Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Workshop Garage Wall Mounted Shop Vacuum [$79.38]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2018 9:27 pm
Nov 15, 2016
15 posts
23 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Workshop Garage Wall Mounted Shop Vacuum [$79.38]

Terrific price for this wall shop vac. 3C says it's the Best Price. Looks really convenient for a shop and garage.

Update: Price increased to $79.38, still a good deal compared to history on 3C.
WS0500WM-lowprice-6m.JPG
Last edited by Armytage on Jan 19th, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
35 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
What the advantage of a wall mounted wet/dry vac over a portable similarly priced wet/dry vac with mostly 5-star reviews such as a Ridgid?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.60-l ... 63834.html
Last edited by SizzleChest on Jan 19th, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Oct 16, 2006
315 posts
334 upvotes
Waterloo
I can't comment much on the brand at all, but the wall mounted is nice because it saves alot of storage space and can be used from the wall or you can just lift it off the mount (it comes with a mounting bracket). Most vacs are large circular shaped and are hard to find a good place to store in a garage.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
According to their website, WORKSHOP is a subsidiary of Emerson which also owns Ridgid, I hadn't heard of them before, but maybe they're decent. I'd still prefer something I can move around though. Also, WORKSHOP vacs have a 5-year warranty. Ridgid vacs have a lifetime warranty.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Jan 19th, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
7 FEET!!!! wow where do you go with that.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
ispeedca wrote: 7 FEET!!!! wow where do you go with that.
1-7/8-inch expandable locking hose stretches from 2-foot to 7-foot for extended reach and convenient storage. It has a bleeder valve that allows suction control. The 14-foot x 1-7/8-inch locking hose extends reach and won't pull loose during use

The pic shows two hoses. Sounds like one is a standard 14' long piece, the other is an accordion/slinky style expandable from 2-7 feet. From my experience, these are convenient until they prematurely split from all the expansion/contraction. Still though, 14' should be sufficient for a standard two-car garage.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Jan 19th, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 5, 2010
643 posts
1034 upvotes
Ottawa
That Rigid Stor-N-Go is CA$145. A time machine is much more expensive.
E as in ewe, eye, eight
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, as others have said this is comparable to the Ridgid wall vacuum at Home Depot. Same manufacturer and quality, just different brand and warranty.

Ridgid filters and accessories will fit Workshop vacs too, and vice-versa.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
It's a stupid idea to tether your shop vac to a wall, save a little floor space and give up on so much flexibility.
Nov 30, 2008
256 posts
248 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
BinaryJay wrote: It's a stupid idea to tether your shop vac to a wall, save a little floor space and give up on so much flexibility.
Actually localised dust collection for stationary woodworking equipment is extremely sensible. I think these units could be perfect for that use.

Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
ispeedca wrote: 7 FEET!!!! wow where do you go with that.
Amazon Website wrote: This vac comes with two hoses that lock into place and won’t pull loose while you are cleaning. One hose is an ultra-flexible, kink-resistant hose that is expandable to 7’, but recoils to a compact 2’ length for convenient storage. Plus we include a 14’ locking hose for an extended reach. These hoses can be paired together for a total reach of 21’ and each hose is 1-7/8” in diameter to reduce clogging.
So 21 feet of reach just for the hose... plus the 20-foot power cord if you remove it from the wall.
Nov 30, 2008
256 posts
248 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
Thanks OP, I ordered one and the price was $63.01! Now seems to be climbing again, $67.65 right now.
Jan 4, 2017
94 posts
25 upvotes
Westmount, QC
solarfish wrote: Actually localised dust collection for stationary woodworking equipment is extremely sensible. I think these units could be perfect for that use.

Is that an Axial Glide you're collecting for with that baby vac? I extended the dust chute on mine with the chute from a Festool Kapex (bought from Lee Valley or Atlas Tools) and saw a huge improvement.

Also, I have several small vacs permanently set up with i-vac switches for that same reason, plus a couple of good ones (Bosch and Festool) for the serious work plus a 4' dust collector for the big tools
Nov 30, 2008
256 posts
248 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
Yes it is a 12" glider. I'm not sure what you mean by a chute from a Kapex, but I did extend the chute on this saw with some Gorilla tape and that is very effective. I have very little dust coming out of the front of the cabinet now. I was considering i-vac switches, but have opted instead for the vac and saw to be plugged in to a single switch extension block (one of these power stations) which also works well at lower cost and gives me some lighting in the hood.

Edit: Oh I see you mean buy a Kapex chute as a spare, I wasn't aware they were easily available, however my Gorilla tape mod is essentially doing the same thing.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
solarfish wrote: Actually localised dust collection for stationary woodworking equipment is extremely sensible. I think these units could be perfect for that use.
Surely you could just put a rolling vac on the floor beside your bench, or stick it into a cubby like this in the same way... and still have the option of taking it out and rolling it around as needed. It just seems like inflicting limitations to me otherwise?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1197 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Surely you could just put a rolling vac on the floor beside your bench, or stick it into a cubby like this in the same way... and still have the option of taking it out and rolling it around as needed. It just seems like inflicting limitations to me otherwise?
Why not have more than one shop vac? :)
Nov 30, 2008
256 posts
248 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
BinaryJay wrote: Surely you could just put a rolling vac on the floor beside your bench, or stick it into a cubby like this in the same way... and still have the option of taking it out and rolling it around as needed. It just seems like inflicting limitations to me otherwise?
The rolling ones, like the one I have here, have a load of additional pieces that need to be removed to make it fit into a reasonable sized cubby, thereby rendering them immobile anyway. They are also not easily wall mountable and often there is more wall space than floor space in a small garage/shop. I certainly do have rolling vacs that I use for more mobile tools or to actually vacuum the floor, but for stationary tools it is much easier I think to have a wall mounted unit like this.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Newpunk wrote: Why not have more than one shop vac? :)
I have too many ... And regularly feel badly that I don't give them enough to do. :(

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)