Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Galaxy Watch 42 mm SM-R810NZKAXAC - $229 - third party seller

[OP]
Jun 10, 2007
235 posts
79 upvotes
Whitehorse

[Amazon Canada] Galaxy Watch 42 mm SM-R810NZKAXAC - $229 - third party seller

Listed by a third party seller (based in Toronto) these are "Used - Like New". Gadget Deal's description incorrectly reads "THIS IS GPS + CELLULAR LIKE BRAND NEW". I spoke with Rehan this morning and he said it is not LTE but the product number listed (SM-R810NZKAXAC) is in fact correct and includes all the original items (charger) except for the original box. $229 seems like a very good price for this. I did order one.... we'll see how it goes.
Images
  • Galaxy Watch - Gadget Deals.png
22 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1154 posts
1323 upvotes
Pointe Claire
False advertising on part of seller enough reason to be wary. Hope it works out for you. I picked up mine for $250 open box from Bestbuy couple weeks ago. Great watch!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7262 posts
2674 upvotes
MVRD
Not exactly sure how I feel about buying from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.ca. Are we protected somehow?
Oct 27, 2016
191 posts
425 upvotes
chatbox wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 3:11 pm
Not exactly sure how I feel about buying from 3rd party sellers on Amazon.ca. Are we protected somehow?
Amazon A to Z guarantee
Mar 1, 2016
339 posts
83 upvotes
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 2:25 pm
False advertising on part of seller enough reason to be wary. Hope it works out for you. I picked up mine for $250 open box from Bestbuy couple weeks ago. Great watch!
Cheapest I see is 320. Was this an instore deal or you had to ask for discounts?
Apr 5, 2009
153 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
A3rr0w wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 4:45 pm
Cheapest I see is 320. Was this an instore deal or you had to ask for discounts?
i hve seen 279 from BB in 2018. open box ,
Feb 14, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
I just bought mine brand new from Staples for 314.99 plus tax

Staples having a family and friends event and there's a coupon $45 off of any purchase of $300+
Feb 12, 2018
5 posts
5 upvotes
I've been burned many times from 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Normally take a popular item, sell it below market, then take your money and run. Amazon's A to Z has been a poor experience, it takes time and you are capped by the amount of times or money you can claim.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1154 posts
1323 upvotes
Pointe Claire
A3rr0w wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 4:45 pm
No, it was online. Just checked. It was Jan 28th. It was $300 with a sale of $50 off. When the new unopened go on sale (think they were $100 off at the time), the open box usually drops in price too. I took the last one at the time but I see they have more... but at less of a discount.
Mar 1, 2016
339 posts
83 upvotes
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 7:32 pm
No, it was online. Just checked. It was Jan 28th. It was $300 with a sale of $50 off. When the new unopened go on sale (think they were $100 off at the time), the open box usually drops in price too. I took the last one at the time but I see they have more... but at less of a discount.
Thank you. I'll keep checking periodically to see if the price drops. Kijiji sellers aren't offering decent prices for used ones. Better to get open box.
Jun 7, 2017
90 posts
84 upvotes
Got mine today, ordered before this post think wed and paid extra for fast shipping. Watch is GPS and LTE so that's cool. Was brand new. Only issue I have is the charging stand is a cheap knock off and literally charged it from 0-28 percent in 7 hours. It's cheap plastic nothing like retail one and get burning hot to the touch. Going to contact seller and go from there. Otherwise decent deal.
[OP]
Jun 10, 2007
235 posts
79 upvotes
Whitehorse
DavidA511606 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 10:22 pm
Got mine today, ordered before this post think wed and paid extra for fast shipping. Watch is GPS and LTE so that's cool. Was brand new. Only issue I have is the charging stand is a cheap knock off and literally charged it from 0-28 percent in 7 hours. It's cheap plastic nothing like retail one and get burning hot to the touch. Going to contact seller and go from there. Otherwise decent deal.
Wow. OK. So... just to clarify... did you get it from the same third party seller (Gadget Deals)? And does anything on the watch (or in the software) indicate SM-R810NZKAXAC? From what I read, that version isn't LTE.
Jun 7, 2017
90 posts
84 upvotes
Yeah it's LTE it has a IMEI. Same seller. Accessories are cheap knock offs though. Dock overheats and will not charge long. Contacted seller and they said would send new dock. When I asked if they will send OEM they said I can return for refund so most likely would be this cheap charger knock off. It was a good price so I might keep it. I have another wireless charger at work which I will try on Monday. If that doesn't work I'll return the watch.
Jun 7, 2017
90 posts
84 upvotes
Scratch that previous post. It has LTE but will not allow connection to be created says to contact provider. I assume this is some grey market item from the states.