• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2021 11:47 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4174 posts
9949 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Gildan Reusable Adult Tie-On Triple Layer Mask (Pack of 48) -- 1,99$

Last edited by isrdum on Aug 6th, 2021 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
44 replies
Aug 6, 2018
711 posts
5206 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Note: "The mask is not Health Canada approved, not intended for medical use, and not proven to reduce the transmission of disease."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9860 posts
16288 upvotes
essjayess wrote: Thanks OP.

Note: "The mask is not Health Canada approved, not intended for medical use, and not proven to reduce the transmission of disease."
Then what's the point of wearing them... It's not like these are a fashion statement.

Also, Note: there is no nose wire

I'll stick to my previous cloth masks!

Thanks just the same OP, and here's my TU for 'ya.

F-it, $1.99 for 48 masks, no tax, shipped... I'm in for one.

I can always use these when doing something that would normally be dusty, and not covid related.
Last edited by IDStorms on Aug 4th, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1621 posts
3671 upvotes
essjayess wrote: Thanks OP.

Almost every disposable mask that everyone wears is "not for medical use".
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1365 posts
2157 upvotes
In for 2. I have those nose wires. I just drilled small holes at each end and sew them on to the mask. Also, it may be a pain to tie the masks all the time, easy fix is pick up velcro at dollarama for cheap.
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Jul 21, 2021
58 posts
41 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Almost every disposable mask that everyone wears is "not for medical use".
Still better than the cloth masks, which are actually just a fashion statement lol
Nov 19, 2018
71 posts
97 upvotes
Gildan? as in the same company that make the t-shirts for beer companies to put logos on?

I'm intrigued, their shirts seem to last forever, so this should be a life time supply of masks
Mar 27, 2021
254 posts
331 upvotes
It's $2!

Only downside is white colour is terrible, definitely going to get pasta sauce/curry stains.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Mar 27, 2021
254 posts
331 upvotes
Yikes to gouging, one of the reviews said they paid $60 for 48......now its $2.....
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Feb 10, 2006
326 posts
231 upvotes
for $2 and free delivery, buy for future use e.g. cleaning or woodworking
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2760 posts
2359 upvotes
BC
Too bad only white... Looks like you are putting underwear on your face
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2210 posts
905 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
I bought these early last year when not much was available in terms of reusable masks. Barely wore any of them. 1) they are very annoying to tie them each time. 2) without a nose wire they don't fit very well 3) the cotton material/layers are fairly heavy, and the masks are large, so they are pretty warm in the summer.

You'll need to do some mods like nose wires and some sort of clasp/velcro to make them more comfortable and convenient. Would not recommend for day to day COVID use.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19285 posts
7438 upvotes
Toronto
Get a proper surgical mask from Costco or anywhere else. Not underwear on your face.
Jun 8, 2012
134 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
KenAdams wrote: In for 2. I have those nose wires. I just drilled small holes at each end and sew them on to the mask. Also, it may be a pain to tie the masks all the time, easy fix is pick up velcro at dollarama for cheap.
Ain't nobody got time for dat.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1365 posts
2157 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Too bad only white... Looks like you are putting underwear on your face
Problem with skid marks?
$52 20GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers BYE BYE ROGERS!
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9860 posts
16288 upvotes
Emporium wrote: Pretty much every store (at least here in QC) requires a mask before allowing you to enter. So YES, people are still buying masks.

But tie-on ? To each their own. I know the elastic ones can become a pain around the ears, but unless you are spending the whole day in a mask, I found the tie-ons are a little inconvenient.
My masks have elastic bands that wrap around the head, and are the most comfortable masks for me.

Even when wearing a cap, easy on, easy off.

Except for the disposable masks, I cannot stand the behind-the-ear straps!

These masks will be handy when doing things that might stir up some dust, but other than that, I'm looking down the road, and not covid related.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2953 posts
2790 upvotes
Montreal, QC
IDStorms wrote: My masks have elastic bands that wrap around the head, and are the most comfortable masks for me.

Even when wearing a cap, easy on, easy off.

Except for the disposable masks, I cannot stand the behind-the-ear straps!

These masks will be handy when doing things that might stir up some dust, but other than that, I'm looking down the road, and not covid related.
Elastic Bands around the head are the most comfortable. My N95 masks are like that and super comfortable. At the office, at the entrance they provide masks. And you have a choice of the typical around the ear elastic, or the true surgical tie behind head style. For a full day at the office, the tie behind head are the most comfortable. For when I am just going in to pick something up, and then heading back out, I'll pick up the behind the ears type.

For work around the shop/garage when stirring up dust, I have a few boxes of my 3M N95 with vent valve, and I use those.

The ones behind the ears, I keep around for the quick trips. They are dirt cheap, Go on in a split second and can rip them off and toss them quickly.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1488 posts
2485 upvotes
Vancouver
Emporium wrote: Pretty much every store (at least here in QC) requires a mask before allowing you to enter. So YES, people are still buying masks.
BC here, mask mandate was removed July 1.