Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Google home hub $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2019 5:18 pm
Dec 5, 2018
140 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal
For the few this info may be useful : it only speaks English, contrary to the home mini and home max, which can be set in other languages (Spanish, French, etc.). I have the Google smart screen and wanted to give to my mom, who speaks Spanish... but well I had to keep it for myself. (It understands pretty well even with my strong accent)
Aug 7, 2013
531 posts
113 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Lush78 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 9:28 pm
I wish they had the charcoal color. I'm getting tired of waiting for this to come to Canada and no news. Only available in English only countries so far. Multilingual requirements on product labels/packaging sold in our country is our biggest barrier that delays and holds back products from Canadians...
I couldn't agree more. I'm beyond frustrated that Canada forces all packaging in both languages when really it's one main province that uses the french language on a day to day basis. It's absurd but I digress.
Aug 7, 2013
531 posts
113 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
What is everyone primarily using the Google Home Hubs for? What are the biggest use cases for this product? I have two Google Home Max, one in the family room, one in the master bedroom. I also have my Google Pixel stand in my bedroom to charge my phone over night and access to google assistant features through the pixel stand. Just trying to figure out whether I would use this product for anything specific.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2019
73 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 9:33 pm
I am surprised Amazon allows this since they don’t have google homes, home minis or google max.
Sold by Classy Outfit and Fulfilled by Amazon.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2019
73 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered Lenovo smart display too but i am still waiting for it? Lenovo is taking too long to ship the order.

i think Lenovo smart display has advantage on Google home hub for its larger screen and better sound quality. Lenovo smart display has camera too.
Nov 28, 2015
34 posts
9 upvotes
Quebec city, QC
Price difference is pretty big : GHH 160$ vs Lenovos' SD 260$

Is the difference worth it ? I was eyeing the amazon's product too but unsure about the seller or why it was there in the first place ! lol There's not much choice of providers (at that price) for us in Canada ( I think).
[OP]
Mar 8, 2019
73 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
diablomexqc wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 3:29 pm
Price difference is pretty big : GHH 160$ vs Lenovos' SD 260$

Is the difference worth it ? I was eyeing the amazon's product too but unsure about the seller or why it was there in the first place ! lol There's not much choice of providers (at that price) for us in Canada ( I think).
Lenovo smart display was on sale ($135) earlier even cheaper than Google Home Hub ($160).
Nov 28, 2015
34 posts
9 upvotes
Quebec city, QC
Navsis wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 6:46 pm
Lenovo smart display was on sale ($135) earlier even cheaper than Google Home Hub ($160).
thanks ! I was unaware of that.
Mar 7, 2008
436 posts
104 upvotes
Leask
GHH would be a good pair if you own Nest camera as it will alert you on the screen.
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
It also makes a really cool photo frame. It's linked to Google photos and displays a dynamically updated album of my kids. I take a picture on my phone and it's up on the GHH almost instantly! Nice little touch.
Sep 25, 2015
187 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Majokito wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 7:38 pm
It also makes a really cool photo frame. It's linked to Google photos and displays a dynamically updated album of my kids. I take a picture on my phone and it's up on the GHH almost instantly! Nice little touch.
Any other use cases for this besides photo frame?
Feb 14, 2019
289 posts
151 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 10:35 am
For me, a lot. I use it to view my nest cams. For example I have a baby so I can keep it on to view her room.

It's a control panel for my google home linked devices like my lights.

When playing music it shows me the artist/album, etc

Shows me my to do list and reminders each morning.

Can view the weather at a glance.

When using Google assistant you can see results on the screen instead of just listening to them.
Mar 18, 2005
336 posts
273 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
JagStyles wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 10:47 pm
What is everyone primarily using the Google Home Hubs for? What are the biggest use cases for this product? I have two Google Home Max, one in the family room, one in the master bedroom. I also have my Google Pixel stand in my bedroom to charge my phone over night and access to google assistant features through the pixel stand. Just trying to figure out whether I would use this product for anything specific.
I got the Lenovo Smart Display with the mentionned sale a few weeks ago, and I didn’t realize how much I actually used it until I told my friend about it, and told him I might sell it to him at cost if I don’t end up using it.

I had 2 google home minis, and 2 chromecast audios around the house before the smart display. I use the Apple ICloud system for everything else, and I change to make the shared calendar with my wife to a Google calendar, so that we can have all our (and daughter’s) events connected to our google homes. Much simpler than I expected, and the updates show up both on my Apple calendars on all devices, as well as being announced and seen by the google home minis and Smart Display.

I also use YouTube for a lot of media consumption, mostly on basketball, coffee, and podcasts, and using the smart display, I could do all the cleaning and cooking in the kitchen, without having to keep my TV on really loud, or keeping my iPad Pro around, which is also my primary work device. Mind you, i wouldn’t have even paid $260 for it, but for $130, it was a great deal, and something that I do use everyday.

EDIT: Also, it apparently has 2 microphones to pick up commands, and responds better than my google minis. I’m not sure if that’s the case with the google home hub, but i can say commands from a greater distance (without increasing the volume of my voice), and it will still pick it up.
[OP]
Mar 8, 2019
73 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
RedStrikeCa wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 10:35 am
its kind of same difference like between TV and Radio
Sep 25, 2015
187 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deal is dead. No longer fulfilled by Amazon