• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 11:17 am
[OP]
May 20, 2015
86 posts
53 upvotes
Surrey, BC

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Vivoactive 4s $349.99

This is the cheapest Vivoactive 4s I could find. I think this is a pretty good deal. Seems like eveywhere else is selling for $479.99.
35 replies
Mar 27, 2021
1 posts
8 upvotes
It goes down to $299.99 every now and then (three times since last black Friday)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1583 posts
1344 upvotes
zoomcool80 wrote: Maybe i'll wait a bit longer. How do you like the watch as a fitness tracker?
I have a 3, the 4s was for my wife to replace an old HR. The 3 and the 4s are great for what we use them for which is hiking, kayaking, canoeing, biking, etc. We're not runners so can't attest to that part. The sleep and daily activity tracking is good. I've downloaded a few different faces that I rotate through. We also sync to Strava for hikes and such. I'll move to a 4 when the price is better. I initially tried the large version of the 6 and it was too large for me although when I did that I hadn't worn a watch in 20 years so maybe that was part of it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22656 posts
17651 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Not intended to thread-crap but anyone who's considering a Vivoactive should also compare with the Garmin Instinct. This is especially true for those like @shadowsteve whose primary use is "hiking, kayaking, canoeing, biking, etc." The Instinct has been on sale for as little as $200 (in January, when I bought mine.) It's currently $250 on Amazon, Garmin Solar-Powered Rugged Outdoor Smartwatch. It was $220 a few days ago and fluctuates regularly so watch that space.

Compare: Garmin Vivoactive 4 vs Garmin Instinct

Vivoactive 4 versus Instinct?

P.S. MEC price matches AND offers their indefinite Rocksolid guarantee. If you're looking for a Garmin watch IMO they're the best retailer to buy from. They also carry a wide selection of models in their stores if you want to "touch and feel" before you buy.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 27, 2017
50 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone wants to buy Garnin product here is a 40% discount code

YOUR DISCOUNT CODE: MG40-RWYQNDHMVKL6
Valid for 90 days.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5695 posts
3767 upvotes
DVL9719 wrote: Anyone wants to buy Garnin product here is a 40% discount code

Valid for 90 days.
Anyone get this code to work? It says discount applied but no discount shows up
Feb 15, 2012
342 posts
235 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: Anyone get this code to work? It says discount applied but no discount shows up
That means the promo code has been used.
:)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22656 posts
17651 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

Valid for 90 days.
1. This looks like a one-use code.
2. In my past experience these discount codes apply only to regular-price merchandise at Garmin, i.e. not on sale items.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 21, 2018
22 posts
94 upvotes

Valid for 90 days.
Hey, how did you get the discount code?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1210 posts
625 upvotes

Valid for 90 days.
Where did this come from? I really hope someone used it on something that was worth it!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22656 posts
17651 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
A couple of sources for these discount codes are fitness apps like Optimity (was Carrot) as well as employee health programs like Manulife Vitality. I believe Goodlife Fitness also gives them out [but that may be for employees only.]

Then there's Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=garmin+ ... des+canada
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1583 posts
1344 upvotes
bylo wrote: Not intended to thread-crap but anyone who's considering a Vivoactive should also compare with the Garmin Instinct. This is especially true for those like @shadowsteve whose primary use is "hiking, kayaking, canoeing, biking, etc." The Instinct has been on sale for as little as $200 (in January, when I bought mine.) It's currently $250 on Amazon, Garmin Solar-Powered Rugged Outdoor Smartwatch. It was $220 a few days ago and fluctuates regularly so watch that space.

Compare: Garmin Vivoactive 4 vs Garmin Instinct

Vivoactive 4 versus Instinct?

P.S. MEC price matches AND offers their indefinite Rocksolid guarantee. If you're looking for a Garmin watch IMO they're the best retailer to buy from. They also carry a wide selection of models in their stores if you want to "touch and feel" before you buy.
I've looked at the Instinct in the past. I prefer the color display on the Vivoactive but I might get an Instinct to try it out.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
22656 posts
17651 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
shadowsteve wrote: I've looked at the Instinct in the past. I prefer the color display on the Vivoactive but I might get an Instinct to try it out.
One reason why Instinct is cheaper is the display is monochrome and lower resolution.

I switched to Instinct from an Amazfit Bip that has a colour display and higher resolution. Initially my concern was similar to yours, i.e. that the display on the Instinct would be a step down. Now that I've had the Instinct for several months I neither miss the Bip's display nor regret my decision to switch.

One thing I do miss: The Bip has one-month battery life on a charge (without GPS use.) The Instinct is half that (also without GPS use.) That means I have to recharge twice as often. And the Vivoactive has half the battery life of the Instinct.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
May 20, 2015
86 posts
53 upvotes
Surrey, BC
The Instinct looks great but too bad it is missing the PulseOX.
I totally agree if you hike a lot it make sense to get the Instinct.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2080 posts
4561 upvotes
Markham
Also pretty good deal to get a Venu at SDM during 20x promotion. If you redeem those points during a redemption you get a hell of a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5008 posts
3384 upvotes
Toronto and London
Dave510 wrote: Also pretty good deal to get a Venu at SDM during 20x promotion. If you redeem those points during a redemption you get a hell of a deal.
Only if SDM carried the new Venu 2.