• Oct 18th, 2020 12:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12267 posts
10638 upvotes
Oil Country

[Amazon.ca] Game of Thrones: The Complete Series Collection (4K UHD) - $210.96

Just noticed Amazon.ca dropped the price on the Game of Thrones 4K Collection (eight seasons) pre-order to $210.96CAD. The Amazon.com price is $209.99USD, but that one comes with a digital code for the entire collection which will likely only redeem in Vudu.
155 replies
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
2766 posts
1239 upvotes
itrocks4u wrote: I will on my LG OLED.

Hey I got LG B9 65"inch recently, want to rewatch this show, is there a way to get this in 4K UHD for free somewhere on the internet
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Hey I got LG B9 65"inch recently, want to rewatch this show, is there a way to get this in 4K UHD for free somewhere on the internet
probably after its out or sub to hbo maybe
Jun 5, 2004
349 posts
202 upvotes
Watching GoT was like dining at a Michelin star restaurant. Each course was topped by the next and left you wanting more. Just when you think you've had the greatest meal of you life, you get served a steaming pile of poop. In disbelief, you ask the chef if this is some kind of joke. He says "To be honest, I never really cared" before shoving your face into the poop. You spend the next few months trying to get the taste out of your mind but everytime you think back you start retching.
May 13, 2012
403 posts
366 upvotes
Edmonton
Sanjuro wrote: Watching GoT was like dining at a Michelin star restaurant. Each course was topped by the next and left you wanting more. Just when you think you've had the greatest meal of you life, you get served a steaming pile of poop. In disbelief, you ask the chef if this is some kind of joke. He says "To be honest, I never really cared" before shoving your face into the poop. You spend the next few months trying to get the taste out of your mind but everytime you think back you start retching.
Sep 26, 2018
1283 posts
3336 upvotes
Sanjuro wrote: Watching GoT was like dining at a Michelin star restaurant. Each course was topped by the next and left you wanting more. Just when you think you've had the greatest meal of you life, you get served a steaming pile of poop. In disbelief, you ask the chef if this is some kind of joke. He says "To be honest, I never really cared" before shoving your face into the poop. You spend the next few months trying to get the taste out of your mind but everytime you think back you start retching.
The chef kinda forgot to not serve poop
Also relevant, this tweet: Image
I have spoken
Oct 16, 2011
432 posts
291 upvotes
I really wonder if the HBO executives in charge of this show got fired for basically letting D&D rush the 7th and 8th seasons and screw up the franchise so badly.

HBO likely lost hundreds of millions in merchandise sales and spin off opportunities from what should’ve been a Star Wars / Harry Potter level franchise.

On a side note, 4K UHD BluRay is as good as it gets in terms of visual quality, so if you want to enjoy the first four seasons then this is the best way to do it.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2396 posts
2410 upvotes
Damn at this price, just buy a 1 TB external HDD and..... you know.... use your internet skills.....
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1304 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
I need one of these before the 2nd lockdown - might binge the Christopher Nolan Batman flicks and enjoy the dark scenes.
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1304 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect way to describe it! Apparently they gave up and rushed it to focus on a star wars flick? Or was it star trek? Or LOTR series?
The Golden Rule: those who have the gold, make the rules
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1028 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
emptyquote
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1009 posts
1577 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe we’ll actually be able to see what happens in the battle episode. This was the only reason I bought an oled.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1525 posts
749 upvotes
GTA
redkulat wrote: Hold the door
That was the last season, I watched before life got in the way..
3 years ago at least...I think there was a big delay from that season and the next 8? Episode season, followed by the last season.

I'm so scared to watch it :( I have heard nothing but bad.. luckily no spoilers but...

Is it just the last episode or the last 2 seasons? That are crap?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7335 posts
2296 upvotes
T dot 6
GSpeed wrote: Is it just the last episode or the last 2 seasons? That are crap?
Season 7 is bad. Season 8 is a steaming bag of horse crap that is on fire.

Don't watch them if you haven't already. Just imagine the ending yourself and whatever that is, is 100 times better then what they came up with.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Dec 20, 2010
495 posts
452 upvotes
GSpeed wrote: That was the last season, I watched before life got in the way..
3 years ago at least...I think there was a big delay from that season and the next 8? Episode season, followed by the last season.

I'm so scared to watch it :( I have heard nothing but bad.. luckily no spoilers but...

Is it just the last episode or the last 2 seasons? That are crap?
Season 7 is horrible in hindsight but we let it pass at the time because we figured they were trying to get to some amazing finish.

Then as you're watching episode 3 of season 8 your heart is pounding and you're so hyped for what is about to happen. As the episode goes on it's exciting but something is off, then it finishes and you're left thinking "uhhh, interesting, I don't think I like this, but maybe it's not so bad", but then every minute that passes, every time you reflect on a new aspect of the episode and subsequent episodes (if you were not smart enough to heed all advice and stop watching) it becomes worse; it ruins all re-watch value of the previous seasons, you wish you had never wasted your time on it, and you're in utter disbelief that such a cultural phenomenon could have been botched so badly by the writers (and of course HBO executives shouldn't get a pass either). I felt like a hostage after episode 3 because of course we had to finish the season, but I would implore you (as others have) to cut your losses and forget about it.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4461 posts
4040 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I think I'll stick to the first season bought on iTunes. Yet to watch.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.