Garmin Fenix 6 Pro & Sapphire GPS Watch - $480ish

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2022 11:18 am
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
292 posts
1279 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Fenix 6 Pro & Sapphire GPS Watch - $480ish

Both the Fenix 6 Pro and Sapphire variants are on sale. $3 difference between both.

Fenix 6 Pro

Fenix 6 Sapphire

Appears to be all time low for a top-tier GPS watch. Scratch resistance on the Sapphire variant is next-level, otherwise they are practically the same.
Looking for features? The Garmin Fenix 6 Pro stands out for its immense storage and excellent selection of features. This is the watch to buy if you plan on getting deep into the backcountry and require ample battery life, navigational capabilities, and a song list to keep you going through the day. With access to the Google Connect community, you'll be flooded with feature options that might make your head spin. While this is a good option for those who need that functionality, many may not be able to stomach the price. Most athletes could probably get away with a lower-cost watch with about half the features and a similar amount of battery life. However, if you know you want features and excellent battery life, this is the one to buy.
15 replies
Sep 25, 2018
45 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
That is an excellent price. My Vivoactive 3 just won't quit and has almost all the same features... I wanna buy but it seems redundant.
Aug 16, 2009
694 posts
571 upvotes
Bit the bullet and snagged a 6X Sapphire for $588 last night to replace my 5X.
Oct 31, 2020
23 posts
37 upvotes
Good deal of 6 sapphire as its the lowest now in last 120 days. Unfortunately for 6 pro during BF it was 399.99. Upvoted. Thanks OP.
Jul 1, 2009
416 posts
82 upvotes
GTA
fenix 6 felt a bit on the heavy side compared to fenix 7 or any of the forerunner. i currently own forerunner 245 music and have been eyeing fenix7 or 955 or maybe 255 music. fenix7 is just too darn pricey, even for the non-sapphire/solar versions. fenix 6 aside from the weight - which fyi is a bother when doing long distance run having something as "heavy" on the arm - is also a bit old - 3 years. could be not as bad but then i wonder if that's a better deal or 955.

so folks who are more knowledgeable on the matter - what does fenix 6 pro have that 955 doesn't have that could be worthwhile for someone who runs and does some cardio. the eventual goal is to add swimming and cycling to that mix in the future.
May 10, 2015
295 posts
231 upvotes
Orillia, ON
awesome deal for the sapphire. I have the 6x sapphire, bought it used, but mint a couple months ago for $450, so still some savings, but new prices were significantly higher then.
Apr 12, 2007
479 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
XZerg wrote: fenix 6 felt a bit on the heavy side compared to fenix 7 or any of the forerunner. i currently own forerunner 245 music and have been eyeing fenix7 or 955 or maybe 255 music. fenix7 is just too darn pricey, even for the non-sapphire/solar versions. fenix 6 aside from the weight - which fyi is a bother when doing long distance run having something as "heavy" on the arm - is also a bit old - 3 years. could be not as bad but then i wonder if that's a better deal or 955.

so folks who are more knowledgeable on the matter - what does fenix 6 pro have that 955 doesn't have that could be worthwhile for someone who runs and does some cardio. the eventual goal is to add swimming and cycling to that mix in the future.
my understanding is the fenix series is more dressy and more productivity oriented vs the forerunner which is more a runners watch. I'm using a 245 music myself and only considered a fenix for maps.. but I might get the 955 instead. What are your reasons to not get the 955?
Aug 16, 2009
694 posts
571 upvotes
darkhero168 wrote: my understanding is the fenix series is more dressy and more productivity oriented vs the forerunner which is more a runners watch. I'm using a 245 music myself and only considered a fenix for maps.. but I might get the 955 instead. What are your reasons to not get the 955?
The Fenix is one of the least dressy (excluding the Instinct) and most geared to sport, activities and the outdoors of all the Garmin watches IMHO.
Built like a tank, full maps, tons of sport specific functions, etc
7S maybe a little on the dressier side I guess.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1323 posts
708 upvotes
I don't know much about the garmins,
but my samsung 46MM old watch is on its last legs.
would this be a comparable to this watch?
My main use is for running, also to have spotify music
to play offline. I also prefer a touchscreen.
Jul 1, 2009
416 posts
82 upvotes
GTA
darkhero168 wrote: my understanding is the fenix series is more dressy and more productivity oriented vs the forerunner which is more a runners watch. I'm using a 245 music myself and only considered a fenix for maps.. but I might get the 955 instead. What are your reasons to not get the 955?
i don't really need the maps as i would be focused on the run rather than looking for a route while running. i normally pre-plan my routes as well.
from the price perspective the 255 music looks good for my current activities (running and cardio; and now it also has altimeter). 955 has more activities it can track which can be good if i extend my activities - which i am looking to do. so just need to justify the extra $$$ for it over 255 music.
Feb 6, 2018
58 posts
59 upvotes
Victoria
For anyone that is looking to see the high level differences between the various watches in the Garmin line-up, here is a video from the Running Channel that goes through the options:
Feb 21, 2018
271 posts
271 upvotes
Alberta
Can't decide between this or Fenix 7 :)
Aug 16, 2009
694 posts
571 upvotes
CyprusTM wrote: Can't decide between this or Fenix 7 :)
I was in the same boat.
I went with the 6X Sapphire instead of the 7X.
I don't need the touch screen and couldn't justify almost double the price.

Just a heads up, Sporting Life has the 6X Pro Sapphire for $549.98 and 6 Pro for $479.98 if anyone is looking.
They also have free shipping over $99 if you want it shipped.
If you're a rewards member and have the December $50off in-store rewards coupon to use against the watch, that makes them one heck of a deal.

https://www.sportinglife.ca/en-CA/equip ... 24170.html
https://www.sportinglife.ca/en-CA/sale/ ... ?cgid=sale
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1993 posts
1861 upvotes
Switched from my VA3 to the 6pro on the BF deal. Initially I didn't know if I'd like the larger size but I don't notice it now. I hike, paddle, etc. No running