• Jul 17th, 2019 2:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1139 posts
862 upvotes
Hongcouver

[Amazon Canada] Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Springform Loaf Pan - $14.46

Instant Pot makes some of the best Cheesecakes, Banana Loafs and other desserts and I have become obsessed with their Silicone springform products since I got the $89.99 Instant Pot from Bestbuy couple months ago.

I have become my mom's favorite again since I brought her my new Cheesecake that I made with my Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Springform Cake Pan and I have had this springform loaf pan in my wishlist for the last 2 months as it is sold out at the Instant Pot store and it was $26 at amazon.ca. It finally went on sale today and back closer to what it used to sell for, and it is currently on sale for $14.46 (new historic low). It is almost half price verses what it was a few days ago.

I have the steam tray and the cake pan, and I would totally vague for their product as they are really quality built and the cake pan is still going strong after 10+ use (maybe I need to lay off the cheesecake.....). They are extremely easy to clean, it can turn any newbie baker/steamer/pressure cooker/instant potter into a pro once you find the right recipe. I am a single guy who struggle to cook and eat healthy at home, and I am now a changed man. I have lost 15 pounds doing the Keto Instant Pot diet and I am actually motivated to cook (I should work for an infomercial company).

Genuine Instant Pot Silicone Springform Loaf Pan
Review from: https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-mus ... cessories/
This silicone loaf pan is one of ther few rectangular pans for the Instant Pot. I find it works well for things that are not entirely liquid, such as meatloaf.
For things that are runnier than that, the pan leaks unless you either cover with parchment paper on the inside, or cover with foil on the outside. Also, don’t do what I did, which is try to broil in this pan too close to the heat source. It melts under direct high heat.

Reminder: A lot of people including myself ask the same question, rather this will fit Instant Pots. This IS MADE for the 6qt Instant Pot and it can also be used in the 8qt instant pot in all models. this is genuine, made and sold by Instant Pot and both Instant Pot Silicone Springform Loaf Pan and Cake Pan can ALSO BE USED IN A REGULAR BAKING OVEN up to 450F. The bottom is made out of glass, and you can serve it directly from the glass bottom after removing the Spring Form.

Anyways, to those that could benefit from this, hope this helps, and I am still watching for the cake pan to go on sale again.

Happy Hunting.
Don't forget to use GCR or ebates for the rebate as well!!

Edit: Changed link as one user said there is something wrong with it??!?!?
Edit2: Put price on Title

Edit3 - 2019/07/11 0814 PST: It was out of stock but now back in stock again for $14.50 (4 cents more) and they have changed the shipping time to 3 days free shipping for prime members (probably because they ran out of stocks on the Canadian website)
Last edited by DealPanda on Jul 11th, 2019 11:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
87 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3455 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto and London
Any dessert and savoury recipes please?
May 8, 2010
18 posts
3 upvotes
Victoria
Adding the product from your link added a registry with your name on it and I cant remove it. Now im on the line with Amazon Support.

CAUTION ON THIS LINK
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9601 posts
4344 upvotes
i have the cake pan and its really good.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1139 posts
862 upvotes
Hongcouver
Okay.... This is the weirdest moment of my RFD Life...... I never thought anyone would ask me for recipes.....

Basically, these are in my own words, I made about 12 Cheesecakes so far (I swear to god I only ate like 1/4 of each one I made) and I have tweak it quite a bit. I will post a separate one below for a Chicken recipe that I am playing around with as well.

To begin with, I looked at multiple websites, but the best one was from a guy called "Twin City Adventures". You can find his Cheesecake video on Youtube (he does step by step, which is perfect for idiots like me):

IMPORTANT: This is for 6qt and 8qt Instant Pot only.

The Crust:

1 pkg Graham Crackers (I buy the no-name brand, and there are two packages in each box. I use one package so half box)
1/4 tsp salt
4 Tbsp melted butter (I have started using 6 Tbsp, as the crumbs doesn't stick)
2 tsp brown sugar (I have started using 4 tsp, also to help with the crumbs sticking better)

1. Crush Graham Crackers (I use a ninja blender)
2. toss in salt and brown sugar
3. melt 4 Tbsp of butter (or as explained on top, throw in 6 Tbsp)
4. Mix the ingredient with a whisk and ensure it feels like wet sand
5. Put the ingredient in the pan (might have to spray oil or use tin foil if not using the Instant Pot glass and silicone springform)
6. Pressure the mix with a cup to ensure it is stuffed into the pan (really pack it in)
7. Put pan into freezer for at least 15 minutes (I freeze it for an hour)

The Cake:

16oz (2xpackage) of cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar *(For Keto diet, use keto friendly powder sugar, and only use 1/3 cup - I find they taste about the same)
2 Tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Large Eggs

1. Put cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds, then put into mixing bowl (FYI, Safeway Cream cheese is cheaper and same results verses Philly Cream cheese, but they also sell 3 packs at Costco for 8 bucks I believe)
2. Add in sugar, corn startch, salt, vanilla extract, and sour cream
3. Crack and beat the eggs then pour into the ingredient
4. Mix the ingredient with a whisk, make sure there are no visible chunks
5. Take crust pan out of freezer, and pour the mix on top of the crust
6. Put the pan into the Instant Pot on a trivet and add one cup of water to the Instant Pot
7. Close lid, turn pressure valve to close
8. Push "Pressure Cook", turn off "Keep Warm" (should not have light), set timer to 28 minutes
9. The Instant Pot will warm up and it will show "ON" on the display. Once the water is ready it will automatically turn to timer
10. Once the 28 minutes is over, set personal timer to 10 minutes and leave cake and valve alone.
11. Once the 10 minutes is completed, open the valve on the instant pot
12. Once the pressure is released, open the instant pot lid
13. Remove the cake from the instant pot by taking out the trivet
14. Take kitchen towel and soak the water out of the cake pan top (especially the sides)
15. Put the cake into the freezer (at least 15 minutes)

