• Dec 24th, 2020 10:51 pm
[OP]
Jul 9, 2012
107 posts
133 upvotes
BURLINGTON

[Amazon.ca] Gloomhaven board game $107

Great price for a fantastic board game.
Not the cheapest it has ever been, but roughly $50 off regular price.
20 replies
Aug 3, 2010
115 posts
106 upvotes
Windsor
Absolutely fantastic game, even if its a bit cumbersome to play physically. I was able to play and complete the campaign and a good deal of sidequests with some buddies using Tabletop Simulator and I can say that at $107 this is a great deal.
Nov 25, 2013
301 posts
290 upvotes
Hoth
That is a decent deal, just I warn people that they need a large amount of space for this, also invest in mini storage for all of the pieces as well.
[OP]
Jul 9, 2012
107 posts
133 upvotes
BURLINGTON
The free companion apps Gloomhaven Helper and GloomsteR really make setup and gameplay much more streamlined as well.
Dec 13, 2006
599 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
If you buy this game now, and get hooked, you will be done just in time for its sequel, FROSTHAVEN!

this game rocks, the story line is pretty cool, lots of replayability, we did the campaign but still have 4 characters to play, so i think we will do another one starting with new characters.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4811 posts
2236 upvotes
I'd recommend buying jaws of the lion version. Smaller and more for beginner.
Feb 2, 2013
442 posts
386 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
I'd second playing through Jaws of the Lion first. It's a terrific introduction to the series.

Do most folks get the removable stickers set for their game? I understand you get a huge amount of playtime out of the campaign, so I'm considering just using the permanent changes that come with the game.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4811 posts
2236 upvotes
barrensky wrote: I'd second playing through Jaws of the Lion first. It's a terrific introduction to the series.

Do most folks get the removable stickers set for their game? I understand you get a huge amount of playtime out of the campaign, so I'm considering just using the permanent changes that come with the game.
I'd just use it and play it out. It will take a long time to finish the game anyway, and by the time you're done, you might want to try the expansion or something else entirely.
Sep 18, 2007
40 posts
39 upvotes
barrensky wrote: Do most folks get the removable stickers set for their game? I understand you get a huge amount of playtime out of the campaign, so I'm considering just using the permanent changes that come with the game.
I have removable stickers, but realistically I don't see myself pulling them off - it's a bit of a pain to pull every single sticker off. We really enjoy the game, and if I wanted to restart a new game, I have no qualms just buying a new copy. We estimate that we've played this game for 250-300 hours already, and split four ways, that's not a bad cost!
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1035 posts
749 upvotes
barrensky wrote: Do most folks get the removable stickers set for their game? I understand you get a huge amount of playtime out of the campaign, so I'm considering just using the permanent changes that come with the game.
My friends and I have finished the game in campaign mode, every scenario possible except the ones you can't do if you make certain choices (which we played for fun). It took well over 100 hours with 4 players (less players would take less time). Lots of fun, but it does take a dedicated group if you want to play through the whole campaign, which is not technically necessary. You could play with a rotating cast of players if you want.

I really do not see the need to use removable stickers, the time required to make use of that would be pretty extreme and it's not like you can't play scenarios outside the campaign.
Dec 12, 2006
43 posts
21 upvotes
Terrace
Game store in Bradford has it at $139.99 regular price. Amazon's board game prices are ridiculous unless there is a 'sale'.
Aug 19, 2004
899 posts
686 upvotes
Toronto
Grabbed one. Don't know if I will play it; but the reviews are amazing and as a D&D kid; this may be a way to do it without a DM
Apr 14, 2007
254 posts
175 upvotes
If I'm not mistaken, this is basically kickstarter price after converting it to CAD, so I think it's a solid deal!

Price is back up now though.
Jul 24, 2011
132 posts
100 upvotes
TORONTO
Sadly appears to be dead. Was so hyped to finally pull the trigger on this bad boy.