Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Get an $8 Amazon credit when you purchase $25 of Cottonelle products

[OP]
Aug 8, 2020
49 posts
132 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Get an $8 Amazon credit when you purchase $25 of Cottonelle products

Your $8 Amazon 4-Star+ Store credit offer

This offer is only valid for customers located and with a billing address in Canada who purchased at least $25.00 of eligible Cottonelle products sold by Amazon.ca in one transaction until 11:59 PM (EST) December 31, 2022.
Images
  • heroBannerDesktopImageFile_20220802.jpg
22 replies
Jan 8, 2019
185 posts
585 upvotes
Please note, regardless of how they are advertised, there really aren’t any “flushable” wipes. I mean, sure, anything can be “flushable.” You can flush a garbage bag if you try hard enough. But it won’t be good on your pipes, or city pipes, or nice to sanitation workers. Please don’t flush these wipes, only toilet paper and the stuff that goes with it!

That said, not a bad deal, extra credit is always nice, so upvoted thread.
Nov 23, 2011
767 posts
818 upvotes
West GTA
sleepyhound wrote: Please note, regardless of how they are advertised, there really aren’t any “flushable” wipes. I mean, sure, anything can be “flushable.” You can flush a garbage bag if you try hard enough. But it won’t be good on your pipes, or city pipes, or nice to sanitation workers. Please don’t flush these wipes, only toilet paper and the stuff that goes with it!
I been flushin these wipes for 5+ years in this house - it may catch up to me one day, but a clean ass is worth it.
Aug 22, 2012
729 posts
1104 upvotes
mickman wrote: I been flushin these wipes for 5+ years in this house - it may catch up to me one day, but a clean ass is worth it.
Get a bidet

Not just you, everyone. Use less TP, have a clean ass, never waste money on 'flushable' wipes

Win/Win/Win
Jul 13, 2020
207 posts
627 upvotes
Enforcer22 wrote: Get a bidet

Not just you, everyone. Use less TP, have a clean ass, never waste money on 'flushable' wipes

Win/Win/Win
Totally agreed. Bidet is much more better than buying wipes..
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2247 posts
873 upvotes
Scarborough

Win/Win/Win
Don't forget the environment too

Win/win/win/win
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14575 posts
31462 upvotes
mickman wrote: I been flushin these wipes for 5+ years in this house - it may catch up to me one day, but a clean ass is worth it.
mickman wrote:
I been flushin these wipes for 5+ years in this house - it may catch up to me one day, but a clean ass is worth it.
SquadG wrote: Your city hates you.
Plumbers love it . They pay for cottage by the lake .
Dec 20, 2019
651 posts
2682 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
supremekai wrote: Don't forget the environment too

Win/win/win/win
Environment? What's that and why should I care? As long as my ass is clean and everything is nice and convienent for me, let the future generation and plumbers deal with it /S
Last edited by Patrickpete on Sep 27th, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 9, 2022
29 posts
26 upvotes
Still expensive compare to Costco...Smiling Face With Horns
Nov 13, 2017
231 posts
484 upvotes
Vancouver
sleepyhound wrote: Please note, regardless of how they are advertised, there really aren’t any “flushable” wipes. I mean, sure, anything can be “flushable.” You can flush a garbage bag if you try hard enough. But it won’t be good on your pipes, or city pipes, or nice to sanitation workers. Please don’t flush these wipes, only toilet paper and the stuff that goes with it!

That said, not a bad deal, extra credit is always nice, so upvoted thread.
Noob question, what is the difference between wipes and toilet paper?
Nov 13, 2017
231 posts
484 upvotes
Vancouver

Win/Win/Win
My sister refuses to use bidet because she told me that female h*les are too close to each other. Can any female RFD confirm this is an issue?
Jan 8, 2019
185 posts
585 upvotes
RosalynG779926 wrote: Noob question, what is the difference between wipes and toilet paper?
Never a noob question if you want to learn something! Generally speaking, wet wipes, and even "flushable" wipes, are a much thicker fabric and weaved differently in order to feel softer and retain some of the water they use to clean, so they will not break down as easily or at all when flushed. Toilet paper on the other hand is much more, for lack of a better word, "dissolvable" while travelling and over time will break down in the sewer system, creating less clogs and water pollution, whereas wipes, including "flushable" brands, either break down much slower or not at all and can cause clogs not only in your local pipes but also throughout city sewer and water infrastructure as they build up over time and cause other waste to not flow as effectively. This does not need to be a complete clog causing absolutely no water to flow through to cause damage. Even if a thicker wipe that does not break down gets stuck somewhere in a pipe blocking some of the water flow, over time materials will build up behind it that cannot be flushed through the system properly, causing larger and larger clogs that will eventually block all water flow, and also potentially damaging the pipe they are building up against reducing the lifetime of the overall system.

