Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/Micro ATX/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Motherboard) $78.87

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 1:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4215 posts
9617 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Amazon.ca] Gigabyte B450M DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/Micro ATX/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Motherboard) $78.87

For those who miss the Canada Computers deal at $69.99

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (AMD Ryzen AM4/Micro ATX/M.2/HMDI/DVI/USB 3.1/DDR4/Motherboard) $78.87

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FWVJSHC

AM4 Socket: Supports AMD Ryzen™ 5000 series / Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series/ 3rd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™/ 1st Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ 1st Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B4 ... v-1x/sp#sp
Thread Summary
Looking for different specs? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best motherboards for gaming!
48 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
Only 7 units left, so I ordered one. I'll wait for the answers having secured my order.
Jun 16, 2019
228 posts
504 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Doesn't need to do the BIOS thing right?
redflagdealsguy wrote: If it's no BIOS update, I'm in.
Im assuming you're asking for Zen3
As long as you don't get old stock it should work out of the box. If it's on an older BIOS firmware revision then you're screwed because this motherboard doesn't have a BIOS flashback feature which allows you to flash a new BIOS without needing any components.

If you receive an older BIOS that hasn't supported Zen3 your options are to return, go to a shop, request a loaner from AMD, or find someone with an older Ryzen lying around.

Edit: Also this is a low tier mobo. I hope anyone considering buying this is buying it for some HTPC or office PC or something. Aorus Elite for $125 was hot. This is definitely not.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
Michnig wrote: Im assuming you're asking for Zen3
As long as you don't get old stock it should work out of the box. If it's on an older BIOS firmware revision then you're screwed because this motherboard doesn't have a BIOS flashback feature which allows you to flash a new BIOS without needing any components.

If you receive an older BIOS that hasn't supported Zen3 your options are to return, go to a shop, request a loaner from AMD, or find someone with an older Ryzen lying around.

Edit: Also this is a low tier mobo. I hope anyone considering buying this is buying it for some HTPC or office PC or something. Aorus Elite for $125 was hot. This is definitely not.
This seems like a fine choice for 5600X to 5800X rigs.

Why the hate?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1886 upvotes
Scarborough

It's a decent enough mobo to hold the cpu, a gpu, ram and the ssd. What else do you need out of a mobo? Everything else is fancy stuff.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: It's a decent enough mobo to hold the cpu, a gpu, ram and the ssd. What else do you need out of a mobo? Everything else is fancy stuff.
This guy gets it.

We aren't OC'ing to the moon.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
Does Amazon Flash BIOS for free? How do you know which BIOS it comes with? Does it compatibles with 3200G, 5600G, 5600X ?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes

This seems like a fine choice for 5600X to 5800X rigs.

Why the hate?
Aug 19, 2011
110 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Got it for $79.99 in Dec, worked out of box with ryzen 5 3400g, excellent budget MB.
Jun 16, 2019
228 posts
504 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This seems like a fine choice for 5600X to 5800X rigs.

Why the hate?
blaznazn22 wrote: It's a decent enough mobo to hold the cpu, a gpu, ram and the ssd. What else do you need out of a mobo? Everything else is fancy stuff.
If this is your mentality (and that's completely fine) then yeah, that's fine. Not everybody needs $200+ mobos.

Regarding your question though, there's a number of reasons to pay more if you need the added features that this board doesn't provide
OC or even high end CPU at stock, more than 2 fan ports without needing a splitter, better onboard audio (this one is Realtek ALC887) so you don't get hissing/static in your headphones, 2.5GbE in the future?, more than 3 audio jacks, a 2nd m.2 slot, an m.2 heatsink, m.2 E slot, debug LEDs, and BIOS flashback

All these features can be had at $125 for the B550 Aorus Elite from yesterday/2days ago. The $100 after MIR Asrock B550 Phantom 4 AC is also a decent step up from this, not sure if it's still on sale.
Wasn't even hating, I literally said this isn't hot. It literally isn't hot, it's regular price. Look at the Gigabyte B450M DS3H version 2 that's selling for $2 more.

