Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Good Guys: How Men Can Be Better Allies for Women in the Workplace (hardcover $19.30) 50% Off

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 1:22 am
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
stevo88 wrote: behind a keyboard from a basement near you
I wish my house had a basement.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3958 posts
5641 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
tim-x wrote: Half the stuff in hot deals is useless. I guarantee you don't comment in all of those threads.
Yea but this is EXTREMELY useless beyond compare.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3458 posts
3341 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Yea but this is EXTREMELY useless beyond compare.
So you just had to post to tell the whole world what a useless book it is. Has nothing to do with being triggered by the title.

[x] Doubt
Dec 12, 2010
339 posts
212 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: Y'all: Triggered??? Toughen up, snowflakes. Words can't hurt you!!!

Also y'all: This book that I absolutely did not read, skim, buy, or borrow from the library is absolutely not a good deal and should be heavily downvoted!!! I'm going to make jokes about burning it because that's good and normal behaviour.
Exactly

:twisted:
Hey look at me! I got a deal and you didn't. I am therefore superior as I prance around and show them off in my signature.
Oct 5, 2008
755 posts
814 upvotes
GTA
Good for the shelf in the background on zoom calls.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3958 posts
5641 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
tim-x wrote: So you just had to post to tell the whole world what a useless book it is. Has nothing to do with being triggered by the title.

[x] Doubt
Nothing to do with title, again mainly annoyed because of the poster and because it's a nonsense post. He usally does this, not sure if he's a troll or just likes drama.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Aug 30, 2009
87 posts
174 upvotes
Calgary
Fatty55 wrote: Good for the shelf in the background on zoom calls.
In that case, I can just screen capture the cover and use it as a virtual background for free. (Maybe use a kitten avatar at the same time.)

*** ICE COLD DEAL ***
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
blackbirdman wrote: Nothing to do with title, again mainly annoyed because of the poster and because it's a nonsense post. He usally does this, not sure if he's a troll or just likes drama.
Nobody gets this... You are so right.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1757 posts
1270 upvotes
Burnaby
The sequel to the book

It's just a topic easy to make jokes out of.
Nothing substantive to do with the book really.
Last edited by spiritsBB on Aug 12th, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3458 posts
3341 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Nothing to do with title, again mainly annoyed because of the poster and because it's a nonsense post. He usally does this, not sure if he's a troll or just likes drama.
Well if that's the truth, I can respect that.
Jan 12, 2015
149 posts
173 upvotes
Dundas, ON
Title should be "How Men Can Be Better Allies for Women in the Workplace without getting MeToo-ed". Added bonus a preface that's womensplainig the toxic masculinity.
Mar 26, 2013
336 posts
280 upvotes
Twin Peaks
Where are my big boy pants? In case anyone is wondering why such a book would ever be written, here is some from other book, that seems to be inopposition...
"Woman is a misbegotten man and has a faulty and defective nature in comparison to his. Therefore she is unsure in herself. What she cannot get, she seeks to obtain through lying and diabolical deceptions. And so, to put it briefly, one must be on one’s guard with every woman, as if she were a poisonous snake and the horned devil. … Thus in evil and perverse doings woman is cleverer, that is, slyer, than man. Her feelings drive woman toward every evil, just as reason impels man toward all good.

As regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of woman comes from a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to exercise authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

is this what they are all upset about?
Don't troll me BRUH!
May 28, 2013
490 posts
378 upvotes
Richmond, BC
This book should come with a universal one time 'get out of jail free' card when one inevitably fails miserably
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
Why the bounce to Expired? The deal is clearly still on. Mods didn't want to clean it up?
May 7, 2015
951 posts
1529 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User381785 wrote: 40 downvotes for a book being 50% off is a pretty clear sign of sexism here. Let's face it, most this site is comprised of 20 something straight white males. A book discussing female inclusion in society is pressing the buttons of a lot of those kids.
Bahaha
Jan 21, 2010
486 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
dark2026 wrote: I don't know about this book or of its quality, but "How Men Can Be Better Allies for Women in the Workplace" is definitely an interesting topic for a book... I just don't know who it's aimed for - people reading this willingly probably are already doing the right things. People who need to read it are probably the ones who will never do so willingly...

Me though? I'm just here for the comments :twisted:
Well if the target audience is male, I’d like to think that ppl doing the right thing would be introspective enough to know there are always things to learn and are always things we may be unmaliciously overlooking. Self help books exist for many purposes.

To those saying you can find this online for free, you can say that about pretty much anything since libraries exists and .pdf google search trick often works. Books are sold too ppl, and they go on sale as well. Up to you to figure out if it is a deal.

That aside, it’s pretty telling to see how many downvotes this has gotten and I doubt it is because a 200+ page book is $20