Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Game of thrones season 8 4k uhd bluray set $39

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 2:27 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1615 posts
4380 upvotes
Marcos1310 wrote: Came here to downvote as bad product and upvote whoever says anything bad about season 8, I still think they didn't get enough trash talk for what they did to the show.
this is the way
I have spoken
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1274 posts
561 upvotes
**** this show.
Now I’m mad because if this thread
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
331 posts
474 upvotes
S0lidus wrote: I assume you're trolling or are just a dick, but It includes the bluray, so yes it does complete my set.
The bluray goes for $19 on regular sales.

It's 2020... who the heck is building sets of 1080p in 2020 when we are at the end of 4k, moving towards 8k!?
The one, the only, the original, SIZZLING FRYING PAN HOT DEALS - DEAL GOD!
Aug 16, 2015
408 posts
123 upvotes
Ajax, ON
almasyseifer wrote: you think your crap shows should be immune from criticism or something? The bad product cote option is there for a reason and it's doing exactly what it's intended to in this thread. I'm pretty sure there are other shows you too would consider crappy so pls stop your moral grandstanding
The DVD sales for season 8 are amongst the highest if not highest ever, reviews on the product are really high. There have to be a forum for criticism of the show you can post this stuff in instead of the hot deals section. Season 8 had some nice moments in my personal opinion, I thought the battle of Winterfell was absolutely amazing and would watch season 8 for this reason alone.
Jun 19, 2017
679 posts
1224 upvotes
Canada
almasyseifer wrote: you think your crap shows should be immune from criticism or something? The bad product cote option is there for a reason and it's doing exactly what it's intended to in this thread. I'm pretty sure there are other shows you too would consider crappy so pls stop your moral grandstanding
I’ve never seen a single episode but thanks for coming out chief. My original comments stand. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t change the deal.

Not sure what the “bad product cote option” is. I don’t have it in my interface.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
Just because you don't like the show doesn't mean that it's a bad deal (for those who do like it).
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
257 upvotes
Yes, GOT S8 sucked overall, but all these wise crack comments, cheap shots and general anger vibe is why RFD has such few hot deals now. Who would want to try to share a deal only to deal with so many internet dorks?

Thanks OP, for sharing a deal you found,

Sam

PS I thought the first two episodes were great in S8, on reflection. Didn’t like the ending though. Ugh.
Last edited by songanddance on Feb 16th, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the change you want to see.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
sinuking wrote: The DVD sales for season 8 are amongst the highest if not highest ever, reviews on the product are really high. There have to be a forum for criticism of the show you can post this stuff in instead of the hot deals section. Season 8 had some nice moments in my personal opinion, I thought the battle of Winterfell was absolutely amazing and would watch season 8 for this reason alone.
This thread could have ended up being stuffed with nothing but fanboys and universal praise. Equally, it could be largely characterized by unanimous criticism.... Or it could be both. Who cares? What would be the point of threads being posted for suggested "deals" without one, the other or both? If people want to voice their discontent with the product, great. If they want to say they love it, that's fine too. Why would you suggest that RFD should turn into nothing but a "Hot Deals" section with stuff being posted that's only ever unanimously positive wrt whatever is supposedly a deal? The voting system gives a potential buyer a good idea of whether something is truly regarded as a hot deal. If said prospective buyer wants to know more about why something is or is not regarded as a hot deal, they can read further. If not, they don't have to.
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
257 upvotes
It’s this general sense of entitlement and righteousness that permeates many of this forum’s threads. I don’t have an issue with people sharing what they thought of GOT S8 but most people can’t help showing the opposite of gratitude, with some even attacking OP. Another belittling their own wife, in their attempt to appear cool; some stud right there (not).

OP is a long standing member and is sharing a low priced deal on a product which some might be interested in.

Have some appreciation, or just downvote and shut up if you can’t say anything civil or mature.

Sam
Be the change you want to see.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1615 posts
4380 upvotes
sinuking wrote: The DVD sales for season 8 are amongst the highest if not highest ever, reviews on the product are really high. There have to be a forum for criticism of the show you can post this stuff in instead of the hot deals section. Season 8 had some nice moments in my personal opinion, I thought the battle of Winterfell was absolutely amazing and would watch season 8 for this reason alone.
Lickzy wrote: I’ve never seen a single episode but thanks for coming out chief. My original comments stand. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t change the deal.

Not sure what the “bad product cote option” is. I don’t have it in my interface.
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Just because you don't like the show doesn't mean that it's a bad deal (for those who do like it).

You three are hilarious lol. How are you not aware that there is more than one reason to downvote a thread??? What exactly do you think the bad product option is for when you downvote a thread on RFD???
Last edited by almasyseifer on Feb 16th, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have spoken
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
157 posts
282 upvotes
This has got to be the most pathetic RFD post to grace the site. Not a deal by the slightest. Well done, OP. Well done.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
almasyseifer wrote: You three are hilarious lol. How are you not aware that there is more than one reason to downvote a thread??? What exactly do you think the bad product option is for when you downvote a thread on RFD???
Well, generally a "hot deal" thread gets upvoted or downvoted because the quality of the deal, not a person's opinion about the product itself.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1615 posts
4380 upvotes
songanddance wrote: It’s this general sense of entitlement and righteousness that permeates many of this forum’s threads. I don’t have an issue with people sharing what they thought of GOT S8 but most people can’t help showing the opposite of gratitude, with some even attacking OP. Another belittling their own wife, in their attempt to appear cool; some stud right there (not).

