• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2017 11:54 am
[OP]
Jan 30, 2016
159 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo

[Amazon.ca] Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer

This is a nice little germ killing lamp, it has a small fan pushing air through it while the shielded UV-C light bulb inside is shining through the air.
I have this in our washroom 24/7 for more than a year, not only does it survived the humidity, it definitely makes a difference to keep it from being smelly. (Our washroom has no windows)

I first bought one on November 12, 2015 from order history, and I paid $49.98, so now it is quite a bit cheaper.
I just bought another 5 (yes a lot) and plugging them over the house and some will also be in the office.

*note that this thing is a bit noisy and can be annoying if you use it at where you or your family tend to stay for an extended period like living room or bedroom; I found it to be perfect for kitchen and washroom.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4965 posts
3080 upvotes
Always been curious about this thing. I think there's a newer model with a box form -- not sure how it differs.
Also, you apparently have to replace the bulb periodically? -- http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/repla ... 5076p.html

Says
"Lasts for approximately 5,000 hours
Replace every 8-10 months, depending on use"
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1039 posts
352 upvotes
It's been this price since February. I have been on the fence about buying it for a few months but I may have to just buy one to try. I have a larger germguardian air filter with UV-C for my bedroom that I love.

For anyone in the market for a plugin UV-C santizer, Costco has a 2 pack of the newer black version (which i prefer the look of) for $79.99
Your text to link here...
[OP]
Jan 30, 2016
159 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
For the box form, I actually bought it together with the rotatable one around the same time, using in the Kitchen.
https://www.amazon.ca/Guardian-GG1100W- ... 30&sr=1-20

The main difference is that it has an USB socket for charging your phone, not really useful for me. What I didn't like however is that it no longer supports different orientations; you can only plug it up straight.
as this thing is pretty big, not being able to adjust the orientation can be an issue for some tight corners.

Regarding the life of the bulb, I haven't been able to evaluate it, but I can still see the blow glow after 1.5 year of continuous operations, which I would say pretty good.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1639 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Does the round one have a light? I would prefer no light.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2016
159 posts
155 upvotes
Waterloo
They are unfortunately the for these models as an indicator. In most cases, it shouldn't matter as you probably want to avoid it to sit at where you sleep or relax.
May 8, 2002
819 posts
152 upvotes
The thing keeps odours at bay in my kitchen and is built like a rock. I dropped it on the floor (ceramic tile) and it is still working perfectly after replacing the broken bulb. The blue light and fan noise is minimal IMHO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)