Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Good deal on Diono Rainier $365.49 and Radian $305.98

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2017 4:19 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Feb 17, 2017
171 posts
219 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Good deal on Diono Rainier $365.49 and Radian $305.98

So glad I waited! I was going to get this as last week when my paycheck came in.

Going to buy the Diono rainier for $365.49
http://www.amazon.ca/o/ASIN/B01CL9GCWM/ ... 33H9JXWA50

The Diono Radian R120 Twilight is also on sale for $305.98
http://www.amazon.ca/o/ASIN/B01CL9GEQG/ ... E52XSL63NA
Amazon Prime member since 2017
30 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 21, 2014
1584 posts
2727 upvotes
Calgary, AB
It's a baby car seat. Save you from clicking on the link.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Sr. Member
Mar 2, 2006
504 posts
317 upvotes
FYI

Depending on what features you're looking for in the car seat, the diono r100 frequently guys on sale at Sears for 200 and the rxt for 270 I think.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 17, 2004
4888 posts
953 upvotes
When do kids move out of infant sears and into these?
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1319 posts
1505 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: When do kids move out of infant sears and into these?
Ask your wife ;)

I think it's weight dependent. My youngest is 13 months and will be moving out of his bucket shortly.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4597 posts
680 upvotes
sci05 wrote: FYI

Depending on what features you're looking for in the car seat, the diono r100 frequently guys on sale at Sears for 200 and the rxt for 270 I think.
Yup. Have had the R100 for a couple of years (got it from Sears at $188 + tax) and it's a tank. Love the chair. Our son (almost 3) is big for his age, but the seat continues to serve him well.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4089 posts
1681 upvotes
Toronto
Kohanz wrote: Yup. Have had the R100 for a couple of years (got it from Sears at $188 + tax) and it's a tank. Love the chair. Our son (almost 3) is big for his age, but the seat continues to serve him well.
I have both Rainer and R100.

Rainer is much better when the kid is below the age of 4. He sleeps better in the Rainer due to the head support.

My older son has to switched to R100 as he outgrow the headsupport by the time he is 4.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4597 posts
680 upvotes
Ceryx wrote: I have both Rainer and R100.

Rainer is much better when the kid is below the age of 4. He sleeps better in the Rainer due to the head support.

My older son has to switched to R100 as he outgrow the headsupport by the time he is 4.
Fair enough. In our experience, he found a way to sleep regardless, but the Ranier is probably comfier.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4089 posts
1681 upvotes
Toronto
Kohanz wrote: Fair enough. In our experience, he found a way to sleep regardless, but the Ranier is probably comfier.
Yeah. It's funny how my son sleeps in R100 now. I don't think I can ever sleep with those position (head hanging outwards).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 26, 2003
2248 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto West
Unrelated, How do europeans keep their kids rear facing until multiple years old? I've seen this mentioned a bunch here. Where do their legs go? Do they just scrunch them up on the back seat?
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4597 posts
680 upvotes
Ceryx wrote: Yeah. It's funny how my son sleeps in R100 now. I don't think I can ever sleep with those position (head hanging outwards).
Our son is almost 3, but quite tall for his age (not sure of the exact figure, but upper 90-th percentile). I'm a bit torn because we're keeping him rear-facing as long as we can (he's still under 40 lbs.) for safety, but he definitely does not have the leg-room he would like. I oscillate between wanting him to be more comfortable and then reading stories of families who were in accidents where the police told them the fact that the child was rear-facing is what kept them safe. Gah!
Mendes wrote: Unrelated, How do europeans keep their kids rear facing until multiple years old? I've seen this mentioned a bunch here. Where do their legs go? Do they just scrunch them up on the back seat?
Yeah, this is us. His knees are just bent almost all of the time (we drive a Mazda3 hatchback). He finds various ways to sit, but all of them involve bent knees. The only time they aren't bent is when he's kicking the seat with full force ;) Part of me feels bad, but he doesn't complain because it's all he's ever known. He sees some of his peers front-facing but doesn't seem to make the connection that he could ask that of us. I haven't weighed him recently, but he's probably somewhere between 35 and 40 lbs, so we will probably have to switch soon. His mind will be blown.
Last edited by Kohanz on Feb 21st, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 26, 2011
447 posts
203 upvotes
Mendes wrote: Unrelated, How do europeans keep their kids rear facing until multiple years old? I've seen this mentioned a bunch here. Where do their legs go? Do they just scrunch them up on the back seat?
Our friends in Europe with kids moved them forward facing pretty quick.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
4089 posts
1681 upvotes
Toronto
chreds wrote: Our friends in Europe with kids moved them forward facing pretty quick.
seriously, the trick is just to drive slow.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5726 posts
1536 upvotes
bluetroll wrote: When do kids move out of infant sears and into these?
depends on weight and how comfortable you are.
but 6-12 months is pretty normal (people do wait till much later)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5726 posts
1536 upvotes
Mendes wrote: Unrelated, How do europeans keep their kids rear facing until multiple years old? I've seen this mentioned a bunch here. Where do their legs go? Do they just scrunch them up on the back seat?
like this -- we actually moved ours front facing at 2. it's quite a bit easier to get him in now.