I've nothing against using wipes over toilet paper (personally I use a bidet and generally only need one or two squares of TP to dry off after), but if you are to use wipes please keep a small trash can next to your toilet to throw them out in once done instead of flushing them. Not only will it be better for your personal wastewater system, but also better for public infrastructure overall.

EDIT:

To reply to your second question:
RosalynG779926 wrote: My sister refuses to use bidet because she told me that female h*les are too close to each other. Can any female RFD confirm this is an issue?
I'm male, but my wife uses our bidets as well and we have both options, toilet seat mounted and side mounted nozzle.

Depending on the bidet you have, some are much like a nozzle that mounts to the side of the toilet and can be handled like a shower head, so you can aim it where needed and adjust the pressure as necessary to avoid the risk of unwanted material in unwanted places. Others that are mounted to the toilet generally just need to you adjust on the seat for the proper position before cleaning. There are some seat mounted bidets as well that have two separate nozzles, one for general use and one for "female wash" which aims a bit more forward to avoid, let's say, "cross contamination." Generally speaking though, even if the pressure were high enough to get unwanted material in unwanted places, I wouldn't personally say it's strong enough to force any material "up" where it's unwanted, so a quick wash and a wipe should clean everything away as needed. I'd say it's unlikely that a bidet would cause this issue as it's still cleaning while it's spraying, so a better option overall than just wiping IMO.
Jun 21, 2007
978 posts
220 upvotes
Milton, ON
When my kids were young we used similar flushable wipes and we were flushing them down the toilet. These things take a long time to break down and will just pile up if one of them gets caught on something.

The plumbing call to clear the clog was very expensive. Lesson learned. These wipes should not be allowed to be called flushable.
Mar 23, 2004
151 posts
167 upvotes
TORONTO
At the current prices, this is a cold deal. Quick comparison:

Cottonelle Ultra Clean 1-ply:
24 rolls x 388 sheets/roll = 9312 sheets
$31.34 - $3 S&S coupon - $8 credit = $20.34

PC Super Soft Club Pack 2-ply:
30 rolls x 404 sheets/roll = 12120 sheets
Regular price $19.99 with frequent sales
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2247 posts
873 upvotes
Scarborough
Patrickpete wrote: Environment? What's that and why should I care? As long as my ass is clean and everything is nice and convienent for me, let the future generation and plumbers deal with it /S
Don't forget the tax money it cost to clear the sewers.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3077 posts
3426 upvotes
Montreal
MentalAnarchy wrote: At the current prices, this is a cold deal. Quick comparison:

Cottonelle Ultra Clean 1-ply:
24 rolls x 388 sheets/roll = 9312 sheets
$31.34 - $3 S&S coupon - $8 credit = $20.34

PC Super Soft Club Pack 2-ply:
30 rolls x 404 sheets/roll = 12120 sheets
Regular price $19.99 with frequent sales
Can often be had for between $10 and $12. Most often 12 but was $10 in June here in QC. In this inflation world, I stacked so much TP , I've spent the savings making shelves lol.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8351 posts
8577 upvotes
The problem is they don't often cause problems in the house, but they most certainly cause problems in the city sewers and in treatment plants. Plus what a huge environmental waste.

Get a bidet seat, FAR more effective and FAR less wasteful than flushable wipes. You can score one for less than $100, probably the amount you pay for wipes in less than a year.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8351 posts
8577 upvotes
RosalynG779926 wrote: Noob question, what is the difference between wipes and toilet paper?
Toilet paper breaks down very quickly.

Flushable wipes don't.
Nov 21, 2014
50 posts
47 upvotes
Vimont, QC
Here a video about those "flushable" wipes. 3:30 shows what can happen to the public sewers.