• Jul 29th, 2020 4:21 pm
[OP]
Jun 26, 2012
69 posts
42 upvotes
RICHMOND

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Venu smartwatch (Black, Silver) - $402.28

First time posting a deal.
Was looking for the Venu to drop to 399 like previous sales. Got notification that its $402.28 (close enough for me) for the black and silver version.
I think Mec have the Vivoactive 4 on sale as well, but I wanted the Venu :)
Cheers.
44 replies
May 6, 2020
48 posts
327 upvotes
Not sure if the app is still in beta but if you download the app optimity (previous called carrot app) you can get a 20%off one time code to buy off the main site.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200728-003858.png
  • Screenshot_20200728-003848.png
[OP]
Jun 26, 2012
69 posts
42 upvotes
RICHMOND
Jepboi wrote: Not sure if the app is still in beta but if you download the app optimity (previous called carrot app) you can get a 20%off one time code to buy off the main site.
Oh wow, did not know that! Damn I'll try to get invite a frnd for the 200 points. Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1292 posts
871 upvotes
canada
Warning - NO GARMIN data uploading and GPS locations available for the past week. They are being held hostage by a hacker lol

I’d avoid any deals
Jan 24, 2016
113 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thesick wrote: Warning - NO GARMIN data uploading and GPS locations available for the past week. They are being held hostage by a hacker lol

I’d avoid any deals
Service is starting to come back. As of yesterday I can sync all my activities.
Sep 24, 2018
150 posts
220 upvotes
Still needs ref code to signup but it looks like an interesting app, I had an invite code from previous. They have a few other offers available.

I've been able to sync my garmin data as of 2 days ago to connect.
Jepboi wrote: Not sure if the app is still in beta but if you download the app optimity (previous called carrot app) you can get a 20%off one time code to buy off the main site.
Feb 2, 2006
40 posts
29 upvotes
Windsor
If you're a GoodLife member, the is a discount of something like 20% when you long into the GoodLife membership website and shop online at Garmin's store.
Oct 15, 2015
106 posts
89 upvotes
St. Catharines
Perkopolis gets 20% off too. Bought the Venu a month ago.
Feb 13, 2016
698 posts
957 upvotes
thesick wrote: Warning - NO GARMIN data uploading and GPS locations available for the past week. They are being held hostage by a hacker lol

I’d avoid any deals
Service is back up and running. They were taken down by hackers they aren't the first or last. Great watches and highly recommend it.
Dec 18, 2019
17 posts
60 upvotes
Garmin Forerunner 645 music was on sale on amazon for $317 about a month ago. I'm sure this deal will appear again.

amazon-ca-lava-hot-garmin-forerunner-64 ... 9-2382909/

What's the difference between the forerunner 645 music and the Venu? Forerunner retails for higher than Venu.

Looking to pick up a garmin. Not sure if I should hold out for a forerunner sale or get the Venu.
Apr 29, 2007
864 posts
572 upvotes
Richmond Hill

I’d avoid any deals
It was only three days. And it seems back to normal as far as I can tell.
Last edited by fkl118 on Jul 28th, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1551 posts
1932 upvotes
YabutaTaro wrote: Garmin Forerunner 645 music was on sale on amazon for $317 about a month ago. I'm sure this deal will appear again.

amazon-ca-lava-hot-garmin-forerunner-64 ... 9-2382909/

What's the difference between the forerunner 645 music and the Venu? Forerunner retails for higher than Venu.

Looking to pick up a garmin. Not sure if I should hold out for a forerunner sale or get the Venu.
Forerunner if you're a hardcore runner. Venu if you run and do other activities or want a nicer screen. I personally have a Venu and love it.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2348 posts
5166 upvotes
Markham

I’d avoid any deals
Days? Are they refusing to pay the hackers or something? lol
Aug 13, 2011
511 posts
163 upvotes
I tried out the Venu for a week. Got it 40% off through work's manulife vitality discount.

The GPS function is amazing but other than that, the smartwatch functions are honestly lackluster. The animations are choppy, notifications did not sync to the standards I thought it would. As a Smart watch, it's miles behind the apple and samsung offerings.

Returned it afterwards, just offering my opinion.
Dec 26, 2012
591 posts
499 upvotes
Hamilton
Dave510 wrote: Days? Are they refusing to pay the hackers or something? lol
you should never pay the hackers as they'll just come back and it proves their system works. Because of this, it takes a long time (days) to get your service back. I believe it took the beer store 2 weeks back in march to restore their services.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2348 posts
5166 upvotes
Markham
Cowboy905 wrote: you should never pay the hackers as they'll just come back and it proves their system works. Because of this, it takes a long time (days) to get your service back. I believe it took the beer store 2 weeks back in march to restore their services.
They should always pay hackers unless they can resolve it themselves right away. Once you've been owned, you don't make a philosophical stand and screw up all your customers. Invest in better IT and security next time instead.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1922 posts
2464 upvotes
Did Garmin actually pay 10 million ransom?

Expecting price hike coming soon...

Bye bye Garmin.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Sep 4, 2015
74 posts
86 upvotes
Madden, AB
They have best in class GPS but their software, app, web, was always crappy. Hopefully this spurns them on to care more. Big time loss for them though.
Dec 26, 2012
591 posts
499 upvotes
Hamilton
Zephyranthes wrote: I tried out the Venu for a week. Got it 40% off through work's manulife vitality discount.

The GPS function is amazing but other than that, the smartwatch functions are honestly lackluster. The animations are choppy, notifications did not sync to the standards I thought it would. As a Smart watch, it's miles behind the apple and samsung offerings.

Returned it afterwards, just offering my opinion.
how was the music loading? was it easy to push your downloaded playlist to it? i'm looking for a GPS watch for my runs and this may allow me to leave my phone at home.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1911 posts
1776 upvotes
I have a Vivoactive 3. Hadn't worn a watch for 20yrs until I got it last year and now I wear it all the time. I use it to for hiking and biking tracking and upload to Strava. Garmin app works fine for me.

I had tried the Fenix 5 but it was too chunky to get me into wearing a watch all the time and too expensive to leave on the dresser.