The Toppings:

1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp sugar

1. Put sour cream and 2 Tbsp of sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk the two ingredient
2. Take the cake out of the freezer and spread the topping evenly on top of the cake
3. Put the cake back into the fridge

Minimum of 4 hours of chilling time
Best results to have cake chill over night in fridge

Some people prefer a smaller crust, I love a big crust like this recipe...... If you want to make a smaller crust, use half package of Graham Cracker only, but do not cut the recipe. Still put in the same amount of butter, brown sugar and salt.

ALSO - For people with 3qt Instant Pot, this is not for you. For people with 8qt, no change, and you are still putting in 1 cup of water into the instant pot for the pressure cook, do not add more water.

For People on Keto Diet, you may substitute Keto friendly sugar, but about 1/4 of the portion for the actual cake (instead of 2/3 cup sugar)

For people that doesn't like the cake too sweet, I personally have started cutting the sugar portion. I now use 1/3 cup of sugar instead of 2/3 cup of sugar for the cake portion.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert, I just grew interest and started experimenting...... sorry if your cake doesn't turn out great.

-Panda
Last edited by DealPanda on Jul 11th, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CheapBuddy wrote:
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1139 posts
862 upvotes
Hongcouver
cky wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:34 pm
Adding the product from your link added a registry with your name on it and I cant remove it. Now im on the line with Amazon Support.

CAUTION ON THIS LINK
I didn't know there are names attached on links, and I don't know what type of registry you are talking about, but I have logged out and copy and paste a new generic link to the page.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LZ5TFGB/ref ... UTF8&psc=1

I don't even know if there is any differences.... but hope that helps? I changed it in original post as well.
Last edited by DealPanda on Jul 10th, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheapBuddy wrote:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1139 posts
862 upvotes
Hongcouver
This is one that I will try once the Loaf Pan arrives:

Instant Pot Banana Bread (From www.allshecooks.com)

Ingredients

• ½ cup butter, melted
• ½ cup sugar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 3 bananas
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt

Instructions
1.Blend together butter and sugars, eggs, heavy cream and vanilla extract in blender.
2.Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together and pour in the blended mixture.
3.Spoon in to a 2 to 3-quart soufflé dish or mold (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) that will fit into your Instant Pot.
4.Place a small trivet (or fashion a little “ring” from aluminum foil) in the Instant Pot, add 1 ½ cups of water, and then place the baking dish on the trivet.
5.Close lid and set valve to sealing. Set on a manual high pressure cooking time of 60 minutes.
6.Allow for a natural pressure release for 15 minutes, and then let the rest of the pressure out if there is any remaining. Use hot pads and the trivet handles to lift the cake dish out of the pressure cooker and set on a wire rack to cool.
7.Once the cake has cooled, it should easily release onto a plate for serving.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Jul 7, 2018
56 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
That's interesting, I had the instant pot for a while and i did not know it can make dessert (I've never used the cake button). Does it perform better than traditional ovens (faster bake time)?
Jul 14, 2008
750 posts
861 upvotes
Montreal
You can bake with an IP?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16788 posts
22893 upvotes
ONTARIO
Joymax wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:57 pm
That's interesting, I had the instant pot for a while and i did not know it can make dessert (I've never used the cake button). Does it perform better than traditional ovens (faster bake time)?
I have just made box cake in the IP (betty crocker, duncan hines, etc). Comes out fine but the texture is way different compared to a baked cake. It's crazy moist in the IP. Not that that is technically a bad thing though. I like it. I did not find it was any faster than the oven.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3176 posts
1004 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone done brownies in the IP?

Does it save the raw gooey middle problem?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1139 posts
862 upvotes
Hongcouver
Joymax wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:57 pm
Jonick wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 5:02 pm
You can bake with an IP?
It is not baking, it is pressure cooker. It is not going to come out crispy. So most of the recipe are going to be cheesecakes, sponge cakes, bread cakes...etc. I am actually quite surprise with what it can do.

I have tried Muffins (low carb ones) from Instant Pot and I didn't like them at all. Muffins should have that crispy top part, which cannot be done in an Instant Pot. I prefer some stuff in oven instead. That being said, there are a lot of recipe that are done in the instant pot, then a very short period of time in the oven, for example, Muffins, or ribs. I am going to try a rib recipe that takes 12 min in an instant pot and then 8 minutes in the oven, and the meat is supposed to slide right off the bone......
CheapBuddy wrote:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1139 posts
862 upvotes
Hongcouver
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 5:27 pm
Anyone done brownies in the IP?

Does it save the raw gooey middle problem?
Oh god... just found this.....
https://pipingpotcurry.com/instant-pot-brownies/

This is not good..... It looks too easy to make hahahaha
CheapBuddy wrote:
Jun 1, 2002
506 posts
50 upvotes
Is there really a benefit of using an Instant Pot over baking these items? The most time consuming factor to me has always been clean up which using the Instant Pot doesn’t help with either.

With that said, making your own cheesecake tastes way better than the majority of store bought ones and is much cheaper too!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

jbig17