Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600MHz 32GB(16GBx2) (CL19-$159.99/CL16$166.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 10:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1074 posts
1208 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600MHz 32GB(16GBx2) (CL19-$159.99/CL16$166.99)

EDIT: Thank to @johncraven for pointing out a lower price that was on sale a few days ago. I went back to check the link and noticed you can buy it again for $166.99 brand new. It does say currently out of stock, but you can pay now and once an ETA is established you will be notified. See screenshot attached

Take it easy on me as I am not a computer genius, I am just starting to learn. I decided to get this over a RAM with CL 16 because I can't justify the price difference for my needs. Depending on the system you are running, I read that this isn't a bad alternative to 3200 CL16.

Been researching all around the web and this is the best price I could find on 32GB (16GBx2) RAM with 3600MHz. Supposed to be ATL as per CCC.

The link I provided takes you to a $203.99 version, make sure you select the other buying options to find the $159.99 one.

I was on the verge of waiting until BF, but since this isn't shipped until October, it gives me some time to buy now and think later, and to shop around for the interim.
Images
  • RAM.png
  • RAM.png
Last edited by Parrajara on Sep 10th, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1074 posts
1208 upvotes
Anyone know if it really is a big deal whether you use Intel or AMD? It says designed for Intel, but how much of a difference will there really be if I use this on AMD vs. another comparable RAM
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3590 posts
1125 upvotes
Mars
is this hot or should i wait for BF, BD?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8646 posts
3812 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
forgetpwd wrote: is this hot or should i wait for BF, BD?
Don't bank on it. Home Depot in US already cancelling Black Friday.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1074 posts
1208 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: is this hot or should i wait for BF, BD?
Hard to tell. I bought it now, but since it's not arriving until October 11. Gives you a month to shop around some more. You can also return it up to 30 days after receiving it, with minimal to no loss depending on your code of ethics and the customer service rep.

So this gives you up to 60 days to shop around for a better deal. Sounds like the better deal in the market right now, unless you need RGB ^
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I’ve been buying parts since August and I noticed all parts dropping as we moved to Black Friday.

Bought Corsair Vengeance LPX 89.99. A few weeks after it dropped to 79.99
Bought EVGA GTX 1080Ti two weeks ago for 399USD, then last week nvidia announced RTX and yesterday it was being sold for 349$.

Just wait for BF if you can. For sure prices will drop.
Sep 17, 2007
882 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto
ericli007 wrote: I’ve been buying parts since August and I noticed all parts dropping as we moved to Black Friday.

Bought Corsair Vengeance LPX 89.99. A few weeks after it dropped to 79.99
Bought EVGA GTX 1080Ti two weeks ago for 399USD, then last week nvidia announced RTX and yesterday it was being sold for 349$.

Just wait for BF if you can. For sure prices will drop.
That 1080ti, still a great deal! (except the UPS charges robbery that happened on its way)
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: That 1080ti, still a great deal! (except the UPS charges robbery that happened on its way)
Guess what? I didn't get charged duty/customs from UPS Standard for my EVGA GTX 1080 ti
The week before, I also ordered from Florida (lawn maintenance herbicide) - 350$ USD worth and I didn't pay anything EITHER!!!
Jan 23, 2010
251 posts
14 upvotes
ericli007 wrote: Guess what? I didn't get charged duty/customs from UPS Standard for my EVGA GTX 1080 ti
The week before, I also ordered from Florida (lawn maintenance herbicide) - 350$ USD worth and I didn't pay anything EITHER!!!
Careful as I've received invoices in the mail a couple weeks to a month after the delivery with charges for customs and duties. I was surprised too as it was a small purchase and figured it just wasn't taxed until the invoice came in
RFD'ers to avoid:
EEE2 - Will string you along for 2 weeks, offer to EMT a deposit but then never follow through with buying anything
TrevorBurns - Backs out of deals at the last minute after stringing you along.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2019
1074 posts
1208 upvotes
johncraven wrote: for $6 more you can get the CL16 version few days ago, looks like it's dead though and back to 234$. https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... 4_3600mhz/

Be patient and a better RAM deal should come along.
Thank you for this, I actually just found it again. It is out of stock, but you can purchase it and they will notify you when they have an ETA. I will actually OP to add this and give you credit.
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Corellon wrote: Careful as I've received invoices in the mail a couple weeks to a month after the delivery with charges for customs and duties. I was surprised too as it was a small purchase and figured it just wasn't taxed until the invoice came in
No way!!

OK, let me tell you that I'd refuse to pay if I receive invoice by mail. What's the worse that can happen? UPS will sue me? They shouldn't release a package until duty fees have been paid.
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Corellon wrote: Careful as I've received invoices in the mail a couple weeks to a month after the delivery with charges for customs and duties. I was surprised too as it was a small purchase and figured it just wasn't taxed until the invoice came in
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Ya they go to collection. Their business model is legal but not ethical at all. They are trying to take advantage of people by holding their parcel hostage and sending huge bills to everyone. Whoever is lazy or don't have time to go get the package self cleared from the customs office pays it all to get done with the bs, and whoever isn't gets them self cleared and ups voids the charges when you go pick it up.

That's pure robbery.

It's like charging as many people as you can for briefly not stopping at a stop light and hoping they won't fight the charges. Technically it's clients mistake or laziness or unavailability. But taking advantage of this with legal threats is purely unethical.

They also call u everyday, two three times in the form of 'a reminder' to get u to pay the charges.
Again, delivery via UPS is a robbery in daylight. Avoid at all costs. Email the vendor to choose alternative options. Even if u pay extra it'll be worth it.

Great way to exploit human nature. For example, Instead of $100 Send $1000 bills to everyone, whoever complaints, u say sorry and revert back. Whoever pays, u win.
End of story.
You're right! I just received my invoice by mail a few weeks after.

I don't understand. Why do they drop off my package and leave, and then a few weeks later send me an invoice? Why did they not take my package hostage in the first place? Since the package was released to buyer, do you still have to pay (dumb question I know).
@Corellon, did you pay in the end? Full amount?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1227 posts
208 upvotes
GTA
ericli007 wrote: You're right! I just received my invoice by mail a few weeks after.

I don't understand. Why do they drop off my package and leave, and then a few weeks later send me an invoice? Why did they not take my package hostage in the first place? Since the package was released to buyer, do you still have to pay (dumb question I know).
Probably so that you are on the hook and can't refuse.
Jan 23, 2010
251 posts
14 upvotes
With DHL I argued that I was not contacted prior to the delivery being made in order to self clear, as I had no information on how/when/who was delivering the product I could not not make arrangements and they eventually dropped their fee (but not the duties and taxes (fair) and noted my account to seek if I wanted to self-clear prior to delivery.

With UPS it was as similar story, they waived their fee but kept taxes and duties (again fair) and I have a UPS account now to alert me to deliveries before it's delivered, believe if you pay the taxes and duties prior to delivery their fee is reduced or eliminated (It's been a while since I used UPS). I know that is/was the case with Fedex if you setup a payment method and pay before delivery.

If you want to argue, go the route that you were not given the opportunity to self clear nor informed of the charges prior to accepting delivery.
RFD'ers to avoid:
EEE2 - Will string you along for 2 weeks, offer to EMT a deposit but then never follow through with buying anything
TrevorBurns - Backs out of deals at the last minute after stringing you along.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)