Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Gaming Aluminum Mouse Pad $9.59 - $20.40 off

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2018 12:16 pm
[OP]
Member
Jun 28, 2014
328 posts
318 upvotes
Ajax, ON

[Amazon.ca] Gaming Aluminum Mouse Pad $9.59 - $20.40 off

Not sure if this is prime only but $9.59 & has good reviews
it has been down to 5.99 before

Happy New Year all
21 replies
Member
Oct 17, 2015
411 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
How does this compare to the logitech g240 deal at staples for 9.50 or the Lenovo y gaming at Microsoft store for ~6.50.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 7, 2003
7269 posts
2106 upvotes
T dot 6
SartajA735 wrote: How does this compare to the logitech g240 deal at staples for 9.50 or the Lenovo y gaming at Microsoft store for ~6.50.
Read the one star reviews, this mouse pad has a lot of issues. I never bother reading the positives which a lot are probably fake, read all the negatives and then decide.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 11, 2006
746 posts
828 upvotes
Durham, Ontario
Pretty sure if you order it and then attempt a return Amazon will tell you just to keep it
Newbie
Mar 10, 2017
39 posts
10 upvotes
I picked one up. Seems handy for HTPC couch surfing. We’ll see.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5672 posts
7058 upvotes
If it is sold by Amazon, it is possible. However, this item is sold by marketplace sellers, so the chance is much lower.
Eckz wrote: Pretty sure if you order it and then attempt a return Amazon will tell you just to keep it
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2006
598 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
how do you use this mousepad for gaming, its tiny? You want a decent one for cheap, just search for magic the gathering playmat typically you can get one fro $15-20 and are 23-7/8-Inch x 13-1/2-Inch (606.425mm x 342.9mm). some even have cool artwork!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
11871 posts
1658 upvotes
Toronto
meatwagon wrote: how do you use this mousepad for gaming, its tiny? You want a decent one for cheap, just search for magic the gathering playmat typically you can get one fro $15-20 and are 23-7/8-Inch x 13-1/2-Inch (606.425mm x 342.9mm). some even have cool artwork!
Tiny? Why would you need such a big mouse pad? 1" of mouse travel moves my cursor all the way across my 1440p screen. I can my move cursor to any spot on my screen without lifting my wrist. What good does 27" do for me?
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2006
598 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
because when you are GAMING you typically use a much lower sensitivity, typically around 0.4-0.8 instead for 20. Airgo a larger mousepad is beneficial. Secondly you dont have to exaggerate with you silly statement, unless you have your mouse on 100x theres no way it moved 1440 pixels from an inch, if you game on sens 10, you are doing it wrong.. and yes this mousepad is tiny
Member
Oct 15, 2016
201 posts
237 upvotes
meatwagon wrote: You want a decent one for cheap, just search for magic the gathering playmat typically you can get one fro $15-20 and are 23-7/8-Inch x 13-1/2-Inch (606.425mm x 342.9mm). some even have cool artwork!
I use foam shelf liner like this, $3 at Dollarama for a 10ft roll that's 18" wide.

Cut a piece 1x1.5ft, tape to desk, throw away when it gets dirty. One roll makes 10 large mouse pads.

You can skip the tape if you pre-flatten it but who has time for that
Last edited by redbag on Jan 1st, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Mar 3, 2015
437 posts
500 upvotes
King City
IDK why this is called a gaming mousepad. It's way too small to be practical for any game except maybe hearthstone.

It honestly irks me when companies market something as "gaming" without offering any "gaming" features.

EDIT: Also, mentions "for macbook" in the same sentence as "gaming"... I have a macbook and you can't game on it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
11871 posts
1658 upvotes
Toronto
meatwagon wrote: because when you are GAMING you typically use a much lower sensitivity, typically around 0.4-0.8 instead for 20. Airgo a larger mousepad is beneficial. Secondly you dont have to exaggerate with you silly statement, unless you have your mouse on 100x theres no way it moved 1440 pixels from an inch, if you game on sens 10, you are doing it wrong.. and yes this mousepad is tiny
Well, that's how I game, and I do just fine. I just happen to like high sensitivity. If you don't have as good wrist dexterity as me, then that's your problem.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I move 2560 pixels per inch. I just measured it, and it's exactly one inch. I use an Alienware TactX mouse on roughly 1800 DPI.
Sr. Member
Apr 6, 2017
837 posts
1302 upvotes
Btw I think it’s ergo. Rule of thumb. Try to use words you can spell.
Jr. Member
Jun 7, 2017
150 posts
118 upvotes
Jazzee01 wrote: Not sure if this is prime only but $9.59 & has good reviews
it has been down to 5.99 before

Happy New Year all
Any reviews with a massive amount of pictures like the ones for this one are 100% fake. When companies pay for reviews they ask the fake reviewers to post pictures.
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2006
598 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
board123 wrote: Well, that's how I game, and I do just fine. I just happen to like high sensitivity. If you don't have as good wrist dexterity as me, then that's your problem.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I move 2560 pixels per inch. I just measured it, and it's exactly one inch. I use an Alienware TactX mouse on roughly 1800 DPI.
so you are saying you can "game" with a 2x2in mousepad just fine? it has nothing to with wrist dexterity you are wrong and i am right, enjoy your oversize aluminum mousepad.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6869 posts
5782 upvotes
Burlington
lcmt wrote: If it is sold by Amazon, it is possible. However, this item is sold by marketplace sellers, so the chance is much lower.
not really, all the stuff that Amazon told me to keep were marketplace items. Most stuff sold by Amazon, they have either asked me to return for exchange or refund.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
10773 posts
1456 upvotes
Brampton
Dont buy it! I got it a few months ago for my new setup. The surface isnt smooth and will rub against the bottom of your mouse! If you already ordered it, return it! Trust me on this. Sure it looks really nice but its not practical!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.

Top