[Amazon.ca] Garmin Edge 530 - $326.35 [Deal Dead]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2020 10:27 am
[OP]
Oct 23, 2008
128 posts
142 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Edge 530 - $326.35 [Deal Dead]

Garmin Edge 530 price has dropped to $326 on Amazon.ca which is an all time low afaik. Almost $100 off! Cheaper than the GoodLife Fitness deal and any Black Friday deals this year.

Edit: Here's a detailed review for those that have questions about what this unit can do. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/04/gar ... eview.html
Last edited by Jomy on Dec 13th, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
55 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1174 posts
817 upvotes
My Gf has been looking for a bike computer, she's an avid mountain biker. Would this be a good buy for Xmas? Should I grab just the computer or the bundle?
Aug 12, 2011
225 posts
116 upvotes
NORTH YORK
paintballdude05 wrote: My Gf has been looking for a bike computer, she's an avid mountain biker. Would this be a good buy for Xmas? Should I grab just the computer or the bundle?
yes! this is a really good value bike computer. in terms of the bundle, the mountain bike bundle isn't discounted, so i'm assuming you are referring to the sensor one? if she doesn't have any sensors, i think it's pretty helpful to have.

that's a solid discount thanks. tempting.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1174 posts
817 upvotes
She has a speed sensor, I guess she'd be missing the case, mount, and remote. The case and mount seem inexpensive enough, the remote, not so much. I've purchased the bare computer for now.
Apr 13, 2006
15 posts
Vancouver
Great price. I’m in for the bundle. The base computer comes with mounts =)
Apr 12, 2007
300 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
anyone have recommendations for something without GPS? Mainly looking for speed and cadence. Not too worried about GPS
Nov 13, 2018
592 posts
1371 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote: My Gf has been looking for a bike computer, she's an avid mountain biker. Would this be a good buy for Xmas? Should I grab just the computer or the bundle?
This is great for MTB, it has MTB specific dynamics like Grit, Flow, and even counts your jumps!

Unreal price, Take the upvote OP.
Last edited by mikebmt on Dec 12th, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 14, 2018
98 posts
101 upvotes
Great price for the sensor bundle! Since I wanted the HRM and the speed/cadence sensors, it makes the 530 like $230.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2837 posts
666 upvotes
Ottawa
Act quick. This is a hot price for a really good GPS cycling computer.
Last edited by dux on Dec 12th, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3724 posts
5923 upvotes
Kitchener
Price and product type in title please.
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4814 posts
870 upvotes
paintballdude05 wrote: She has a speed sensor, I guess she'd be missing the case, mount, and remote. The case and mount seem inexpensive enough, the remote, not so much. I've purchased the bare computer for now.
I have the 530 MTB bundle. You don't need the remote. The mount, case and a screen protector is what you need. I've had a crash or 2 where the 530 flew right off. The safety strap kept it from flying away.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
May 20, 2007
16 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
paintballdude05 wrote: She has a speed sensor, I guess she'd be missing the case, mount, and remote. The case and mount seem inexpensive enough, the remote, not so much. I've purchased the bare computer for now.
Good call. The mount is bulky and I found it better on the bar using the o-rings. I now have my Edge 520+ mounted on my top tube. I never bothered with the remote. I ditched the case as well since it felt better pressing the buttons without it...felt a little mushy with it. I don't bother with a speed sensor, except on my road bike, as the Garmin unit is good enough for tracking speed on a MTB.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4814 posts
870 upvotes
Mookmeister wrote: Good call. The mount is bulky and I found it better on the bar using the o-rings. I now have my Edge 520+ mounted on my top tube. I never bothered with the remote. I ditched the case as well since it felt better pressing the buttons without it...felt a little mushy with it. I don't bother with a speed sensor, except on my road bike, as the Garmin unit is good enough for tracking speed on a MTB.
The mount is good because it allows me to keep the unit right above the steerer tube. This keeps it a little more protected as it's not out front on the bars.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Dec 24, 2017
246 posts
255 upvotes
Wish I could use one of these on my bike but can't leave anything expensive on my bike for more than a couple of minutes without it getting stolen in Vancouver.
Jul 2, 2003
572 posts
335 upvotes
GTA
Alexdubzz wrote: Wish I could use one of these on my bike but can't leave anything expensive on my bike for more than a couple of minutes without it getting stolen in Vancouver.
Don't leave your bike unattended?
May 30, 2013
439 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
I always wanted one, but the price of those "cycling computer" are too outrageous, $300 I can buy a decent phone for GPS.
May 20, 2007
16 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
bluetroll wrote: The mount is good because it allows me to keep the unit right above the steerer tube. This keeps it a little more protected as it's not out front on the bars.
I used a K-Edge stem mount for a few months but after having to replace the insert a couple of times after big crashes, I moved that over to my road bike. Personally, I think it makes for a cleaner cockpit.
Dec 15, 2017
75 posts
24 upvotes
Alexdubzz wrote: Wish I could use one of these on my bike but can't leave anything expensive on my bike for more than a couple of minutes without it getting stolen in Vancouver.

The mount is affixed to the bar and the computer itself can go on and off with a quarter turn