Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 170hz 27" IPS BGR with KVM ($369.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2021 2:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2368 posts
3078 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Gigabyte M27Q 1440p 170hz 27" IPS BGR with KVM ($369.99)

Same price at CC
Model M27Q
Display Size 27"
Response Time < 1ms
Panel Type IPS
Refresh Rate 170Hz
Monitor Type Gaming
Height Adjustable Yes
Vesa Mount Yes
Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1440
rtings review
The Gigabyte M27Q is excellent for gaming. It has exceptional response time, low input lag, and a high refresh rate to deliver incredibly smooth and responsive gameplay. Its large, high-resolution screen feels immersive, and it has wide viewing angles so that you can share content easily. Unfortunately, it has poor ergonomics, which makes it harder to place the screen the way you want. Also, it isn't well-suited for dark rooms because it has a low contrast ratio that makes blacks appear gray.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1100 posts
2433 upvotes
Fredericton
Hoping Amazon will soon carry the M32Q. That's the first serious 32" IPS 1440p panel with 144+ hz.
Dec 25, 2010
290 posts
300 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
This looks really good for the price.

rtings seem to consider it very similar to the appreciated Dell S2721DGF. If that last one interest you, you might try staking current Rakuten 15%, 10%OFFMONITOR (if it works this time), dunno if we can stack an extra unidays, etc. The Dell might get in a very similar price range with all that.
Sep 14, 2005
28 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
I have this monitor and love it. I actually purchased at a slightly higher price ($399) but consider it well worth it. I was debating getting the Dell S2721DGF but kept reading reports of eye strain (which I am fairly sensitive to) and therefore went with the M27Q. The only thing that gave me pause was the BGR pixel layout which is different from typical pixel layouts on most monitors. There were reports that this lead to blurry text, however, I have not experienced this issue. Colour, motion, sharpness... everything is great.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1349 posts
1188 upvotes
ON
MrLincoln wrote: Vs AOC CQ32 for only 50$ more would it be worth it?
That's a VA monitor, while the Gigabyte Ms have IPS panels. I am partial to IPS because of nice colors and wide viewing angles. Other people may prefer VA for a bit better contrast. Large VA panels are always curved cause they generally have bad viewing angles. Ideally you would check them both in person and see which one you like.
Dec 10, 2010
455 posts
342 upvotes
Wonder how much hotter deals will be for BF or BD though for this and similar monitors? Anyone with insight? If deal was at costco i would be ok as there is 3 month return.
Feb 14, 2008
317 posts
203 upvotes
Just bought the Dell one but I'm torn.. this built in KVM sound interesting as I would definitely be using one for WFH. Anyone have experience on the KVM feature? Is it a gimmick or actually smooth to use?
Dec 25, 2010
290 posts
300 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
Thaid wrote: Just bought the Dell one but I'm torn.. this built in KVM sound interesting as I would definitely be using one for WFH. Anyone have experience on the KVM feature? Is it a gimmick or actually smooth to use?
If you like or prefer the Dell, don't worry about this feature (even if it can be a nice addition and this monitor is well rated).

Look for KVM switch on amazon and read reviews to see what people think (I don't have any suggestion as I don't use one, but lot of people do).
Dec 10, 2010
455 posts
342 upvotes
Thaid wrote: Just bought the Dell one but I'm torn.. this built in KVM sound interesting as I would definitely be using one for WFH. Anyone have experience on the KVM feature? Is it a gimmick or actually smooth to use?
I decided this one over the Dell for this plus the fact that precalibration its 9.1 per Rtings and the dell is 5.2
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/co ... shold=0.10
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12731 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
is a 1080ti able do 1440p & 170hz on valorant?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Oct 31, 2020
21 posts
9 upvotes
The KVM built in is really useful.

My setup worked by having the keyboard and monitor connected to the monitor and a USB-B cable connector to my main tower.

Then with a USB-C cable (the monitor doesn't come with one) I connected it to my work laptop.

With a single button or two I was able to switch from my home setup to my work setup.

really great if you don't have a dedicated dock with a KVM switch.
Dec 10, 2010
455 posts
342 upvotes
jcomputer wrote: Latest price is $343.49 and won’t be in stock until Sept 20th
Thanks, I just cancelled my original order and placed the new one. I called into amazon support and they said since I was not charged yet I would need to cancel and reorder- for those who want to take advantage of the price drop.

At this new price I think it is very hot as a deal.

Lol - my delivery time sped up too - was Sep 28 - Oct 4 but now it is Sept 22-24.