Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Get 6 months of Disney+ with Amazon music unlimted for $7.99(prime) or $9.99(non-prime)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 12:23 pm
[OP]
Member
Jun 2, 2020
209 posts
1709 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Get 6 months of Disney+ with Amazon music unlimted for $7.99(prime) or $9.99(non-prime)

GET UP TO 6 MONTHS OF DISNEY+ included with Amazon Music Unlimited

6 months of Disney plus for first time Amazon music Unlimted subscriber
3 months for current subscribers

Amazon music subscription - $7.99/mo for prime members 9.99$ for non-prime

https://www.amazon.ca/music/amazon-musi ... -promotion

T&C:
This offer of 6 months of Disney+ on us for new Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers and 3 months of Disney+ on us for current and former Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers is a limited time offer available with eligible Amazon Music Unlimited plans. Current subscribers to Disney+ are not eligible

Edit:
As mentioned by @Sam2127

1. Signed up for Amazon Music unlimited and got charged $8.87 (prime member)

2. Was automatically redirected to Disney+ account page that had 6 months trial code promo and signed up for a new account. Entered the credit card information and once the sign-up was completed, went back and cancelled and got a free trial for 6 months until Dec 29th.

3. Canceled Amazon music unlimited

Basically, got one-month amazon music unlimited + 6 months Disney + for $8.87

That’s 6 months of free Disney + with total a savings of $76.26 on Disney +.
Last edited by RFDSimon on Jun 29th, 2021 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated link
386 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2005
1650 posts
931 upvotes
Seems like an odd thing for Amazon to give away. I figured it'd want to pitch its own video service.
Member
Dec 20, 2018
433 posts
646 upvotes
I think they are realistic about not being on Disney's level. If they get people stuck on something they are objectively more competitive in versus Spotify and Apple Music, etc. Being more competitive doesn't mean being the leader for those keeping score at home.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2005
3123 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
"Current subscribers to Disney+ are not eligible."

Boo.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2005
3123 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
Does it say how long you have to be a subscribe to their music service? If not, what's keeping you from signing up and cancelling, right after you redeem the free 6 months?
[OP]
Member
Jun 2, 2020
209 posts
1709 upvotes
input wrote: Does it say how long you have to be a subscribe to their music service? If not, what's keeping you from signing up and cancelling, right after you redeem the free 6 months?

Your Disney+ promotional subscription will remain active for the duration of the offer unless your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription is cancelled during the promotional period.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2005
3123 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
TuringM73725 wrote: Your Disney+ promotional subscription will remain active for the duration of the offer unless your Amazon Music Unlimited subscription is cancelled during the promotional period.
Got it.

It doesn't seem like you're saving that much money then (in my opinion), not unless you're really looking forward to using Amazon Music. Paying $7.99 or $9.99 a month is about the same as what you would normally pay if you were to sign up for a whole year of Disney+ in advance.
[OP]
Member
Jun 2, 2020
209 posts
1709 upvotes
input wrote: Got it.

It doesn't seem like you're saving that much money then (in my opinion), not unless you're really looking forward to using Amazon Music. Paying $7.99 or $9.99 a month is about the same as what you would normally pay if you were to sign up for a whole year of Disney+ in advance.

1. $47.94 = Amazon music + Disney+ (6 months)
2. $119.99 = Disney+ One year

If you are subscribing to Disney+ for 1 year with option 1. 47.94 + 71.94 = $119.88.

Why not go for option 1 where you are getting 6 months of Amazon music?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2005
3123 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
TuringM73725 wrote: 1. $47.94 = Amazon music + Disney+ (6 months)
2. $119.99 = Disney+ One year

If you are subscribing to Disney+ for 1 year with option 1. 47.94 + 71.94 = $119.88.

Why not go for option 1 where you are getting 6 months of Amazon music?
In order to use Amazon Music Unlimited (this is different from the Amazon Music that's included for free with Amazon Prime), you have to pay $7.99, on top of the $7.99 you have to pay for Amazon Prime. That's $15.98 a month.

$15.98 x 6 = $95.88 (This includes 6 months of free Disney+)

To get a whole year of Disney+ with this calculation, it comes out to $95.88 + $71.94 (This includes the other six months of Disney+) = $167.82

I'm currently not paying for Amazon Prime, so it doesn't make sense to me.
Newbie
Feb 14, 2021
27 posts
99 upvotes
Is it possible to pay for Disney+ from iTunes GC balance?
Apple cards go 10-15% off at Costco from time to time.
Home Trust Visa also offers 15% cashback on D+

This deal is great as a month-to-month sub. Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14934 posts
4517 upvotes
input wrote: In order to use Amazon Music Unlimited (this is different from the Amazon Music that's included for free with Amazon Prime), you have to pay $7.99, on top of the $7.99 you have to pay for Amazon Prime. That's $15.98 a month.

