[OP]
Jul 23, 2019
1 posts
23 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Fuller Tool 134 Piece Homeowners Repair Tool Kit $15

First post. Seems like an alright buy
Images
  • tools.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 2nd, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title and added image
38 replies
Sep 1, 2008
378 posts
474 upvotes
Thanks OP. It's a good deal for those who start out in life or rent. Or maybe as a backup set.

However, it's sad to see a reputable Canadian brand, known for their quality tools, go the way of the made-in-China race to the bottom in quality just for low prices to attract the ignorant consumers. If there's one kind of products where you don't want to cheap out, that'd be hand tools.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3530 posts
1598 upvotes
'Shwallywood
It looks like they counted the fasteners as part of the 134 pieces...

Some company has been making this set for a long while now, at least 30 years. My grandmother had it, and its garbage.

Real shame what has happened to fuller
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
I keep something like this in the car. This particular set is a bit weird since I don't know when I'd ever need a mobile hack saw, but for $15?
I just paid $30 for a "better" kit a few months ago. Totally would have bought this instead if it was around.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2458 posts
1363 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I keep something like this in the car. This particular set is a bit weird since I don't know when I'd ever need a mobile hack saw, but for $15?
I just paid $30 for a "better" kit a few months ago. Totally would have bought this instead if it was around.
+1 this is a decent set to keep as emerg in the car.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20996 posts
3618 upvotes
YUL
soupmaster666 wrote: I'd piece my own together for $40:

PicQuic driver $12
Cheap claw hammer $12
Decent needle-nose pliers $8
Lufkin/decent tape measure $8

and then down the road add Canadian Tire's 61-piece security bit set for $10 when it's on sale
That's almost 3 times the price, and doesn't even have half of what this set has. The whole point is that for $15 you have a basic starter toolkit for emergencies.
Nov 12, 2012
29 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal for anyone who needs basic fixing tools.
By no means is this intended for any serious type of work, but it will be more than enough for 75% of people (arbitrary percentage)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
najibs wrote: That's almost 3 times the price, and doesn't even have half of what this set has. The whole point is that for $15 you have a basic starter toolkit for emergencies.
Exactly. @soupmaster666's set doesn't even have a socket set (not that this one has a large selection, I'd prefer metric and imperial), allen keys, tiny screwdrivers, or a tape measure.
This set even includes some Torx. Counting that, his set is over 3x the price.
There's no argument his is better, but this is an emergency kit that gets used once a year when you need a tool.
Dec 13, 2017
16 posts
16 upvotes
Niagara
Badder wrote: However, it's sad to see a reputable Canadian brand, known for their quality tools, go the way of the made-in-China race to the bottom in quality just for low prices to attract the ignorant consumers. If there's one kind of products where you don't want to cheap out, that'd be hand tools.
I miss those golden screwdrivers proudly stamped "Made in Canada"
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10020 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
Compared to princessauto and dollar tree tools
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks I have tons PC stuff to fix in my house
A all you can fix a house daily.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1870 posts
701 upvotes
BC
death_hawk wrote: I keep something like this in the car. This particular set is a bit weird since I don't know when I'd ever need a mobile hack saw, but for $15?
At the risk of looking stupid, where is the "mobile hack saw" in OP's picture? I'm expecting to see a blade with teeth and plastic or wooden handle.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote: At the risk of looking stupid, where is the "mobile hack saw" in OP's picture? I'm expecting to see a blade with teeth and plastic or wooden handle.
If you look at all the pics on Amazon, you'll see it in the 2nd photo.

It's comprised of 2 pieces: A blade in the right hand section near the hinge and the red handle dealie in the middle section on the right beside the hammer.
Sep 17, 2012
50 posts
51 upvotes
Winnipeg
Looks like a good office gift exchange gift to me :)

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2040 posts
318 upvotes
People who buy this crap should just stay away from tools period.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
Moot wrote: People who buy this crap should just stay away from tools period.
Why?

I'd rather have crap tools rather than none at all, especially considering that most people that buy these only use them once a year.
This is $15 and covers a whole butt ton of use cases.
Even buying a decent hammer and a screwdriver would cost more than this. For the amount of times this will get used, it'd be silly to buy "good" tools.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1870 posts
701 upvotes
BC
death_hawk wrote: If you look at all the pics on Amazon, you'll see it in the 2nd photo.

It's comprised of 2 pieces: A blade in the right hand section near the hinge and the red handle dealie in the middle section on the right beside the hammer.
Thanks. I guess I should have checked the Amazon page. The description even says hacksaw. The 2nd picture makes it look like a BBQ lighter, so I probably still wouldn't have thought it was one.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14612 posts
4159 upvotes
Scarberia
It’s oos temporary. Are the screw bits magnetized or not thanks this is tempting if you got prime
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1062 posts
889 upvotes
Edmonton
I have over a thousand dollars worth of tools in the garage, but I don't regret buying this because of how compact and portable it is. For 15$ I don't care if it all breaks on me
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1096 posts
838 upvotes
Richmond Hill
razrsharp wrote: +1 this is a decent set to keep as emerg in the car.
If you are going to rely on this sure to fail kit as a back up, then it will just be a false sense of preparedness.

The metal alloy in these cheap sets is softer then the screws and bolts they are meant to be used on, will strip and cause more problems.

These are why handipersons make money. Ask any professionals if they would trust they lively hood on these types of tools.

Better to have a CAA membership.