• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 11:55 pm
[OP]
Jul 4, 2016
147 posts
264 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Garmin Vívoactive 3 Music GPS Smart Watch $244.99

Garmin 010-01985-01 Vívoactive 3 Music, GPS Smartwatch with Music Storage and Built-in Sports Apps, Black
Original price $349.99. I believe $244.99 is all time low.

Edit:
Also available at https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ga ... k/12927933 and https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/602068 for the same price, credit to user sunnycnm5.
Images
  • 51QV3YGI+BL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
  • 1.png
Last edited by iamdesperado on Aug 18th, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Nov 21, 2008
729 posts
199 upvotes
Thanks OP, just purchased.
Plan on using this for running, biking and some pool swimming. Hopefully it works well for these things.

Thought the MP3 feature was worth the $80+ premium over the regular Vivoactive 3.

EDIT:

Darnit - just saw its listed for the same price on the Garmin website at https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/602068
but I believe you can get 20% off on the garmin website making the deal much hotter.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
1557 posts
333 upvotes
sunnycnm5 wrote: Thanks OP, just purchased.
Plan on using this for running, biking and some pool swimming. Hopefully it works well for these things.

Thought the MP3 feature was worth the $80+ premium over the regular Vivoactive 3.

EDIT:

Darnit - just saw its listed for the same price on the Garmin website at https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/602068
but I believe you can get 20% off on the garmin website making the deal much hotter.
How to get extra 20% off on the garmin website?
Sep 24, 2018
110 posts
191 upvotes
Optimity app has a redeem code for 20% off. You'll need an invite though.

Edit:nvm it only applies to vivo, forerunner, fenix, Venu, Instinct and Index Smart Scale devices
saku wrote: How to get extra 20% off on the garmin website?
Jul 5, 2008
705 posts
411 upvotes
Music really shortens the battery life with GPS. For the 75$ I'll stick to my regular 3 and play the music off my phone. I have it on the bar when I'm biking anyway and in my pocket when hiking.
Nov 21, 2008
729 posts
199 upvotes
vuongt wrote: Optimity app has a redeem code for 20% off. You'll need an invite though.

Edit:nvm it only applies to vivo, forerunner, fenix, Venu, Instinct and Index Smart Scale devices
That makes me feel better then.

Can anyone with a Goodlife membership update what the Goodlife price is?

Garmin has 4% on ebates + free shipping, so I still think I'll cancel and order from them instead of Amazon (unless people think for warranty/support related reasons, its better to order through Amazon)
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1054 posts
559 upvotes
I believe the VA3 music was available for $199 around boxing week last year? And I think it hits that price at Costco occasionally?

So $249 doesn't seem that hot to me.

I'd also wonder if VA4 is worth the extra $150... It goes on sale for $399 now and then.

As for music feature on the VA3... Yes it drains batter life faster, believe you can still run a marathon with GPS and music for over 3 hours. Many people (myself included) don't like to run with the phone, but if that's not a problem for you then yes, you can save the money and the battery life.

As for Garmin connection question... Do you mean BT connection to the phone or the GPS connection? GPS's good, locks on and is accurate. BT connection to phone was iffy years ago but it's been fixed for many years now. I have a VA-Hr and I don't have BT connection problem (not with android anyways)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1872 posts
459 upvotes
sunnycnm5 wrote: That makes me feel better then.

Garmin has 4% on ebates + free shipping, so I still think I'll cancel and order from them instead of Amazon (unless people think for warranty/support related reasons, its better to order through Amazon)
It's $245.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1069 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
number17 wrote: As for Garmin connection question... Do you mean BT connection to the phone or the GPS connection? GPS's good, locks on and is accurate. BT connection to phone was iffy years ago but it's been fixed for many years now. I have a VA-Hr and I don't have BT connection problem (not with android anyways)
Sorry, I meant the social aspect. Finding friends on Garmin Connect. Seems like no one has a Garmin. Anyone have the zombie badge? :)

I have a Vivoactive 3 for over 2 years now and it's solid.

The Vivoactive 3 can be had for $199 these days.
Dec 26, 2012
213 posts
190 upvotes
TORONTO
ck1223 wrote: Sorry, I meant the social aspect. Finding friends on Garmin Connect. Seems like no one has a Garmin. Anyone have the zombie badge? :)

I have a Vivoactive 3 for over 2 years now and it's solid.

The Vivoactive 3 can be had for $199 these days.
I love the data on Garmin Connect but i don't have a lot of connections on there either but it pushes to strava and i have a ton on there.
Dec 26, 2012
213 posts
190 upvotes
TORONTO
thanks! just purchased. I've been looking for one with music as it's not fun putting my iphone plus into an armband.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1528 posts
497 upvotes
Can people elaborate on the music feature? Can I put offline Spotify music on it? Or only mp3s I own? Or some weird garmin music store?
May 25, 2007
32 posts
34 upvotes
on
vuongt wrote: Optimity app has a redeem code for 20% off. You'll need an invite though.

sunnycnm5 wrote: That makes me feel better then.

If this is similar to the Venngo 20% discount it always applies to the regular price, so sometimes it isn't better than the discount.
May 25, 2007
32 posts
34 upvotes
on
funnypanks wrote: Can people elaborate on the music feature? Can I put offline Spotify music on it? Or only mp3s I own? Or some weird garmin music store?
If you subscribe to a premium Spotify account you can put offline music on it.