Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600MHz 32GB(16GBx2) CL16-19-19-39 Dual Rank Memory Kit $169.99

[OP]
May 9, 2006
35 posts
33 upvotes
VaNcItY

[Amazon.ca] G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600MHz 32GB(16GBx2) CL16-19-19-39 Dual Rank Memory Kit $169.99

Almost at all time lowest price
PART# F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
I would think Amazon.ca has a better Return policy in case of any issues than other retailers.

Hot price for 3600 MHz DDR4 RAM Dual Rank. Can't find any CL16 3600MHz at this price right now using
https://pangoly.com/en/browse/ram?page= ... %2016GB%29

Ryzen 5000 series CPUs prefers dual rank memory either 4x8gb Single Rank RAM or 2x16 GB Dual Rank RAM for increased performance

SK HYNIX RAM die so it's not going to overclock that great but would think Gskill should run the default XMP settings of CL16-19-19-39 but like many RAM depends on motherboard and CPU quality+motherboard bios updates.

Please check with your motherboard manufacturer's website for supported RAM modules and your CPU Cooler's website to see if it can fit these RAM.
Last edited by starglazer on Dec 30th, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Jul 27, 2014
895 posts
781 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Have this kit, bought in October and is dual rank. Best bang for buck 3600 kit around IMO
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1303 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
I have 4 sets of these, two have died within 6 months. The RMA process was brutally slow but at least I have working sets now.
RMA'ing them out of Amazon's return period, you have to ship them to Gskill out of pocket also. They cover return shipping and no duties luckily.
[OP]
May 9, 2006
35 posts
33 upvotes
VaNcItY
purebluejapan wrote: I have 4 sets of these, two have died within 6 months. The RMA process was brutally slow but at least I have working sets now.
RMA'ing them out of Amazon's return period, you have to ship them to Gskill out of pocket also. They cover return shipping and no duties luckily.

I would suggest using MemTest86 to test out the RAM once received so if any errors can use Amazon return policy right away.
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Most of the 2x16 GB ram out there are SK HYNIX or Micron (Crucial Ballistix+YMMV Corsair) so if there's RAM chips issues then it's going to affect pretty much many many RAM models except Crucial since they sell Micron die only RAM.
However, Crucial Ballistix RAM from Amazon reviews some users are stating they are now receiving 2x16GB Single Rank Modules instead of Double Rank and that's about a 5-10% performance hit in some areas of computer usage for Ryzen 5000 CPU series users.

Also for others out here, it's best to put in A2/B2 slot so the farthest memory slot away from CPU and the 2nd one and then go to BIOS and enable XMP or on Asus motherboard it's called DOCP.

Samsung B-DIE ram is about $80+ more and generally not worth the money without having to spend hours+days to overclock.
It's just a matter of a few more years before DDR5 matures and prices comes down to have DDR5. Right now DDR5 beats DDR4 in 1080P gaming but at 3X+ the price of DDR4 and limited stock.
There's scalpers selling DDR5 RAM on craigslist for DDR5 since many places are out of stock except newegg.ca and most likely not many will purchase a DDR5 Intel Z690 compatible Motherboard with the Intel Alder Lake 12600K CPU so for those users of the new Alder Lake CPUs would think most would purchase DDR4 Z690 motherboard and use DDR4 with the Intel CPU.

There's Ryzen 6000 CPU series which is the last series out to upgrade CPU for AMD AM4 motherboards and I expect AMD to announce it at Jan 5 CES 2022 and then Zen 4 Ryzen 7000 CPU Series and Intel will have Raptor Lake (13th gen)
before the end of the 2022 year so more DDR5 motherboards and DDR5 RAM will be available but even then with COVID19+semiconductor shortage+Global Ocean logistics issues prices may not come down that much for a few years to be worthwhile to replace DDR4.

Unless you're gaming at 1080P, general consensus is DDR5 RAM isn't worth the money right now and is basically early adopters tax. If you want the best for now and have the money DDR5 is best for you but sooner or later you'd have to end up selling the DDR5 RAM to upgrade to higher frequencies depending on AMD/INTEL CPUs and motherboards support just like what happened with AMD CPUS and RAM support.
I just can't justify paying $400+ for minimum DDR5 RAM+ $200+ for Intel Z690 Motherboard

So for those with AMD Ryzen CPUs I'd just get 3600MHz CL16 RAM if your motherboard or CPU
and I think all the Ryzen 5000 CPUS can do 1800MHz Infinity fabric so should be able to run 3600MHz RAM.

On Youtube, at 1440P and 4k Gaming the GPU Graphic Card seems to be the hindering factor and investing in a better GPU is a better worthwhile investment.
However, prices of Nvidia GPUs are still insane since even Nvidia LHR models, some are using NBMiner to unlock some of the locked hashrate for Ethereum Crypto Mining.
You'd have to wait for bestbuy to have their in-store event for NVIDIA and lineup to pay for MSRP pricing.

