Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Google Home Hub • 7" Smart Display • $154 • Not Officially Sold in Canada [✓] No Sales Tax [✓] Prime Shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 12:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1650 posts
1698 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Amazon Canada] Google Home Hub • 7" Smart Display • $154 • Not Officially Sold in Canada [✓] No Sales Tax [✓] Prime Shipping

I have both the Lenovo Smart Display and the GHH, and I really like the ambient sensor on the GHH and it's more compact design which blends in with various decor.

GHH is not officially sold in Canada so this is good route to go if you don't want to go through Kijiji or Marketplace where people are actually asking for more $$ (between $150-250), so this is cheaper and you have Amazon's fast prime shipping and great return policy to fall back on as it's fulfilled by Amazon; sold by "Classy Outfit".

The price fluctuates daily and sometimes a couple of times a day, but the consensus is to purchase it from "Classy Outfit" (fulfilled by Amazon) where their price has no taxes added, what you see is what you pay!!

Cheapest it's been so far is $139 (no tax) for the Chalk and $142 (no tax) for the Charcoal. All other third party sellers add sales tax (5-15%) depending on where you're having it shipped in Canada.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

°°°°° CURRENT CHEAPEST OPTION °°°°°°

Choose "Classy Outfit" as the seller and chalk for $153.99, no tax, which is like $136.25+HST in ON, or $133.90+HST in NS & PEI

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Chalk => https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

Charcoal => https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

"Fulfilled by Amazon" for under $150 CDN it is definitely worth it, as it frequently goes on sale in the US for $99 ( so like $130 CDN) once you factor in tax/duty and forwarding fees to have it shipped here, this actually comes out cheaper you're gonna be $150 if not more, and wait a bit to get it, here you could get it in as little as a day sometimes.

The Google Home Hub is like a 7-inch tablet with stand and full range speaker built-in that offers a LCD visual display to control your smart home world and display content. Google Assistant is integrated so you can communicate with the power of voice, action your commands via the touchscreen, or combine both. Its powerful 2 far-field microphones detect your voice from across the room, so you can control your Google Home Hub while you're doing other things.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/google-home-hub

Last edited by remik on Apr 23rd, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 47 times in total.
206 replies
Apr 18, 2013
33 posts
3 upvotes
Regina
Just got one from Amazon a couple of days ago, well worth it. I'm going to replace my Google minis with them.
Nov 12, 2017
221 posts
130 upvotes
very strange that the Google Home Hub is selling on Amazon
For further questions or comments on my posts, feel free to PM me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1650 posts
1698 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
krispy4 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 12:00 am
very strange that the Google Home Hub is selling on Amazon
It's not sold by Amazon, only fulfilled. Amazon won't sell and fulfill Google or Nest products anytime soon due to the tensions between the 2 companies, but fulfillment only is not not same as "sold by" Amazon.
Last edited by remik on Apr 13th, 2019 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 25, 2013
304 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Lenovo as well. I use it alot for video calling, if I didn't I would totally get this deal
DroidKid
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3071 posts
2419 upvotes
Toronto
They prob bought it on sale last week, was apparently reduced by a lot for one day.
Sep 13, 2015
851 posts
711 upvotes
Alberta
I grabbed one from eBay a couple weeks ago. Perfect for nightstand. I have a Lenovo 8" for kitchen and 10" for living room.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1650 posts
1698 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 1:12 am
I grabbed one from eBay a couple weeks ago. Perfect for nightstand. I have a Lenovo 8" for kitchen and 10" for living room.
I was even thinking of possibly replacing my 8" Lenovo that I have on my living room side table with another Google Home Hub. I like it, but it has a way bigger footprint for only 1" bigger screen and I prefer the look of the GHH.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1650 posts
1698 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Nexzen wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 1:05 am
They prob bought it on sale last week, was apparently reduced by a lot for one day.

I'm constantly following the GHH and Lenovo's in the US, and I believe the lowest I've ever seen the GHH is around $75 USD (the same amount I paid for mine), when you factor in the exchange rate, taxes/duty, and importing it to Canada they are making probably only making about $20-30, which ain't that bad when I see people on Kijiji and Marketplace selling it anywhere from $160 all the way up to $300 (<- Good Luck!!!) I was able to sell the extra 3 GHHs that I bought then for between $200-225.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
1700 posts
801 upvotes
, ON
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 1:12 am
Ummm do you trust anything that internet connected with camera sitting next to your bed??
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2009
4803 posts
1694 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:47 am
Ummm do you trust anything that internet connected with camera sitting next to your bed??
No camera in the Home Hub, only in Lenovo
Even in the Lenovo there is mechanical flap that covers the camera if you want
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1650 posts
1698 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Unlike laptops and tablets where people are putting Post'its over the camera, you don't need to do that with the Lenovo as it has a physical plastic cover with a physical switch. (They actually put a red dot on the cover so you can actually see the cover is down) I wish they somehow enabled WhatsApp video calling with the Lenovo as I do not know anyone using Duo Video (the only use for the Camera). Duo is actually pretty good and it's installed by default on all new android phones, I wish Google advertised it more so it would be as FaceTime with Apple, then maybe I would have a use for the camera on the Lenovo for talking with friends and family overseas.

The Google Home Hub has no camera as Google is marketing it as a bedside assistant or even makeup helper (sold at Sephora in the US) for the powder room, so no worries of it seeing you forking or showering, now when it comes to eavesdropping on your BMs... that's a whole different story! :)
Last edited by remik on Apr 15th, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 13, 2015
851 posts
711 upvotes
Alberta
Am I a paranoid conspiracy theorist? No.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3782 posts
2633 upvotes
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 10:09 am
Am I a paranoid conspiracy theorist? No.
Or are you deceiving us...?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

remik