Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Glad White Garbage Bags 25 Litres 100 Trash Bags 8.33

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2022 4:56 pm
Thread Summary
List Price: $9.99
Price: $8.33 ($0.08 / count)
You Save: $1.66 (17%)
40 replies
Dec 25, 2012
938 posts
981 upvotes
Kingston
Seeing this makes me believe I got a good deal when I recently purchased 100 bags at No Frills for 5 cents each. Yes the yellow grocery bags you buy at checkout. With the news that most grocery stores are soon going to stop selling plastic bags, I panicked. I find those bags are the perfect size for my under sink trash bucket and they’re very strong.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1099 posts
1332 upvotes
nuxper wrote: Seeing this makes me believe I got a good deal when I recently purchased 100 bags at No Frills for 5 cents each. Yes the yellow grocery bags you buy at checkout. With the news that most grocery stores are soon going to stop selling plastic bags, I panicked. I find those bags are the perfect size for my under sink trash bucket and they’re very strong.
I live in Metro Vancouver. Haven't seen a new plastic bag in months now. Can confirm it's quite annoying to not have plastic bags to re-use for different purposes.
Oct 22, 2020
150 posts
275 upvotes
3express wrote: I live in Metro Vancouver. Haven't seen a new plastic bag in months now. Can confirm it's quite annoying to not have plastic bags to re-use for different purposes.
I just moved from Vancouver to a small area across the ferry...it is like culture shock seeing plastic bags again. Also not having to pay a bag fee everywhere when you are not even getting a bag.

I repurpose them a lot too so it is nice to see them again...for now anyway.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3440 posts
5455 upvotes
GTA North
nuxper wrote: Seeing this makes me believe I got a good deal when I recently purchased 100 bags at No Frills for 5 cents each. Yes the yellow grocery bags you buy at checkout. With the news that most grocery stores are soon going to stop selling plastic bags, I panicked. I find those bags are the perfect size for my under sink trash bucket and they’re very strong.
Not to mention very waterproof. I am curious is it 100bags a box? Or did they pull off 100 separate for you? Are we able to buy a box of the stores bags? I'm sure people looked at you funny. :).

Other bags that are good and water proof you get while grocery shopping or getting take out I have noticed are if the bottom doesn't have a hole in it are :

Congee Wong - waterproof, can handle some weight. perfect kitchen bin size, medium duty strength

Loblaws - waterproof, thin. light can't take much weight, file folder corners or anything similar rips it easily.

No Frills - very waterproof, about 2-3x Loblaws bag thickness, good for watery messes if double bagging or on exterior. IE. Soups/watermelons that went bad.

Walmart - Medium duty strong, can take a some weight

T&T - Pre-2020 bag quality was strong. Can take some weight. Can handle ~ 12-13lb water melon if you don't bounce/sway it (lost one before so I know they max out around that weight :( ) For a whiile with suoply chain issues they ended up like Loblaws quality but a few months ago returned to previous quality it seems. More capacity then Walmart/Foodymart.

Foodymart - Strong, mostly waterproof, similar to Walmart.

C&C - Same as Foodymart as owned by same company.

Shoppers Drugmart: Like Walmart

Food Basics: Like Walmart size but almost as strong like T&T.

Real Canadian Superstore: Like Loblaws

Sunny Supermarket: A little thinner then FoodyMarts.

Dollarama : Like Walmart

Home Depot : Like Walmart

Princess Auto: Like if No Frills and Walmart got double bagged.

Galati Market Fresh: Like No Frills

That's just off the top of my head. I do like to collect some ofnthe retail shopping bags for preserving some of the retail history.

The bags from decades ago were better quality and over the years companies got thinner and thinner.

Sure reuseable bags are nice to have and stronger then the default store supplied ones but sometimes you just want bags to separate items when shopping for others and keeping the elements off them while delivering it to different people especially during COVID any such. Also to keep meat juices, lawn care/auto oils, windshield wiper liquids, crushed eggs, etc etc from leaking onto you, your car/bike/main bag/etc. For bags that have been used for holding meats/eggs I use them first as kitchen bags.

Always good to reuse them as much as possible before throwing them out.

Noticed some bags last a long time without breaking down. Like the Miracle Food Mart, Consumers Distributing, Simpsons, and Eaton's off the top of my head still not breaking up into confetti like a Princess Auto bag I remember years ago just holding some garden gloves and such. I think the bag was about a decade old.

EDIT:
Maybe some bags like all the store that bought them from the formula changed or something causing a batch to break down sooner.
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Dec 5th, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5722 posts
51341 upvotes
Those No Frills bags are the best but they didn't fit properly for my waste basket under the sink so I ended up splitting a box of these with a friend. 1000 bags for $19.98.
https://www.samsclub.com/p/t-shirt-carr ... _product_1
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
1258 posts
2309 upvotes
I just bought 200 kitchen garbage bags at Costco... Was curious if there's a cheaper way of doing it.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3440 posts
5455 upvotes
GTA North
KevinT277396 wrote: I just bought 200 kitchen garbage bags at Costco... Was curious if there's a cheaper way of doing it.
Well....yes if you want clear bags.

