• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2016 8:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 8, 2012
295 posts
107 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - $18.99

Lowest its ever been according to camel.

Also good PM opportunity
22 replies
May 25, 2009
441 posts
278 upvotes
Langley, BC
That's the price it should be. They should have remastered all 3 games.
Mar 26, 2012
323 posts
454 upvotes
Ottawa
Peacenutman wrote: That's the price it should be. They should have remastered all 3 games.
agreed, if they can do an anthology for Halo, they could have done a collection for GoW too
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1318 posts
910 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Just traded this in a week or so ago at EB, and I got $16.50 (towards a pre-order though)
Not bad if you want to play it, best it, trade it. Would cost you close to nothing.
Oct 5, 2012
115 posts
43 upvotes
OTTAWA
Looks like it's down to $19.99 at Bestbuy already, so minimal PM opportunity.
Dec 6, 2013
354 posts
289 upvotes
Montreal
I saw it for 19.99 at EB too. I got the game with my XB1 but don't enjoy it too much
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2009
1022 posts
131 upvotes
just because I haven't been paying attention...
this is a remastered version of, Just Gears 1 ?
with codes for all 4 games out so far on 360 ?
have I got that right?
As I thought it was all 4 games remastered.

thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9691 posts
3160 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
stulec52 wrote: just because I haven't been paying attention...
this is a remastered version of, Just Gears 1 ?
with codes for all 4 games out so far on 360 ?
have I got that right?
As I thought it was all 4 games remastered.

thanks
Have it but have not started playing yet. Comes with 1 remastered, others are no longer included. I believe it was a special that is already expired for other gears games.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3863 posts
1736 upvotes
Peacenutman wrote: That's the price it should be. They should have remastered all 3 games.
That'd be unrealistic given the work involved to remaster the game at the level they did.

The game came out initially with all the other games backwards compatible. But that promo has expired sadly.

I was interested in the game from a far ( having never played gears), but the game looks uninteresting to me and I would have possibly considered it had it been the whole collection available for the xbox one.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9691 posts
3160 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
halcyon wrote: That'd be unrealistic given the work involved to remaster the game at the level they did.

The game came out initially with all the other games backwards compatible. But that promo has expired sadly.

I was interested in the game from a far ( having never played gears), but the game looks uninteresting to me and I would have possibly considered it had it been the whole collection available for the xbox one.
All 3 uncharted games were remastered for ps4, come on 1 disk. I don't see any reason why it was not realistic. Moreover, why only 1 game is on disk as opposed to 3.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote: All 3 uncharted games were remastered for ps4, come on 1 disk. I don't see any reason why it was not realistic. Moreover, why only 1 game is on disk as opposed to 3.
This isn't just an up-rezzed version of Gears. According to this long Polygon article, they basically recreated a lot of the assets in Gears 1, including the cutscenes: http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/900569 ... ent-future.

They also added a previously unreleased (on console) chapter in the game, although I didn't think it was a very compelling addition.

The way I see it, the Coalition used the Ultimate Edition as a way to practice creating a Gears of War game in anticipation for Gears 4
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3863 posts
1736 upvotes
Andro wrote: All 3 uncharted games were remastered for ps4, come on 1 disk. I don't see any reason why it was not realistic. Moreover, why only 1 game is on disk as opposed to 3.
This was borderline remake. They re-did the assets as oppose to just increasing the resolution/framerate as they did with uncharted. The screen shots of the previous game vs this current edition are not nearly the same game.

Uncharted was just making the game run at a higher resolution and higher framerate for the most part. They may have had better lighting and major characters may have had improved models.

But I agree, that I wish this was the full collection as oppose to just one game.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14317 posts
4812 upvotes
Toronto
+1

This is tempting, but I just bought the Halo Masterchief Collection for 15 bucks which offers WAY more value for money.

Will wait for a 10 dollar price point on this GoW remaster, I'm sure it's coming soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4768 posts
3276 upvotes
Guys... You know, Gears of War is not a good game at all.
Oct 6, 2010
447 posts
269 upvotes
London
WL1980 wrote: Guys... You know, Gears of War is not a good game at all.
Damn, I thought I was enjoying this game but now that you've said it's not good, I guess I didn't really enjoy it.
Jan 7, 2009
78 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
radiantviper wrote: damn, i thought i was enjoying this game but now that you've said it's not good, i guess i didn't really enjoy it.
lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Bang!
RadiantViper wrote: Damn, I thought I was enjoying this game but now that you've said it's not good, I guess I didn't really enjoy it.
BOOM!!!

You Sir......are a GOD!!!

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
Define "good"...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1