I didn't have time so I was able to snag an Asus 3070 DUAL OC non LHR graphic card from Bestbuy.ca for 1799.99 a month ago and sell off the rest of the parts such as 512GB WD SN530 NVME SSD, AMD 5800X CPU, 1 X 16 GB SK Hynix RAM+AMD B550 ITX motherboard that could only do 3600MHz infinity fabric + 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM Hard Drive.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... x/15611957
But at $2239.99cad for an Open Box it's not as worth it since you can buy 3070 LHR video cards on craigslist even at Scalpers pricing may save the hassle of selling a Prebuilt Computer for parts if you're not planning to mine Crypto since even Nvidia LHR cards are hardly in stock these days.

I wouldn't buy a DELL prebuilt computer as there's not many parts you can upgrade unless you specifically want a part like the CPU+Nvidia Graphic Card. The power supply is their own proprietary version so cannot upgrade and if it fails you'll have to buy a Dell PSU unless you want to buy a new motherboard as well. So if the Asus G15DK with the 3070 goes on sale from Bestbuy which it has multiple times I'd get that otherwise I'd wait for the next Bestbuy.ca in store NVIDIA event or buy an AMD video card.

There's a Samsung B-DIE Finder tool and right now if you wanted the best DDR4 RAM
https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

Cheapest B-DIE I could find is 3200MHz C15 2X16gb Dual Rank and you would have to spend time to find stable RAM settings to overclock to DDR4 3600MHz.
https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288- ... -_-Product
Last edited by starglazer on Jan 1st, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1303 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
starglazer wrote: I would suggest using MemTest86 to test out the RAM once received so if any errors can use Amazon return policy right away.
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Most of the 2x16 GB ram out there are SK HYNIX or Micron (Crucial Ballistix+YMMV Corsair) so if there's RAM chips issues then it's going to affect pretty much many many RAM models except Crucial since they sell Micron die only RAM.
However, Crucial Ballistix RAM from Amazon reviews some users are stating they are now receiving 2x16GB Single Rank Modules instead of Double Rank and that's about a 5-10% performance hit in some areas of computer usage for Ryzen 5000 CPU series users.

Also for others out here, it's best to put in A2/B2 slot so the farthest memory slot away from CPU and the 2nd one and then go to BIOS and enable XMP or on Asus motherboard it's called DOCP.

Samsung B-DIE ram is about $80+ more and generally not worth the money without having to spend hours+days to overclock.
It's just a matter of a few more years before DDR5 matures and prices comes down to have DDR5. Right now DDR5 beats DDR4 in 1080P gaming but at 3X+ the price of DDR4 and limited stock.
There's scalpers selling DDR5 RAM on craigslist for DDR5 since many places are out of stock except newegg.ca and most likely not many will purchase a DDR5 Intel Z690 compatible Motherboard with the Intel Alder Lake 12600K CPU so for those users of the new Alder Lake CPUs would think most would purchase DDR4 Z690 motherboard and use DDR4 with the Intel CPU.

There's Ryzen 6000 CPU series which is the last series out to upgrade CPU for AMD AM4 motherboards and I expect AMD to announce it at Jan 5 CES 2022 and then Zen 4 Ryzen 7000 CPU Series and Intel will have Raptor Lake (13th gen)
before the end of the 2022 year so more DDR5 motherboards and DDR5 RAM will be available but even then with COVID19+semiconductor shortage+Global Ocean logistics issues prices may not come down that much for a few years to be worthwhile to replace DDR4.

Unless you're gaming at 1080P, general consensus is DDR5 RAM isn't worth the money right now and is basically early adopters tax. If you want the best for now and have the money DDR5 is best for you but sooner or later you'd have to end up selling the DDR5 RAM to upgrade to higher frequencies depending on AMD/INTEL CPUs and motherboards support just like what happened with AMD CPUS and RAM support.
I just can't justify paying $400+ for minimum DDR5 RAM+ $200+ for Intel Z690 Motherboard

So for those with AMD Ryzen CPUs I'd just get 3600MHz CL16 RAM if your motherboard or CPU
and I think all the Ryzen 5000 CPUS can do 1800MHz Infinity fabric so should be able to run 3600MHz RAM.

On Youtube, at 1440P and 4k Gaming the GPU Graphic Card seems to be the hindering factor and investing in a better GPU is a better worthwhile investment.
However, prices of Nvidia GPUs are still insane since even Nvidia LHR models, some are using NBMiner to unlock some of the locked hashrate for Ethereum Crypto Mining.
You'd have to wait for bestbuy to have their in-store event for NVIDIA and lineup to pay for MSRP pricing.

I didn't have time so I was able to snag an Asus 3070 DUAL OC non LHR graphic card from Bestbuy.ca for 1799.99 a month ago and sell off the rest of the parts such as 512GB WD SN550 NVME SSD, AMD 5800X CPU, 1 X 16 GB SK Hynix RAM+AMD B550 ITX motherboard that could only do 3600MHz infinity fabric + 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM Hard Drive.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... x/15611957
But at $2239.99cad for an Open Box it's not as worth it since you can buy 3070 LHR video cards on craigslist even at Scalpers pricing may save the hassle of selling a Prebuilt Computer for parts if you're not planning to mine Crypto since even Nvidia LHR cards are hardly in stock these days.

