Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

GermGuardian 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier System $102 - Lightning deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2016 4:35 pm
Dec 24, 2014
324 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] GermGuardian 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier System $102 - Lightning deal

Lightning deal and the lowest price ever (according to the 3 camels). 1,000+ reviews on Amazon.com. I've never used it before but given its popularity and the sweetened deal, decided to try it out.

Note that there is a smaller version too, but is now more expensive than this one.
28 replies
Jan 4, 2006
263 posts
273 upvotes
GTA
Anyone knows how this one compares to one at Costco?

Fellowes® AeraMax™ 100 True HEPA Air Purifier:
http://www.costco.ca/Fellowes®-AeraMax™ ... 38156.html

Sale Price $119.99 after $40 discount
Sharing is caring!

Telus Small Business subscriber 100GB CAN-US Plan
CC: Rogers World Elite, AmEx Marriott, TD Aeroplan, Triangle WE, Costco MC
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
Dang it, I had just bought this on the weekend with the GC I bought from the Amex promo (and $10 offer on top) and now it's on its way. I thought Amazon might give me a credit/adjustment for the $20 or so difference, but doesn't look like they do that. Not going to go through the hassle of returning it as something is bound to get screwed up/invalidated with the GC/$10 promo (plus there was another item in the same order). Great deal!
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
ARP511 wrote: Anyone knows how this one compares to one at Costco?

I saw that one as well, did not look into all the details regarding filtration but one major difference is that the Fellowes one is for rooms up to 100 sq ft. whereas this one is meant for regular to larger-sized rooms.
Sep 14, 2015
145 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I have this product sitting next to me and I can tell you that it made a noticeable difference to the air after only a day, Warning though it is noisy so I just run it on medium 24/7, or run it on high while not in the room.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does this have an "auto" mode like the Sharp units that will automatically increase/decrease the intensity of the fan depending on how "dirty" the air is?

For example, if someone farts, the Sharp units will automatically switch from low to high speed within a few seconds.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Dec 4, 2013
52 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. been looking at this for a few weeks now, glad to see this sale.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
I dont notice a difference in air quality per se but i do notice a plastic smell after prolonged use. the smell is similar to a brand new motherboard, that electronic in an anti-static bag smell
Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Does this have an "auto" mode like the Sharp units that will automatically increase/decrease the intensity of the fan depending on how "dirty" the air is?

For example, if someone farts, the Sharp units will automatically switch from low to high speed within a few seconds.
No, this one doesn't have the auto mode. I had the sharp one in the past and I really like that auto feature. I bought this one in July and it is louder than the sharp one, so watch out for that.
Jul 10, 2012
299 posts
287 upvotes
TORONTO
I think this was around 89 bucks last year maybe wait for boxing day?
Jun 15, 2011
22 posts
GTA
I think it was even cheaper at 79! I wish i had picked it up then... I'm going to keep waiting Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1601 posts
473 upvotes
i bought this on friday seeing as there was no price drop for black friday... and it arrived yesterday
spoke to amazon, and they can't do price adjustments, so i opted to do a refund and rebuying it

my thoughts on using it for half a day:

there's 3 speeds only, low med high
my ears are pretty sensitive, at low it was pretty audible, but not annoying
High is pretty much a hairdryer, would not use this unless i left it on to do out
med is inbetween

my room has an odor to it if i keep my door closed
when open the door for 15 mins or so, it clears the air to a 'neutral' fresh/clear smell
to test, i had the unit on low and keep my door shut
when i went back in, my room smelled different (not a bad smell, but not a good one too)
i've had it on for ~8 hours to see if anything changed and it's still giving off the same smell
anyone know if this is normal or it just needs a longer 'break in' time
Nov 22, 2015
129 posts
130 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: I dont notice a difference in air quality per se but i do notice a plastic smell after prolonged use. the smell is similar to a brand new motherboard, that electronic in an anti-static bag smell
It took a few days for that smell to go away for me, but from the amazon reviews, some units have that problem worse than others.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Skyspark wrote: It took a few days for that smell to go away for me, but from the amazon reviews, some units have that problem worse than others.
when i first got it, i ran it outside for over an hour, maybe even closer to 3 i forgot. I have it for over a year, still has that smell. though I like that smell :)
Dec 12, 2001
824 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
noelzelda wrote: I think it was even cheaper at 79! I wish i had picked it up then... I'm going to keep waiting Disappointed But Relieved Face
Nope...

Price Tracking

RFD is blocking the link to the price tracking site, but the lowest this unit has ever sold on Amazon for since 2009 is $110. You may be thinking of a cheaper model as I believe there are a few of them from this company.
For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
Dec 24, 2014
324 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ARP511 wrote: Anyone knows how this one compares to one at Costco?

What I like about this GermGuardian is that you can easily buy filters on Amazon, which is a big plus as prices tend to be more competitive than other brands (I own a Bionaire and it's a hassle and expensive trying to buy from their site only). Read one of the reviews for that Cosco model and one person was complaining about this.
Jan 4, 2006
263 posts
273 upvotes
GTA
you mean you have the one which is on Amazon?
Sharing is caring!

Telus Small Business subscriber 100GB CAN-US Plan
CC: Rogers World Elite, AmEx Marriott, TD Aeroplan, Triangle WE, Costco MC
Dec 24, 2014
324 posts
668 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ARP511 wrote: you mean you have the one which is on Amazon?
I just bought this GermGuardian to replace my Bionaire (which I bought years ago from Costco)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Yes, it was only $78.83 during 2016 Prime Day sale. CCC won't show any lightning deal.
illusion81 wrote: Nope...

[url=http://ca.***************.com/GermGuardian-Purifier-Sanitizer-Reduction-28-Inch/product/B002KMILVG?context=browse]Price Tracking[/url]

RFD is blocking the link to the price tracking site, but the lowest this unit has ever sold on Amazon for since 2009 is $110. You may be thinking of a cheaper model as I believe there are a few of them from this company.
Last edited by lcmt on Nov 29th, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)