• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2021 11:33 am
[OP]
Mar 27, 2012
782 posts
209 upvotes
Gotham

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Vivoactive 4 - 239.99 (50% OFF ATL) - Lighting Deal

Was looking to get a new smartwatch and this one looked great for the price.

- Has Garmin Pay (like Google/Apple Pay) (Look at Quote Below, ty MooseV2)
- Music
- Continuous Heart Rate Tracking
MooseV2 wrote: FYI Garmin Pay is next to useless in Canada. The only compatible cards are as follows:

ATB Financial: MASTERCARD
ATB: MASTERCARD
Brim Financial: MASTERCARD
Manulife Bank of Canada: VISA
U.S. Bank Canada: VISA

Amazon is having a sale on some Garmin watches.
The Venu SQ - White w/ Music is also 30% off - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08STTHCFC
Last edited by Bruce.W on Oct 25th, 2021 8:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
21 replies
Jun 18, 2016
686 posts
2016 upvotes
FYI Garmin Pay is next to useless in Canada. The only compatible cards are as follows:

Nov 17, 2010
42 posts
21 upvotes
Sensors are great. One charge is 2-4 days, depends on use and watch face. App is alright. Garmin Pay not working for most banks. Some say if you sync with Garmin Express on Windows, it can display Chinese characters.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1870 posts
1447 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: FYI Garmin Pay is next to useless in Canada. The only compatible cards are as follows:

TD Bank won't even support Google or Samsung Pay!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2297 posts
1255 upvotes
The Vivoactive line has been my goto, had the orginal and now on the 3...they are the right balance of functions, cost and materials used. Screen type isnt for everyone, but once you understand how it works, its great. Will buy another in a couple years
May 31, 2007
130 posts
100 upvotes
jakemtl wrote: TD Bank won't even support Google or Samsung Pay!
Actually. TD supports Samsung pay now.
Aug 8, 2012
116 posts
286 upvotes
Oh man... this is so tempting.

Being new to the fitness watch scene, I picked up an Instinct Solar, renewed condition on Amazon, because it comes with a 90-day unconditional return... figure I could really take it for a test drive before I decide this is for me. That's $350...

VA4 was the one I had set my eyes on (thanks Costco)... Now I am pondering if I should cancel the Instinct Solar and get this instead...

Would love to hear your opinions for the next 5 hours!

I run pretty frequently (5k on weekdays and 20k on weekends) and would love to not have to lug my phone around on my runs. The heart rate measure is a sweet bonus.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
21206 posts
6900 upvotes
I suspect the Vivo line is being discontinued, so you may a lot of places blowing out the 3 or the 4. 3 Was on sale at SDM for $180 as i recall. I have one as well as a Venu SQ which i also picked up some months ago from SDM. It's a nice watch...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5974 posts
4018 upvotes
First the Fenix 6 pro $400 off and now this at 50% off.

I'm hoping instinct solar is next. I would love 50% off that.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1670 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto
This was 149 at Costco while go
May 7, 2020
21 posts
21 upvotes
mikuo0628 wrote: Oh man... this is so tempting.

Being new to the fitness watch scene, I picked up an Instinct Solar, renewed condition on Amazon, because it comes with a 90-day unconditional return... figure I could really take it for a test drive before I decide this is for me. That's $350...

VA4 was the one I had set my eyes on (thanks Costco)... Now I am pondering if I should cancel the Instinct Solar and get this instead...

Would love to hear your opinions for the next 5 hours!

I run pretty frequently (5k on weekdays and 20k on weekends) and would love to not have to lug my phone around on my runs. The heart rate measure is a sweet bonus.
The battery life is unparalleled on the instinct. You're going to have to charge any other lines more often.

Thats all I can really say as I'm no expert. But I have a non solar instinct and the battery life blows my mind. I don't see much need for using the gps mode much, mine has lasted a few weeks per charge. I just love not having to plug it in every week or few days even.
Mar 2, 2015
163 posts
175 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
pretty sure it was the 3 (last gen), not the 4 (current gen)

cheapest price on the 4 at costco was 300
costco-garmin-vivoactive-4-smartwatch-2488564/

the 3 went down to as low as 100 at costco, which was a crazy hot deal
costco-garmin-vivoactive-3-99-97-2454718/

the 3 was on sale at costco many times, until it was discontinued
search.php?keywords=costco+vivoactive&t ... mit=Search

imo, as of now, this deal offers the best value in garmin watch, all things considered (music, oximeter, continuous hr monitoring, etc.)
ysl5710 wrote: This was 149 at Costco while go
Feb 15, 2010
26 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
decided to pull the trigger.
Currently using Forerunner 235 and if this watch will have the same type of battery length with more features, especially the music storage, then I'll be more then happy... the Garmin watches are by far the best!