Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Germ Guardian CDAP5500BCA 28” 4-in-1 WiFi & Bluetooth Smart Voice Control Air Purifier for Home - $128.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2019 12:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3308 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Germ Guardian CDAP5500BCA 28” 4-in-1 WiFi & Bluetooth Smart Voice Control Air Purifier for Home - $128.99

Historical low with $15 coupon, can be controlled with app to show air quality and schedule on/off

ImageImage

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0753J8J5Z/?co ... _lig_dp_it
6 replies
Nov 1, 2013
232 posts
107 upvotes
Costco doesn't have wifi or Bluetooth in it
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2851 posts
3186 upvotes
wow wonder if I should just refuse package for the levoit one that's not wifi and get this company since the filter must be easier to get.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5861 posts
259 upvotes
Quebec
Truly an awful app. I may be returning the entire device due to the "smart" experience. Very shady attempts at collecting everyone's data. Ads in the app for a paid product. And lack of compatibility and automation. Inexcusable.

>Must have internet access to work - Why? I should be able to control it within my own network, from app, from Google Home, and from IFTTT. This device and app should not have any connection to the company's servers.
>Forced to create account - Should not be needed for such a simple product.
>Requires location services - What? Don't force this on people. It isn't needed for the job.

To top it off, the app doesn't even work or stay connected after that! Amazing how hard they dropped the ball on this one.
i am concerned
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3308 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Speedy1 wrote:
Coscto sells this one in the warehouse for $139.99. I have not looked into it in detail to see which one is better.
https://www.amazon.ca/GermGuardian-Puri ... B00OLBR084
This is the 5500 series and costco is the 5350 series. This one as mentioned above has wifi/bluetooth for smart capabilities. it also has a screen at the top of the machine for real-time read out of air quality level (e.g. 16 ppm) whereas the costco one only has a timer function. Good thing is that filters are readily available at costco.
fakishan wrote: i am concerned
to be honest, all smart products ask for the same thing. I have another brand with wifi that I bought for $200+ and it even asks for more permissions, I just don't grant them yet it still works,.. I think the main value proposition of this product is its ability to detect air quality level and automatically turn up/down the fan when necessary, especially needed if one lives in a dusty condo. Most good wifi-enabled air purifiers go in the $200 range from what I have observed.