Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Garmin Varia RTL515 cycling radar tail light. $199.99. ATL.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2023 8:13 pm
Dec 14, 2007
670 posts
822 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Varia RTL515 cycling radar tail light. $199.99. ATL.

Garmin Varia RTL515, Cycling Rearview Radar with Tail Light, Visual and Audible Alerts for Vehicles Up to 153 Yards Away, one Color https://a.co/d/iK5BDgb

Same price from Garmin website as per Gabriella.
May be a better choice
Free shipping.
Last edited by freewheel on Mar 30th, 2023 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Still available at Garmin: https://www.garmin.com/en-CA/p/698001
86 replies
Nov 16, 2015
836 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can pair it with a garmin edge 530 which seems to be on sale for $330 at multiple retailers including amazon
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2549 posts
1011 upvotes
These are awesome for more rural roads. I turn the alert off in the city because it's constantly going off. Its a really solid light as well.

Works with all major head units, Garmin, Wahoo, Karoo.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Mar 8, 2004
755 posts
289 upvotes
Garmin has the radar light and with radar light with camera on sale as well for those that would rather buy direct and not from a reseller.

https://www.garmin.com/en-CA/p/698001

It’s a no brainer now. Get it for your safety.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5022 posts
2606 upvotes
Earth
Good price. I don't ride on the road without this.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1286 posts
1791 upvotes
Montr
Best gadget ever if you ride on country roads. Worth every penny and more
Nov 15, 2020
355 posts
405 upvotes
Gabriella wrote: Garmin has the radar light and with radar light with camera on sale as well for those that would rather buy direct and not from a reseller.

https://www.garmin.com/en-CA/p/698001

It’s a no brainer now. Get it for your safety.
That is great but man the regular price for this is kinda steep imo. Like they sell GoPro for these price, and this camera is not that great. I'd expect it to be around $300-$400.
Nov 15, 2020
355 posts
405 upvotes
"Ships from Canada and sold by La Boutique Du Lac."

Should I go for Garmin website instead, it seems like it is not sold by amazon?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3885 posts
3900 upvotes
GTA
Jonavin wrote: Good price. I don't ride on the road without this.
Agreed. Other than my helmet, it is the only other item that I will turn around to get if I forget it.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3885 posts
3900 upvotes
GTA
solasguitarra wrote: "Ships from Canada and sold by La Boutique Du Lac."

Cut out the middleman, go with the Garmin official site.
Mar 8, 2004
755 posts
289 upvotes
Yes agreed. I prefer to buy from Garmin.
Dec 26, 2007
6 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks op. Got one from Garmin site.
Jun 2, 2011
115 posts
212 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Reading reviews of this thing got me so excited that I bought it.
I don't even have a bike computer, what am I doing??
Nov 26, 2003
458 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
Genuine question here, I do a lot of riding in the city and the country. I almost always have a flashing red light on the back.
Other than alerting you to a car behind you, what would be the advantage of this unit? If you know a car is coming up behind you, and you are already riding on the side of the road, you don't really have anywhere to move to? Does this change your riding behaviour at all, or is it more for peace of mind? Genuinely curious.
Dec 14, 2007
670 posts
822 upvotes
boofi wrote: Genuine question here, I do a lot of riding in the city and the country. I almost always have a flashing red light on the back.
Other than alerting you to a car behind you, what would be the advantage of this unit? If you know a car is coming up behind you, and you are already riding on the side of the road, you don't really have anywhere to move to? Does this change your riding behaviour at all, or is it more for peace of mind? Genuinely curious.
If you always ride solo, and always ride as far right as possible, I guess this doesn’t help a lot. It’s invaluable if you occasionally drift farther left , or if you are riding in a group and and passing on the left of the rider in front of you. I have found it to be a great advantage riding in all situations. Very few negative reviews on this Best safety is a bright tail light and bright clothing.
May 8, 2018
243 posts
820 upvotes
solasguitarra wrote: "Ships from Canada and sold by La Boutique Du Lac."

I would also go with direct from Garmin as well but it's good to know that Boutique du Lac is a great little specialized running, cross country ski and bike shop located in Lac-Beauport near Quebec City.
May 8, 2018
243 posts
820 upvotes
So the cheaper light only works if you have a Garmin Edge? If not you need the more expensive one?
Dec 14, 2007
670 posts
822 upvotes
quebecrunbike wrote: So the cheaper light only works if you have a Garmin Edge? If not you need the more expensive one?
As far as I know they will both connect via an app to your phone. They will also connect to Garmin edge and wahoo bike computers. Not sure about others.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)