• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2021 3:56 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
356 posts
547 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Amazon.ca] Gardena Premium Metal Hose Connector Set - $27.99

Edit: This is apparently not an all metal set. The price is the same at Canadian Tire as indicated by other posts in this thread. I've cancelled my order and picked up the all metal set from Canadian Tire:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gard ... 7926p.html
Last edited by whoace on Apr 10th, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2029 posts
1243 upvotes
Kitchener
I ordered these in the past and only 2 were metal. Rest were plastic.

Also from reviews ppl had the same experience. "This set is listed as premium, but that applies only to the two metal fittings"

That being said the quality is still good but wanted to provide fyi

Also this one is comparable with this one at CT https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gard ... c=true#spc
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
356 posts
547 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
keyser-soze wrote: I ordered these in the past and only 2 were metal. Rest were plastic.

Also from reviews ppl had the same experience. "This set is listed as premium, but that applies only to the two metal fittings"

That being said the quality is still good but wanted to provide fyi

Also this one is comparable with this one at CT https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gard ... c=true#spc
Oh, no way! Cancelling my order then. Thanks for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4389 posts
1745 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Personally I’d stick to only metal ones. We had some plastic 2 years ago and as soon as you aren’t paying attention one time and pull by the attachment on your hose they snap. It takes a single second of not thinking and you break it. We did it a couple times now and then I went ahead and spent the extra to only have metal fittings. It’s worth it in the long run.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15145 posts
6538 upvotes
Ottawa
yeah the Gardena stuff is usually good quality (and you pay for it), but their stuff is mostly plastic with some metal parts (for their premium one)

They do sell brass versions but cost a lot more

https://www.costco.ca/gardena-accessory ... 64870.html

https://www.costco.ca/gardena-brass-tap ... 65079.html
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Jul 13, 2016
173 posts
283 upvotes
Lee Valley has the AquaStop connectors for $10/pair, or the solid brass connectors for $14/pair.

The solid brass Male connectors which you tend to need more of are available for $5.60 each (you'd get one for each additional nozzle/accessory/etc).

Seems like a lot but they're indestructible and OP's hot deal was 5pcs for $28 after all.

Princess Auto has the sets for $8.50 but they're not great quality. They have one single gasket to seal both the hose and the male end to the female coupler, so if you over- or under-tighten the hose it leaks. And if you put much radial force on them they leak regardless. But hey half price!
Last edited by soupmaster666 on Apr 10th, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2029 posts
1243 upvotes
Kitchener
whoace wrote: Oh, no way! Cancelling my order then. Thanks for the heads up.
Np!

the CT one you listed is the all metal could be a good option if you need them now.

I did not even know they had all brass ones. Will have to do some more research to see if they are worth it. Not enough reviews on the Costco site for me to make an informed decision
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2029 posts
1243 upvotes
Kitchener
soupmaster666 wrote: Lee Valley has the AquaStop connectors for $10/pair, or the solid brass connector set for $14/pair.

The solid brass Male connectors which you tend to need more of are available for $5.60.

Seems like a lot but they're indestructible and OP:s hot deal was 5pcs for $28 after all.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep this in mind!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2073 posts
256 upvotes
NB
Would these work on a sun joe pressure washer?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2029 posts
1243 upvotes
Kitchener
Colin0317 wrote: Would these work on a sun joe pressure washer?
That exactly how I use a pair of mine.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2168 posts
678 upvotes
Montreal
soupmaster666 wrote: Lee Valley has the AquaStop connectors for $10/pair, or the solid brass connectors for $14/pair.

The solid brass Male connectors which you tend to need more of are available for $5.60 each (you'd get one for each additional nozzle/accessory/etc).

Seems like a lot but they're indestructible and OP's hot deal was 5pcs for $28 after all.

Princess Auto has the sets for $8.50 but they're not great quality. They have one single gasket to seal both the hose and the male end to the female coupler, so if you over- or under-tighten the hose it leaks. And if you put much radial force on them they leak regardless. But hey half price!
Would you have a link to the product? The only AquaStop I found is plastic.
https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ga ... item=AL920
Sep 7, 2017
623 posts
481 upvotes
Have a bunch of Gardena stuff. Overrated and over priced. Only 1 year warranty and the stuff doesn’t last for the money you pay. Have quick connects both plastic and the metal, sprinklers, spray nozzles etc. the plastics will definitely fail on you and a surprising weak point on the spray nozzles especially. Have a quick connect pairing from a CT jobmate pressure washer that is probably 15+ years old that is still working and functioning while the Gardena ones are leaking and failing after 2-3 seasons. My 2 cents...

Thanks for the tip on Lee Valley... will check it out.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3321 posts
714 upvotes
What impact do these quick connectors have on flow and pressure given that the the diameter is smaller than the hose?
Nov 10, 2019
265 posts
185 upvotes
Bidjaan wrote: Have a bunch of Gardena stuff. Overrated and over priced. Only 1 year warranty and the stuff doesn’t last for the money you pay. Have quick connects both plastic and the metal, sprinklers, spray nozzles etc. the plastics will definitely fail on you and a surprising weak point on the spray nozzles especially. Have a quick connect pairing from a CT jobmate pressure washer that is probably 15+ years old that is still working and functioning while the Gardena ones are leaking and failing after 2-3 seasons. My 2 cents...

Thanks for the tip on Lee Valley... will check it out.
Same! Gardena brand is poop. Cheap plastics that break if you slightly over twist anything. Stay clear away!
Sep 1, 2008
383 posts
485 upvotes
Gardena stuffs have been good for me, even plastic ones. Don't expect them to be commercial/industrial grade. My previous Gardena water nozzle lasted 8 years. My plastic hose connectors typically last 4-5 years. That's better than most other brands that I've tried.
Jul 18, 2006
731 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Where do I get that in-hose connector pictured on the amazon link? I can't see to find out. Would be nice to run a 20 ft hose through my deck and connect that to another hose via that connector rather than lugging around a huge 100 ft hose.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1450 posts
208 upvotes
Burnaby
Anyone have any good hose recommendations to go with it?
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(