Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

GOLABS Portable Power Station, 299Wh LiFePO4/60W Type-C Quick Charge/300W Pure Sine Wave $239.99 after coupons

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4218 posts
9620 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …

[Amazon.ca] GOLABS Portable Power Station, 299Wh LiFePO4/60W Type-C Quick Charge/300W Pure Sine Wave $239.99 after coupons

GOLABS Portable Power Station, 299Wh LiFePO4 Battery Backup, PD 60W Type-C Quick Charge, 300W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet Solar Generator Power Supply

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08P5SFV4D

Apply $100.00 coupon then added coupon code: 7OX3JNZ9 from Facebook "Spotted: Clic4deals"

MODS ..I have no affiliation with this FB Page just passing on the deal

13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2098 posts
683 upvotes
Thanks OP. I was waiting for this version to go on sale.
Feb 3, 2019
399 posts
457 upvotes
I have this and it works great. Unfortunately, I needed more than 299Wh even with solar to power my fridge for 2-3 days of camping. Other than that, works great to power my lights, charge my phone/tablets etc.

Btw, this item has NO RETURN!

Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1886 upvotes
Scarborough
I was looking at this a couple of weeks ago, maybe its a lower version not sure but it was around $250 I think no coupon.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1593 posts
960 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
Thanks OP.
Purchased this and the Renogy 100w briefcase panel.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26042 posts
10723 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Murkdx wrote: Unfortunately, I needed more than 299Wh even with solar to power my fridge for 2-3 days of camping.
No surprise there.

How long will it power your fridge, i would guess 6 hours?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jun 25, 2012
223 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
Murkdx wrote: I have this and it works great. Unfortunately, I needed more than 299Wh even with solar to power my fridge for 2-3 days of camping. Other than that, works great to power my lights, charge my phone/tablets etc.
Yeah, I tried the same thing. What I didn't realize is that camping sites are mostly shaded so you're not going to get much sun. Plus the effort to lug the power station and solar panels out to an open area and baby sit the thing is not a fun thing to do while camping.

So I ended not doing any recharging on the camping trip ...

Quentin5 wrote: No surprise there.
Portable 12 volt fridges don't run continuously - they cycle on and off. My AllPowers branded 300Wh-ish portable power station could run my 12v fridge for about 25 hours while using half of its battery.

The AllPowers power station doesn't have a regulated 12v output (on the cigarette lighter port) so below 50% battery the voltage dropped to way below 12 volts and the portable fridge stopped running.

I believe the GoLabs power station has regulated 12v, so I'd guess it could run a fridge for at least 48 hours (assuming stopping at ~10% battery).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26042 posts
10723 upvotes
Socially Distanced
bluestreak7 wrote: Portable 12 volt fridges don't run continuously - they cycle on and off. My AllPowers branded 300Wh-ish portable power station could run my 12v fridge for about 25 hours while using half of its battery.
I am impressed, most 12 volt travel fridges use thermoelectric cooling which is not very efficient compared to the standard vapour compression. And many people leave them out in the sun. And if you put things in it that are not precooled that would be even more power.
25 hours on half a 300Wh battery is impressive!
Feb 3, 2019
399 posts
457 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: No surprise there.

The fridge doesnt run 24/7. It turns off when it reaches a set temp and turns on when its -3 or more from the set temp. Overall, I'd say about 1.5 days.

Btw, I precooled the fridge the night before prior to my trip + all of its contents.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26042 posts
10723 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Murkdx wrote: The fridge doesnt run 24/7. It turns off when it reaches a set temp and turns on when its -3 or more from the set temp. Overall, I'd say about 1.5 days.

Btw, I precooled the fridge the night before prior to my trip + all of its contents.
I get that but as i mentioned most run on thermoelectric coolers which are not the most efficient and common outdoor or vehicle storage is not a nice room temperature leading to more juice needed.
I would be interested to know what model you have and how long it runs on what size battery, if it does this well i would be interested in buying one.
Feb 3, 2019
399 posts
457 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: I get that but as i mentioned most run on thermoelectric coolers which are not the most efficient and common outdoor or vehicle storage is not a nice room temperature leading to more juice needed.
I would be interested to know what model you have and how long it runs on what size battery, if it does this well i would be interested in buying one.

What I have is a brand called BougeRV. I have the 53 qt it is pretty big. There are 30 qt and 25 qt i think.
The more efficient fridge are gonna cost a lot more. Brands are ARB and Dometic.
Jun 25, 2012
223 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: I get that but as i mentioned most run on thermoelectric coolers which are not the most efficient and common outdoor or vehicle storage is not a nice room temperature leading to more juice needed.
The brand I got is called "F40C4TMP" ... Yeah, kind of a weird name but it works great. It has a compressor instead of those cheapo thermoelectric coolers. In testing, I've run mine for weeks on AC power.

I got the 23 quart sized one (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08GCFLDMP/). Coincidentally, the 23 quart BougeRV branded 12v compressor fridge seems to be physically the same as mine, except that it comes in a different colour.

On AC, my watt-meter measured ~ 220 Wh used in a 24 hour period.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26042 posts
10723 upvotes
Socially Distanced
bluestreak7 wrote: The brand I got is called "F40C4TMP" ... Yeah, kind of a weird name but it works great. It has a compressor instead of those cheapo thermoelectric coolers. In testing, I've run mine for weeks on AC power.

I got the 23 quart sized one (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08GCFLDMP/). Coincidentally, the 23 quart BougeRV branded 12v compressor fridge seems to be physically the same as mine, except that it comes in a different colour.

On AC, my watt-meter measured ~ 220 Wh used in a 24 hour period.
Thanks, i will check i out.
That brand name may be pragmatic (40º Fahrenheit or 4º Celsius is fridge temperature) but they could have done better on that one Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)