not everyone needs a big tool set with 1 of everything, but tools like most things, are you get what you pay for. These 2 sit im my kids' tool bin. I took it from a friend after he hung his tv off kilter

Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2684 posts
1351 upvotes
B.C.
shylok wrote: Anyone make a reputable one? Want to throw in the trunk.
This one has bad idea written all over it. Screwdrivers will strip, etc etc
Is your intent to fix the car if it breaks or for emergency ikea furniture assembly and picture hanging?

I had a similar thought but ended up buying a cheapo Walmart clearance socket set (3/8" Stanley one), pry bar, breaker bar with the socket my lug nuts take, a cheap multi bit screwdriver, and some other misc stuff like gloves and electrical tape.
Aug 30, 2020
818 posts
1234 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Minus the complete case, all the tools can be bought at Dollarama for $10
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3490 posts
1531 upvotes
Ottawa
lennyandcarl wrote: Is your intent to fix the car if it breaks or for emergency ikea furniture assembly and picture hanging?

I had a similar thought but ended up buying a cheapo Walmart clearance socket set (3/8" Stanley one), pry bar, breaker bar with the socket my lug nuts take, a cheap multi bit screwdriver, and some other misc stuff like gloves and electrical tape.
Lol no it's more for if I'm somewhere and I need a screwdriver. Pliers, forgot my tape at home, need to nail in a temp railing or something. Just something that will work in the moment but isn't a tool for a trade. But above the most garbage basic stuff
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2684 posts
1351 upvotes
B.C.
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Minus the complete case, all the tools can be bought at Dollarama for $10
Dollar Tree Maybe...

This kit might be cheaper than buying it all individually at Dollarama.