$15.98 x 6 = $95.88 (This includes 6 months of free Disney+)

To get a whole year of Disney+ with this calculation, it comes out to $95.88 + $71.94 (This includes the other six months of Disney+) = $167.82

I'm currently not paying for Amazon Prime, so it doesn't make sense to me.
Then you have to include Prime with the second option.

1. 6 months of Disney, Prime, and Music:
$8x6 + $8x8 = 48+64 = $112
2. 6 months of Disney and Prime:
$8x8 + $12x6 = 64+72 = $136
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 23, 2005
3123 posts
782 upvotes
Mississauga
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Then you have to include Prime with the second option.

1. 6 months of Disney, Prime, and Music:
$8x6 + $8x8 = 48+64 = $112
2. 6 months of Disney and Prime:
$8x8 + $12x6 = 64+72 = $136
Amazon Music Unlimited is $7.99 (with an existing Amazon Prime subscription) or $9.99 without one.

I don't know how you came up with the calculation for Option 1 (which has Amazon Prime, Amazon Music Unlimited, 6 months of free Disney+ and 6 months of paid Disney+) because it should cost $167.82

x = 7.99 (Amazon Prime)
y = 7.99 (Amazon Prime Music Unlimited)
x + y = 15.98

15.98 * 6 months = 95.88 (This includes the first free six months of Disney+)

11.99 (Regular monthly Disney+ price) * 6 = 71.94 (This covers the last six months of Disney+)

95.88 + 71.94 = 167.82

Option 2 would be to pay for Amazon Music Unlimited on its own for $9.99 a month. This would bring the calculation down to $131.88 for a whole year of Disney+.

I still think paying $119 upfront for Disney+ is the best option. Combined that with Rakuten.ca for a $12.50 rebate, then it comes out to $106.50 (or $8.875 a month). Buying Disney+ directly from their website is tax-free as well (based on my own experience).
Last edited by input on Jun 28th, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 19, 2013
2128 posts
1520 upvotes
Ottawa
MaximumParsimony wrote: Is it possible to pay for Disney+ from iTunes GC balance?
Apple cards go 10-15% off at Costco from time to time.
Home Trust Visa also offers 15% cashback on D+

This deal is great as a month-to-month sub. Thanks OP!
So far, they do accept direct payments from the stores but they could stop accepting those method of payments at any time though.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2016
187 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
umm activated unlimited Music from Amazon for one month and claimed 3 months disney after then, cancelled disney & music and they will stop renewing after 3 months & a month respectively as per the account details in the both the services. Thanks OP!
😱-Deals!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2015
940 posts
820 upvotes
Mooooonnn
ShashankP890465 wrote: umm activated unlimited Music from Amazon for one month and claimed 3 months disney after then, cancelled disney & music and they will stop renewing after 3 months & a month respectively as per the account details in the both the services. Thanks OP!
So we can cancel both service immediately and keep it until promo expires (6 or 3months?)
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Jr. Member
Jul 17, 2019
149 posts
305 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was able to redeem 6 months of Disney+.

1. Signed up for Amazon Music unlimited and got charged $8.87 (prime member)

2. Was automatically redirected to Disney+ account page that had 6 months trial code promo and signed up for a new account. Entered the credit card information and once the sign up was completed, went back and canceled and got free trial for 6 months until Dec 29th.

3. Canceled Amazon music unlimited

Basically, got one month amazon music unlimited + 6 months Disney + for $8.87

That’s 6 months of free Disney + with total a savings of $76.26 on Disney +.
Images
  • F63A39B5-57E9-4F03-9031-E4136996A9C3.jpeg
Jr. Member
Jul 17, 2019
149 posts
305 upvotes
anshiren wrote: So we can cancel both service immediately and keep it until promo expires (6 or 3months?)
Yes it worked for me as mentioned in my post
[OP]
Member
Jun 2, 2020
209 posts
1709 upvotes
Sam2127 wrote: Thanks OP. I was able to redeem 6 months of Disney+.

1. Signed up for Amazon Music unlimited and got charged $8.87 (prime member)

2. Was automatically redirected to Disney+ account page that had 6 months trial code promo and signed up for a new account. Entered the credit card information and once the sign up was completed, went back and canceled and got free trial for 6 months until Dec 29th.

3. Canceled Amazon music unlimited

Basically, got one month amazon music unlimited + 6 months Disney + for $8.87

That’s 6 months of free Disney + with total a savings of $76.26 on Disney +.
That's cool!! Gonna edit this page.
Newbie
Jun 9, 2015
29 posts
112 upvotes
Ottawa
Can we get the promo/get Amazon music unlimited for the $8 price point if we're on Amazon prime trial?

Top