Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Get $12 Amazon Credit for Backing Up Your Photos [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1962 posts
1065 upvotes
cfrank73 wrote: Last I looked, it simply wasn't as smart as Google Photos, so for that reason, I dropped it.

I can't recall for sure, but I don't think it pulled location meta data, or didn't recognize people well or some such.

With Google Photos, I can search for "Chris Frank in a suit" And it'll show me all the times I played grownup and changed out of jeans.
is there face recognition on google photos and subscription fee of any kind? TIA

i am giving amazon pics a try.. not fully committed yet. i am already have amazon prime and home eco system (Alexia), soul and privacy already owned by Bezo.

got this email offer with an expiry date that past a few months ago.. no issue getting a $12 credit = ) YMMV

reminder T and C highlights:
*Terms and Conditions
Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) September 30, 2021.
• Offer only applies to eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload at least one photo through the Amazon Photos app for the first time.
• Customers who were forwarded this offer from parties other than Amazon may not be eligible for this offer.
• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within 7 days confirming when the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account with instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
• Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) October 15, 2021.
• Offer only applies to an order over $30 of products and digital content sold by Amazon.ca or Amazon.com Services LLC or Amazon Services International, Inc. (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" or "sold by Amazon.com Services LLC " or "sold by Amazon Services International, Inc." on the product or content detail page) and all eBooks made available through Amazon.ca. Products and digital content sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.ca" or "Prime Eligible".
• Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com Services LLC and Amazon Services International, Inc.
• Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
• Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
• Offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Offer limited to one per customer and account.
• The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $12.
• This offer is available to eligible Prime members only.
• This offer is not available to Prime trial members.
• Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
• Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Content must be in a recognizable file type. Uploads that are not in a recognizable file type will not be eligible for the promotion.
• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Oct 2, 2011
599 posts
574 upvotes
London
wakka2u wrote: is there face recognition on google photos and subscription fee of any kind? TIA
No costs for the face recognition.

it's just automagical. it works *pretty* well.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4687 posts
6031 upvotes
GTA
What's the subject line in Amazon email?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1962 posts
1065 upvotes
Kfox wrote: What's the subject line in Amazon email?
for me it was Your $12 Amazon credit and unused Prime benefit

message..
Keep your photos safe! Get a $12 Amazon credit when you start backing up with Amazon Photos. Start using your free, unlimited photo storage benefit included with Prime.

Amazon Photos can auto-save photos on your phone in full-resolution so you never lose a single, precious moment. Offer valid through July 31.