• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 6:46 pm
[OP]
Sep 19, 2010
89 posts
64 upvotes
vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Vivoactive 4 - $299

Lowest price according to the price tracker. I've been checking the price for a while now and it's a solid deal if anyone interested in a sports smartwatch.

Same price at Bestbuy, Costco, and Garmin as well.

I ended up getting Forerunner 645 though, personally I prefer hardware buttons rather than a touch screen
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 20th, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
18 replies
Aug 12, 2013
12 posts
7 upvotes
Scarborough
Best Buy, Costco and Garmin site are also listing this price. Unfortunately Perkopolis/SPC/Venngo codes do not stack.
Aug 30, 2015
727 posts
444 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
anyone know if the casing is plastic or metal? my wife has a vivoactive 3 music and the casing where you attach the bands broke down. We glued together with super glue but it's looking terrible and probably won't last. And the watch is only 14 months old.
Dec 17, 2018
258 posts
230 upvotes
Ottawa
pca1987 wrote: anyone know if the casing is plastic or metal? my wife has a vivoactive 3 music and the casing where you attach the bands broke down. We glued together with super glue but it's looking terrible and probably won't last. And the watch is only 14 months old.
The casing is plastic.

Today is your lucky day! This is a known issue and Garmin will replace the watch at no charge. Take a look here: https://support.garmin.com/en-CA/?faq=s ... bDiMbDuER9

I had this same problem.
Nov 26, 2003
336 posts
106 upvotes
Ottawa
Do any of you guys use this watch for swimming? Looking for something that can track laps in pool accurately.
Oct 23, 2019
11 posts
8 upvotes
Anyone have the 4s version? Is the offline music function good for runs with a Bluetooth earphones? I'm reading mixed reviews about that function online. This price seems fair.
Apr 20, 2018
117 posts
85 upvotes
Is this watch good for weightlifting? How about the integration with iPhone?
Aug 12, 2011
219 posts
108 upvotes
NORTH YORK
otowncrack wrote: Anyone have the 4s version? Is the offline music function good for runs with a Bluetooth earphones? I'm reading mixed reviews about that function online. This price seems fair.
i've been using it. love the watch, wish the offline music function was a bit easier to use. you'll need a premium service to use it (amazon, spotify, or doozer). will have to manually use the watch to download it vs flipping through an app.

https://support.garmin.com/en-CA/?faq=5 ... JrizPoeLKA
Aug 28, 2007
857 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this worth picking up over say a Vivofit 3 if I'm just looking at getting started with running?
Twitch: ForbiddenX
Dec 14, 2007
563 posts
428 upvotes
Aelanord wrote: Is this watch good for weightlifting? How about the integration with iPhone?
Way too light for weightlifting.

You’d have to do a million reps.
Nov 23, 2001
555 posts
112 upvotes
freewheel wrote:

Way too light for weightlifting.

You’d have to do a million reps.
I have to admit, the joke went over my head. Had to read it a few times to get it. Lol
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2285 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
snazarella wrote: The casing is plastic.

Today is your lucky day! This is a known issue and Garmin will replace the watch at no charge. Take a look here: https://support.garmin.com/en-CA/?faq=s ... bDiMbDuER9

I had this same problem.
What was the replacement sent? If they sent you the same won’t the problem repeat itself? Or did they send you the 4?
Dec 17, 2018
258 posts
230 upvotes
Ottawa
They replaced with the same model. The issue did not repeat while I owned it. I did upgrade to the 4s a few months later.
Dec 17, 2018
258 posts
230 upvotes
Ottawa
otowncrack wrote: Anyone have the 4s version? Is the offline music function good for runs with a Bluetooth earphones? I'm reading mixed reviews about that function online. This price seems fair.
I have the 4s with spotify and have not had any issues listening with my bluetooth headphones. Keep in mind that if you are an ultrarunner you will want to consider battery life as using the bluteooth and GPS is a double whammy on battery life. I never run for long than about 2 and a half hours, so I do not have any issues.