I wouldn't buy a DELL prebuilt computer as there's not many parts you can upgrade unless you specifically want a part like the CPU+Nvidia Graphic Card. The power supply is their own proprietary version so cannot upgrade and if it fails you'll have to buy a Dell PSU unless you want to buy a new motherboard as well. So if the Asus G15DK with the 3070 goes on sale from Bestbuy which it has multiple times I'd get that otherwise I'd wait for the next Bestbuy.ca in store NVIDIA event or buy an AMD video card.

There's a Samsung B-DIE Finder tool and right now if you wanted the best DDR4 RAM
https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

Cheapest B-DIE I could find is 3200MHz C15 2X16gb Dual Rank and you would have to spend time to find stable RAM settings to overclock to DDR4 3600MHz.
https://www.newegg.ca/g-skill-32gb-288- ... -_-Product
I always do that. I run memtest for a couple of passes and then if they pass the first few it should be good. Not a QC issue or DOA issue. The problems developed down the road. Windows was still operable, but I would get occasional memory errors and sudden crashing in some videogames. Decided to Memtest again 6 months in and voila, pass 2 of memtest86 showed a group of errors.
[OP]
May 9, 2006
35 posts
33 upvotes
VaNcItY
purebluejapan wrote: I always do that. I run memtest for a couple of passes and then if they pass the first few it should be good. Not a QC issue or DOA issue. The problems developed down the road. Windows was still operable, but I would get occasional memory errors and sudden crashing in some videogames. Decided to Memtest again 6 months in and voila, pass 2 of memtest86 showed a group of errors.
I'm just saying that this model of the GSKILL RipJaws V uses the SK HYNIX die whether CJR or DJR die that is a common die and found in many other RAM kits so the issue wouldn't just be isolated to this model.
The XMP RAM voltage is set at 1.35v which is quite safe so not sure if it's just something wrong with the die or there's overheating issues if the CPU fan is not cooling the RAM.
If it's the former then well SK Hynix has about 22% of the 95% market share from the 3 oligopoly of Samsung/SK Hynix/Micron so unless you find Samsung or Micron dies the issue is going to be apparent with other RAM brands.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1303 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
starglazer wrote: I'm just saying that this model of the GSKILL RipJaws V uses the SK HYNIX die whether CJR or DJR die that is a common die and found in many other RAM kits so the issue wouldn't just be isolated to this model.
The XMP RAM voltage is set at 1.35v which is quite safe so not sure if it's just something wrong with the die or there's overheating issues if the CPU fan is not cooling the RAM.
If it's the former then well SK Hynix has about 22% of the 95% market share from the 3 oligopoly of Samsung/SK Hynix/Micron so unless you find Samsung or Micron dies the issue is going to be apparent with other RAM brands.
Well, my experience was with a 5900x and a very free-flowing case, I've heard about the exact same kit failing within a couple of months when researching before I bought them. Either way, when they work, they are great.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38241 posts
24426 upvotes
Center of Universe
purebluejapan wrote: Well, my experience was with a 5900x and a very free-flowing case, I've heard about the exact same kit failing within a couple of months when researching before I bought them. Either way, when they work, they are great.
I'm using the 16GB sets with a 5600x, 5900x and 5950x with no issues...
Sep 14, 2005
29 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Been running this RAM with my 5800x / RTX 3070 since June and it's been absolutely rock solid.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10648 posts
6013 upvotes
Toronto
Also using this kit as well. Bought it in March/April.
1 of my sticks was bad, did RMA.

New set has been rock solid so far, my new kit is CJR dual rank.

I got them overclocked to 3733
Images
  • ZenTimings_Screenshot.png
[OP]
May 9, 2006
35 posts
33 upvotes
VaNcItY
Proprietor wrote: no RGB :(
1 of my 2x16GB RAM kits Samsung Bdie kits suddenly just 1x16GB doesn't show RGB anymore when it both previously showed.

RGB kits are prone to fail as well and looks weird when only 1 of the 2 ram lights up.

So you may have a working RAM kit with at least 1 stick of RGB not lighting up.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7663 posts
4365 upvotes
Debtario
exactly. RGB should be mandatory! Hope JEDEC adopts it as part of their official specs
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Dec 17, 2006
177 posts
56 upvotes
I just bought a 64GB kit (RGB) and you can't see either of the RAM sticks beneath my ginormous Noctua cooler Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
May 9, 2006
35 posts
33 upvotes
VaNcItY
Boots wrote: I just bought a 64GB kit (RGB) and you can't see either of the RAM sticks beneath my ginormous Noctua cooler Face With Tears Of Joy
The NH-U12A CPU Cooler has no issues with seeing RGB and comes with the most quietest/best 120mm fan A12X25 PWM

Most people got the best Air cooler Noctua DH-15 but it's huge that Boots may have.
Dec 17, 2006
177 posts
56 upvotes
starglazer wrote: The NH-U12A CPU Cooler has no issues with seeing RGB and comes with the most quietest/best 120mm fan A12X25 PWM

Most people got the best Air cooler Noctua DH-15 but it's huge that Boots may have.
yeah I have the DH-15. Keeps my Ryzen furnace under control lol