Edit: Forgot the obvious one. PCIe Gen 4
Last edited by Michnig on Aug 10th, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 16, 2019
228 posts
504 upvotes
frugal69 wrote: Does Amazon Flash BIOS for free? How do you know which BIOS it comes with? Does it compatibles with 3200G, 5600G, 5600X ?
Amazon does not flash the BIOS for you.
You can look at the serial number on the box somewhere but most likely it's on a white sticker directly on the motherboard. Might be worth it to Google what it'll look like in serial number format as some manufacturers make it very easy to recognize, and some are a bit more obscure

According to this 3200G requires F40, 5600G, F61, and 5600X F60. F60 released in April and F61 released like last week so it's extremely unlikely these will work out of the box without requiring a BIOS update, which will be annoying because this board does not have Gigabyte's Q-FLASH
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1886 upvotes
Scarborough
Michnig wrote: If this is your mentality (and that's completely fine) then yeah, that's fine. Not everybody needs $200+ mobos.

Regarding your question though, there's a number of reasons to pay more if you need the added features that this board doesn't provide
OC or even high end CPU at stock, more than 2 fan ports without needing a splitter, better onboard audio (this one is Realtek ALC887) so you don't get hissing/static in your headphones, 2.5GbE in the future?, more than 3 audio jacks, a 2nd m.2 slot, an m.2 heatsink, m.2 E slot, debug LEDs, and BIOS flashback

All these features can be had at $125 for the B550 Aorus Elite from yesterday/2days ago. The $100 after MIR Asrock B550 Phantom 4 AC is also a decent step up from this, not sure if it's still on sale.
Wasn't even hating, I literally said this isn't hot. It literally isn't hot, it's regular price. Look at the Gigabyte B450M DS3H version 2 that's selling for $2 more.

Edit: Forgot the obvious one. PCIe Gen 4
To be frank overclocking is a gimmick for most people. Back in the day when the pentium 3s were stock 667mhz, and you could overclock it to like 800mhz, that actually meant something. Nowadays most cpus already have a boost feature to oc straight up to 5ghz automatically. These amd cpus are super efficient 65 watt parts, use about as much power as your light bulb and I don't imagine it will put out much heat. You might be able to turbo permanently and keep the heat low enough without touching any voltage in the bios using just a simple fan. I mean its a 65 watt part, which is insane.

Why do you need more than 1 m2 slot? You can use sata ssd or pci e too if you want. I don't get the point of 3 audio jacks either. But whatever, to each his own.
Jun 16, 2019
228 posts
504 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: To be frank overclocking is a gimmick for most people. Back in the day when the pentium 3s were stock 667mhz, and you could overclock it to like 800mhz, that actually meant something. Nowadays most cpus already have a boost feature to oc straight up to 5ghz automatically. These amd cpus are super efficient 65 watt parts, use about as much power as your light bulb and I don't imagine it will put out much heat. You might be able to turbo permanently and keep the heat low enough without touching any voltage in the bios using just a simple fan. I mean its a 65 watt part, which is insane.

Why do you need more than 1 m2 slot? You can use sata ssd or pci e too if you want. I don't get the point of 3 audio jacks either. But whatever, to each his own.
While I agree with you, we're talking like $20-$40 more for a better package here. In the instance of the Asrock, it $20 more for a better mobo and you get Wifi5+BT. It costs more to put that into this motherboard alone.
Also not all AMD CPUs are 65W but yes I agree that's part of the reason by Intel's motherboards costs so much more.

m.2 NVMe is within $0-$20 difference of a 2.5" SATA SSD. Why subject yourself to having to deal with running 2 cables to the SSD and 1 cable from the PSU when you can just go completely cable free for storage? Not to mention the slower SSD speeds. Not going to debate NVMe vs. SATA SSD speeds and practical use-case though since it shouldn't matter considering how cheap m.2 is now.

Edit: Forgot to address the audio jacks part. Yeah I only use a headset but it matters for people going for a surround speaker system. I don't see very many PCIe SSD unless you mean with an adapter. How much extra is that? How much extra is an amp/dac to power good headphones?
Last edited by Michnig on Aug 10th, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1558 upvotes
Link me a reasonably priced CPU to fit this MB - guaranteeing it will work out of the box.

MB without CPU is useless, No?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1400 posts
343 upvotes
Mississauga
frugal69 wrote: Link me a reasonably priced CPU to fit this MB - guaranteeing it will work out of the box.

MB without CPU is useless, No?
Here's the cpu support list. I presume the F1 ones will work OOTB. Reasonably priced (and what's available) is up to you.

Link
Jun 15, 2020
262 posts
508 upvotes
$78.85? Great!
Is it NVME 2.0? Compatible with Seagate EXOS 2x14 Mach.2 at 500 mb/s hard drives?
Smiling Face With Sunglasses