[Amazon.ca] G-raphy Camera Backpack for DSLR (Price Error?) $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 7:15 pm
[OP]
Nov 16, 2011
40 posts
59 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] G-raphy Camera Backpack for DSLR (Price Error?) $9.99

Was shopping for a camera bag and found this. it looks like a price error as other colors are $69.99
47 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10426 posts
6933 upvotes
One of the reviews says the bag is of rather poor quality. Looking at some of the photos, it seems the partitions are too soft to be structurally sturdy for camera equipment on the go.
Last edited by chatbox on Feb 8th, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2519 posts
2760 upvotes
Calgary
It is said add on item. I need to buy something. Thanks OP.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2011
40 posts
59 upvotes
chatbox wrote: One of the reviews says the bag is of rather poor quality.
at $10 lol I would not have too high expectations :)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10426 posts
6933 upvotes
michaeldesbiens wrote: at $10 lol I would not have too high expectations :)
Then it's likely not a price error as indicated in the title.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6483 posts
990 upvotes
is this a good brand? Never heard of it only Lowepro
May 7, 2007
104 posts
426 upvotes
Montreal
chatbox wrote: Then it's likely not a price error as indicated in the title.
It mays be a price error
According camel, lowest price was 33.99
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5189 posts
1960 upvotes
Toronto
hee jae shin wrote: It mays be a price error
According camel, lowest price was 33.99
LoL, all your gear likely to be stolen using this bag.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9944 posts
3247 upvotes
rebel_rfd wrote: LoL, all your gear likely to be stolen using this bag.
Or fall out of the bag if you forget to zip it up.
Sep 23, 2010
518 posts
1447 upvotes
T Dot
Good deal, thanks OP.

But it looks like it more for transporting gear from site to site, not really walk-about, all day use as it looks like you can't pull stuff out easily without opening the main/only compartment, which might be difficult depending how stiff the bag is (i.e. would you have to set it down to open it so everything doesn't tumble out?)
Feb 5, 2007
381 posts
233 upvotes
Certain it's a price error. Check out the seller's other items and promos. I got that bag in question with a free (albeit ugly) strap, and other bags are selling for $10 less $3 coupon. Three bags and a strap came under $27, which covered my $25 minimum too :) Buy now, think later
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2290 posts
1302 upvotes
GTA
What are the advantages of using a bag like this for the camera instead of a camera bag insert?

You can still put a camera and lens in the insert, as well you also get additionaol bag space for other stuff. (ie, tripod, monopod, water bottle, ect...)

My bag insert fits my EM-10 as well as at least 3 lens.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2426 posts
811 upvotes
Thx op.. ordered
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1712 upvotes
This is odd, the checkout button isn't showing when I have this bag in my cart, can you not buy this bag by itself?

Guess not, needed to buy something else anyway

This bag will be replacing a 5 dollar clearance sling bag that was posted on RFD a few years ago lol Can't go wrong for 10 bucks
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4662 posts
1590 upvotes
Toronto
BigJonsson wrote: This is odd, the checkout button isn't showing when I have this bag in my cart, can you not buy this bag by itself?
It's an add-on item, and meant to basically be a promo item to be added to get your cart up to a certain threshold or free shipping.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1712 upvotes
Thanks, I switched my order to one of the other bags which has a tripod strap
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5530 posts
2493 upvotes
Ancaster
Akizuki wrote: What are the advantages of using a bag like this for the camera instead of a camera bag insert?

You can still put a camera and lens in the insert, as well you also get additionaol bag space for other stuff. (ie, tripod, monopod, water bottle, ect...)

My bag insert fits my EM-10 as well as at least 3 lens.
I think the advantage is easy access. Not particularly this design, but other designs where the camera compartments are isolated from the rest of the backpack. For example, I could put an insert into the bottom of my MEC pack, but then I would have to empty the pack to access the insert.

I might be in for one since I need packing cubes and could use something like this for my next trip. Ideally, I would get something like a Caden but my wife will probably murder me if I spend hundreds of dollars on yet another bag.
Last edited by unshavenyak on Feb 8th, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.