Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca Black Friday

Garmin Vivoactive 4 at $239 (Amazon all time low)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2021 7:43 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 27, 2019
7 posts
22 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [Black Friday] Garmin Vivoactive 4 at $239 (Amazon all time low)

Lowest price ever for a Vivoactive 4 smartwatch by Garmin.

Great price for a running watch with music and garmin pay.

According to ccc its an ATL for the amazon.com page but I believe its an ATL for amazon.ca as well
12 replies
Newbie
Jul 17, 2011
99 posts
82 upvotes
This is a good deal, but for those that don't know the Vivoactive is more of an all arounder and uses a touchscreen. The Forerunners are more running specific and use buttons.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1976 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
is this better for cycling (outdoors/indoors) vs the forerunner?
Member
Jun 14, 2010
255 posts
84 upvotes
Was hoping for Fenix for myself, did buy this watch for my wife though. Thanks OP.
Sr. Member
Dec 14, 2007
606 posts
572 upvotes
Great watch and price. But as far as I know Garmin pay is supported nowhere in Canada.
Jr. Member
Sep 24, 2002
129 posts
11 upvotes
Nice, been waiting for this to go below 280. Don't think it'll go any lower until they release a new model of the Vivoactive (could be a while since they are pushing the Venu 2 now)
Newbie
Jul 17, 2011
99 posts
82 upvotes
DimsumDeals wrote: is this better for cycling (outdoors/indoors) vs the forerunner?
You can use them for casual cycling but I wouldn't bother if your half serious about riding. The heart rate for one would be inaccurate with your wrist bent at the handlebars and the wind etc...

Edge computers are for riding.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 14, 2006
3222 posts
316 upvotes
Montreal
vroom34 wrote: You can use them for casual cycling but I wouldn't bother if your half serious about riding. The heart rate for one would be inaccurate with your wrist bent at the handlebars and the wind etc...

Edge computers are for riding.
Agreed, casual cycling is fine.

Have this watch and FYI I have a Garmin Edge computer with all the possible sensors on my bike and usually the watch is pretty much spot on with my hearth rate strap numbers.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2013
906 posts
570 upvotes
Ahzuz wrote: Agreed, casual cycling is fine.

Have this watch and FYI I have a Garmin Edge computer with all the possible sensors on my bike and usually the watch is pretty much spot on with my hearth rate strap numbers.
I sold my edge 5 yrs ago to move to the vivoactive. I found myself not enjoying the ride and constantly staring at my screen to try my best to avg 30kmh.
Its an awesome watch now that they have music capability, I love thar I can go for a quick run and not have to carry a phone.

That being said... I really want a deal on a Garmin Varia rear radar. That would make me buy an edge.
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2013
642 posts
1083 upvotes
The Huawei GT2 Pro is much better deal on sale at $199 on costco.ca, has advanced fitness tracking + saphire + ceramic + titanium + two-week battery life. Looks very high-end where this Garmin looks like a toy.
Jr. Member
Jan 24, 2016
112 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
elideli wrote: The Huawei GT2 Pro is much better deal on sale at $199 on costco.ca, has advanced fitness tracking + saphire + ceramic + titanium + two-week battery life. Looks very high-end where this Garmin looks like a toy.
Huawei is a closed ecosystem. You can’t even export to Strava.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 14, 2006
3222 posts
316 upvotes
Montreal
AddictRC wrote: I sold my edge 5 yrs ago to move to the vivoactive. I found myself not enjoying the ride and constantly staring at my screen to try my best to avg 30kmh.
Its an awesome watch now that they have music capability, I love thar I can go for a quick run and not have to carry a phone.

That being said... I really want a deal on a Garmin Varia rear radar. That would make me buy an edge.
Sorry for late reply.

I have the Varia radar, bought it full price and don't regret it, it's a no-brainer,even full price.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz

Top