Image
Member
Mar 16, 2014
256 posts
75 upvotes
CLAREMONT
Thanks OP, ordered a Rainier!

For us our baby girl is 10 months old and almost 18lbs, she's still a little bit away from outgrowing her Infant seat (on height not weight) but she is going to daycare now so we're going to keep the Infant seat in my vehicle and put this one in my wifes vehicle.

For safety reasons we will keep her rear facing as long as possible.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 3, 2005
1142 posts
162 upvotes
Kohanz wrote: Our son is almost 3, but quite tall for his age (not sure of the exact figure, but upper 90-th percentile). I'm a bit torn because we're keeping him rear-facing as long as we can (he's still under 40 lbs.) for safety, but he definitely does not have the leg-room he would like. I oscillate between wanting him to be more comfortable and then reading stories of families who were in accidents where the police told them the fact that the child was rear-facing is what kept them safe. Gah!



Yeah, this is us. His knees are just bent almost all of the time (we drive a Mazda3 hatchback). He finds various ways to sit, but all of them involve bent knees. The only time they aren't bent is when he's kicking the seat with full force ;) Part of me feels bad, but he doesn't complain because it's all he's ever known. He sees some of his peers front-facing but doesn't seem to make the connection that he could ask that of us. I haven't weighed him recently, but he's probably somewhere between 35 and 40 lbs, so we will probably have to switch soon. His mind will be blown.
Lol, same here. I argue on a regular basis with both sets of grandparents on keeping him rear facing for as long as possible. They say the kid is uncomfortable and will stunt his growth even though he spends no more than an hour in it in any given week lol. I'll turn him around when he reaches the absolute limit on either height or weight.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 26, 2006
2135 posts
2244 upvotes
sci05 wrote: FYI

Depending on what features you're looking for in the car seat, the diono r100 frequently guys on sale at Sears for 200 and the rxt for 270 I think.
And the Rainier get down to about $300 when it is on sale
Sr. Member
Aug 15, 2007
610 posts
260 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sci05 wrote: FYI

Depending on what features you're looking for in the car seat, the diono r100 frequently guys on sale at Sears for 200 and the rxt for 270 I think.
I'm in the market for one of these seats, how often does the Sears go on sale, are the ones posted above better than the 200/RXT?
Member
May 21, 2012
313 posts
250 upvotes
Burlington
bluetroll wrote: When do kids move out of infant sears and into these?
There is no requirement to use an infant seat. It is possible to use a convertible seat from birth (a convertible seat is a seat that rear faces and later forward faces. It remains installed in the car -- it does not have a removeable portion like an infant seat would). Not all convertible seats will fit a newborn, but there are many that do.

For parents that use an infant seat, the infant seat is outgrown when the child reaches the weight maximum OR the height maximum OR the fit requirement (usually the child's head must be at least 1" below the top of the car seat, but different seats have different rules - read the manual). At that point, the child should be moved to a rear facing seat with higher limits (and recommendations are to remain rear facing until at least age to and ideally beyond to the height or weight limit of the seat). A child can be moved earlier from the infant seat to the convertible seat anytime before the infant seat is outgrown, as long as they fit the convertible seat correctly.

Top