OP is a long standing member and is sharing a low priced deal on a product which some might be interested in.

Have some appreciation, or just downvote and shut up if you can’t say anything civil or mature.

Sam
are you serious right now, first of all you're the first uncivil and immature person acting entitled and righteous on this thread and throwing a tantrum because people are doing exactly what this forum is mean to do, upvote and recommend products when they think it's good and downvote and give explanation for when they think a product is bad. I got 3 mouth breathers above me that seem oblivious to the existence of the bad product option when downvoting and believe that the only reason to downvote is if the deal is good/bad ignoring that you can also downvote if you can't obtain the deal, if you don't like the product/service or if the merchant has poor reputation. And here we have you joining them because you thinks people aren't allowed to share their thoughts about products as if you've got any right to tell them to shut up and keep it to themselves.
I have spoken
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2921 posts
2339 upvotes
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: The bluray goes for $19 on regular sales.

It's 2020... who the heck is building sets of 1080p in 2020 when we are at the end of 4k, moving towards 8k!?
Planned obsolescence. Useful only for those who have space for gigantic TV's. Greed.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Well, generally a "hot deal" thread gets upvoted or downvoted because the quality of the deal, not a person's opinion about the product itself.
Quality of any deal is a function of both the price and the value of the product itself. Price is objective, but value is absolutely 100% subjective - i.e. opinion based.

Disagree? How about someone offering a free kick in the nuts, regular price $39. Cheap? Yes. Hot deal? Most would say no.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1615 posts
4380 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Well, generally a "hot deal" thread gets upvoted or downvoted because the quality of the deal, not a person's opinion about the product itself.
First of all, you have absolutely no way of knowing that whatsoever, unless RFD allowed you to peek at the back end of the website and you then analyzed all the data and mass compiled users behaviors data so that you can show us some statistics of the voting patterns of RFD users.
Second, EVEN if you did all that, nobody asked or gives a flying fck right now about "how do people generally vote on hot deals?" That his not the issue here at all.

The issue is:
1. D&D S8 destroyed the most promising show in the history of fantasy and maybe every other genre according to a lot of people including me and HBO is selling that season as a product right now.
2. RFD is forum where people can talk about and upvote or downvote products deals for MULTIPLE REASONS whether it's the deal not being hot enough, the product being bad, the merchant being shady, the deal being unavailable/out of stock, etc.
3. The majority of people on this thread have downvoted this product including myself who used 'bad product' option to do so.
4. Some snowflakes here now suddenly believe that their garbage ass season should be immune from criticism. Some falsely believe that the downvote button is exclusively reserved for measuring deal hotness and to those I say go start your own forum where the downvote button is only allowed to be used for that. Some others are telling the people who used the 'bad product' option like me that we aren't allowed to express ourselves and explain why we think it's a bad product explaining our votes and to those I again say go start your own forum where you can restrict peoples opinions of products as much as you want.
I have spoken
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
brghunter wrote: Quality of any deal is a function of both the price and the value of the product itself. Price is objective, but value is absolutely 100% subjective - i.e. opinion based.

Disagree? How about someone offering a free kick in the nuts, regular price $39. Cheap? Yes. Hot deal? Most would say no.
Maybe, but TV is a lot more subjective then "do I like nutkicks"? I think that if we were to base our upvotes or downvotes on how much we like or dislike something, it makes the system somewhat useless.
I hate Shawarma, so should I downvote a Shawarma deal even if it's a good deal? After all, even 80% of a meal is not worth it if you hate the food.
I hate concerts, so should I downvote any deal on concert tickets? I probably wouldn't even go it the tickets were free, so to me no matter how cheap they are they'd be a "bad deal" to me.
I hate concerts
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
331 posts
474 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Planned obsolescence. Useful only for those who have space for gigantic TV's. Greed.
People adapt!

How many 24" CRTS do you have in your home?

People will buy bigger desks to accommodate, and likewise, buy bigger houses to accommodate the bigger TVs.

It's not greed, it's human evolution.
The one, the only, the original, SIZZLING FRYING PAN HOT DEALS - DEAL GOD!
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
Dare I say, reading the battles in this thread has been almost as exciting as GOT
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1615 posts
4380 upvotes
ConsoleWatcher wrote: I hate Shawarma, so should I downvote a Shawarma deal even if it's a good deal? After all, even 80% of a meal is not worth it if you hate the food.
I hate concerts, so should I downvote any deal on concert tickets? I probably wouldn't even go it the tickets were free, so to me no matter how cheap they are they'd be a "bad deal" to me.
Hold on... so if the shawarma place is shady and involved in credit card scams, I'm not allowed to downvote them using the 'poor merchant' according to you because *checks note*... it's a good deal? or are you only biased against the 'bad product' downvoting option?
I have spoken

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)