Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Good Guys: How Men Can Be Better Allies for Women in the Workplace (hardcover $19.30) 50% Off

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 1:22 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11999 posts
108104 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] Good Guys: How Men Can Be Better Allies for Women in the Workplace (hardcover $19.30) 50% Off

if you are having trouble at work, this book might be able to help you.

These might be paid reviews but it's from Harvard Business.

Gold Medal Winner for Best Human Resources/Employee Training Book in the 2021 Axiom Business Book Awards

Named one of the Globe & Mail's "Best Business Books of 2020"

Named one of Behavioral Scientist's "Notable Books of 2020"

Publisher ‏ : ‎ Harvard Business Review Press (Oct. 13 2020)
Language ‏ : ‎ English
Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 272 pages

lowest price on camel
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 12th, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link/nonRFD affiliate tag removed
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
57 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4371 posts
3213 upvotes
Edmonton
Sells for a few cents more at Chapters Indigo. Probably the going price for the book equivalent of a chick flick.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
This thread

May 9, 2020
370 posts
1089 upvotes
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7132 posts
6228 upvotes
Ottawa
Who better to tell me than two white men! Jks. Not for me but thanks for sharing OP. Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by Auditore212 on Aug 12th, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7132 posts
6228 upvotes
Ottawa
For the lulz....in before:
"A few bad guys don't speak for us all!"
"All the guys in my life are proven allies. They said so themselves!"
"Women just need to speak up! Their silence is inaction."
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1023 posts
1809 upvotes
richmond hill
LMAO I bought one just to burn
Oct 20, 2019
794 posts
1609 upvotes
Ottawa
Women are at a disadvantage. At home, they often face an unequal division of household chores and childcare
Does a subject like this need a book?

I mean if there are people who are fully dependent on their SO in doing all the chores, I don't expect those people to be reading books in the first place.

I'm triggered :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6776 posts
3166 upvotes
Germany
User381785 wrote: lol lots of triggered people here
This is a very delicate topic, but there are some people who are more interested in pursuing a (vindictive) agenda than building actual inclusion. You can see it in the disappearing men in post secondary education and I saw it happen first-hand with our new female President. There were men I nominated for President's Club last year whose work avoided a ~25% reduction to our gross revenue and the VP I report to overruled me. She said that she agrees that the work they did likely had the single largest impact on our 2020 fiscal results, but that the new President wanted to showcase the power of female leadership during the pandemic.

I cannot speak about the book itself, but some of Johnson's work is part of the required reading for our Coaching program, and he's pretty good.
Last edited by unshavenyak on Aug 12th, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7132 posts
6228 upvotes
Ottawa
unshavenyak wrote: This is a very delicate topic, but there are more people interested in pursuing a (vindictive) agenda than building actual inclusion. You can see it in the disappearing men in post secondary education and I saw it happen first-hand with our new female President. There were men I nominated for President's Club last year whose work avoided a ~25% reduction to our gross revenue and the VP I report to overruled me. She said that she agrees that the work they did likely had the single largest impact on our 2020 fiscal results, but that the new President wanted to showcase the power of female leadership during the pandemic.

I cannot speak about the book itself, but some of Johnson's work is part of the required reading for our Coaching program, and he's pretty good.
Yeah I've read some of his mentoring-related work within a post-secondary setting. I like it.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2021 posts
1502 upvotes
Vancouver
Did I come in after a mod clean up? or is it just a bunch of people here with popcorn but no one on stage?
Aug 30, 2009
84 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary
louis77 wrote: LMAO I bought one just to burn
Please! This is RFD!

You should wait a few more weeks until it's 90% off and then buy a truckload for your fireplace.
Last edited by DRF99 on Aug 12th, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 13, 2013
293 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know about this book or of its quality, but "How Men Can Be Better Allies for Women in the Workplace" is definitely an interesting topic for a book... I just don't know who it's aimed for - people reading this willingly probably are already doing the right things. People who need to read it are probably the ones who will never do so willingly...

Me though? I'm just here for the comments :twisted:
Last edited by dark2026 on Aug 12th, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12166 posts
6015 upvotes
Sypsy wrote: Did I come in after a mod clean up? or is it just a bunch of people here with popcorn but no one on stage?
Not sure came to read the lol's also but nothing.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2024 posts
2867 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Y'all: Triggered??? Toughen up, snowflakes. Words can't hurt you!!!

Also y'all: This book that I absolutely did not read, skim, buy, or borrow from the library is absolutely not a good deal and should be heavily downvoted!!! I'm going to make jokes about burning it because that's good and normal behaviour.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2021 posts
1502 upvotes
Vancouver
blazed16 wrote: Not sure came to read the lol's also but nothing.
90 users viewing the thread and no sexist thing said yet, (except for the guy who "jokingly" decided to water down the authors' credibility)

edit: 100 users!
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1990 posts
2874 upvotes
Sypsy wrote: 90 users viewing the thread and no sexist thing said yet, (except for the guy who "jokingly" decided to water down the authors' credibility by in a sexist manner.)
40 downvotes for a book being 50% off is a pretty clear sign of sexism here. Let's face it, most this site is comprised of 20 something straight white males. A book discussing female inclusion in society is pressing the buttons of a lot of those kids.
Nov 25, 2014
698 posts
779 upvotes
User381785 wrote: 40 downvotes for a book being 50% off is a pretty clear sign of sexism here. Let's face it, most this site is comprised of 20 something straight white males. A book discussing female inclusion in society is pressing the buttons of a lot of those kids.
Ever since my first purchase of Dr. Johnson's work -- <Athena Rising: How and Why Men Should Mentor Women>, I confess that I have been hooked since! In this book, he and Dr. Smith not only gave guidance on how men can show up for women at work while holding themselves accountable, but offered very specific and attainable actionable items for men to advocate for gender equity. I believe this book is the holy grail, the bible, the exact recipe for men who want to be allies! This book is a must-read for every boy and man, while I recommend it to every female out there. Because speaking from my personal experience, I now know what I should set as my expectation and how I can better fight for myself.
Last edited by OutOfSt0ck on Aug 12th, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.