According to Bob Blumer the host of The Surreal Gourmet when it was on Food Network Canada about 2 decades ago and I remembered him saying in the show that you can buy cabbage by the leaf and he has done so many times. You might get the odd looks tho. :). Will only cost you the cost of the cabbage :p

Now I have never done that before but one could peel down a cabbage into clear bags and buy it that way and reuse the clear plastic bags.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Surreal_Gourmet

BTW great show if you can find it. Also if you like this show check out Food Jammers which is on YouTube. Food Jammers takes it up to another level like if you mixed DIY building/hacking with food making. Both are excellent shows.

^^^^ A list of the episodes of Food Jammers. Not sure if complete but most episodes there. If you are downtown Toronto you might run into them as I recall they frequent the Kensington Market area.

...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19888 posts
2653 upvotes
Is this a good deal? Seems more expensive than similar bags at Costco
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2160 posts
15283 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Not to mention very waterproof. I am curious is it 100bags a box? Or did they pull off 100 separate for you? Are we able to buy a box of the stores bags? I'm sure people looked at you funny. :).

Other bags that are good and water proof you get while grocery shopping or getting take out I have noticed are if the bottom doesn't have a hole in it are :

Congee Wong - waterproof, can handle some weight. perfect kitchen bin size, medium duty strength

Loblaws - waterproof, thin. light can't take much weight, file folder corners or anything similar rips it easily.

No Frills - very waterproof, about 2-3x Loblaws bag thickness, good for watery messes if double bagging or on exterior. IE. Soups/watermelons that went bad.

T&T - Pre-2020 bag quality was strong. Can take some weight. Can handle ~ 12-13lb water melon if you don't bounce/sway it (lost one before so I know they max out around that weight :( ) For a whiile with suoply chain issues they ended up like Loblaws quality but a few months ago returned to previous quality it seems. More capacity then Walmart/Foodymart.

That's just off the top of my head. I do like to collect some ofnthe retail shopping bags for preserving some of the retail history.

The bags from decades ago were better quality and over the years companies got thinner and thinner.

Sure reuseable bags are nice to have and stronger then the default store supplied ones but sometimes you just want bags to separate items when shopping for others and keeping the elements off them while delivering it to different people especially during COVID any such. Also to keep meat juices, lawn care/auto oils, windshield wiper liquids, crushed eggs, etc etc from leaking onto you, your car/bike/main bag/etc. For bags that have been used for holding meats/eggs I use them first as kitchen bags.

Noticed some bags last a long time without breaking down. Like the Miracle Food Mart, Consumers Distributing, Simpsons, and Eaton's off the top of my head still not breaking up into confetti like a Princess Auto bag I remember years ago just holding some garden gloves and such. I think the bag was about a decade old.

EDIT:
Maybe some bags like all the store that bought them from the formula changed or something causing a batch to break down sooner.
My brother did you just write a thesis on grocery store plastic bags
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2360 posts
222 upvotes
I don't know if RFD has end of the year awards for posts but this should at the very least be a nominee (if not the winner). Well done.
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Not to mention very waterproof. I am curious is it 100bags a box? Or did they pull off 100 separate for you? Are we able to buy a box of the stores bags? I'm sure people looked at you funny. :).

EDIT:
Jun 25, 2007
405 posts
178 upvotes
brunes wrote: Is this a good deal? Seems more expensive than similar bags at Costco
Costco bags are cheaper
Telcom: Public Mobile, Zoomer
CashBack: CreditCardGenius, TopCashBack, Great Canadian Rebate (GCR), Rakuten
Banking: Tangerine, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2010
1346 posts
1218 upvotes
That's not panicking, it's a reasonable reaction to the impending disappearance of these bags from stores. MY first reaction was to buy 1000 of these at the checkout the last time I shopped at Dollarama, that's panicking......
Beep\Bop\Boop
May 13, 2011
194 posts
138 upvotes
Scarborough
Tapout123 wrote: Did you get these delivered here or pick them up in the US?
I've seen the Costco Business Center in Scarborough sell boxes of t-shirt bags in store. I don't remember the prices, but they can't be more expensive than what they list online. On their website, they have 2 sizes when searching for "t shirt bag": https://www.costcobusinesscentre.ca/Cat ... +shirt+bag
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2012
1681 posts
1073 upvotes
TORONTO
I despise this trend of banning stores from giving out bags at the register. I would use those bags for garbage and all sorts of other things - I now have to buy bags instead.

I thought it would be an interesting idea to buy bags in bulk and give them to homeless people to sell outside big stores for 10 cents (or whatever).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)