Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Google Nest Programmable Smart Thermostat 4th Generation - $129.83 - Amazon

May 31, 2016
11 posts
30 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Google Nest Programmable Smart Thermostat 4th Generation - $129.83 - Amazon

Was eyeing the Google Nest Smart Thermostat and found this one on sale. Only the snow color is discounted.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08HRP ... =UTF8&th=1

Retails for $179.99 but is selling for $129.83 on Amazon.

Edit: Found the fog color on sale but for $138 - https://www.amazon.ca/Google-Nest-Therm ... 63&sr=8-15
61 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6937 upvotes
Way inferior to 3rd gen. But it is less expensive.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2185 posts
2822 upvotes
Do these work for apartment thermostats that are just heat?
Feb 19, 2019
173 posts
310 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: Do these work for apartment thermostats that are just heat?
I think it only works for central heating. Not baseboard
Jan 4, 2013
195 posts
147 upvotes
RICHMOND
Thanks op, been meaning to get a smart thermostat for a while now. Can't go wrong at this price point
Jul 29, 2019
469 posts
551 upvotes
Does this work in 50 year old condo ?
Anybody has experience with it.
I spend time on RFD,
more than I'd like to admit.
But I console myself stating,
I'd need another job if I wouldn't
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
patel21 wrote: Does this work in 50 year old condo ?
Anybody has experience with it.
It depends entirely on your wiring. My house is from the 50s and it's compatible but it depends on which wires your OG thermostat uses.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3361 posts
1989 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: Way inferior to 3rd gen. But it is less expensive.
But unlike the 3rd gen, Google promised the 4th will matter.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2021
1012 posts
2232 upvotes
Yay, now even your thermostat Can be a corporate spying device!
Tech Guy Beau
Jan 13, 2013
155 posts
148 upvotes
AURORA
Nest thermostats look really nice, but Ecobee is way more reliable and functional.

I've had both and Ecobee is the only one who's making a thermostat here.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2701 posts
1589 upvotes
Toronto
icyyicee wrote: Nest thermostats look really nice, but Ecobee is way more reliable and functional.

I've had both and Ecobee is the only one who's making a thermostat here.
Really? I had a nest before and have an ecobee now... I can't even turn on the furnace fan on a timer (e.g. the furnace fan on for 30 min). I've emailed ecobee about this and all I get is, "we'll definitely forward this feedback to our product teams" etc
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1287 posts
3729 upvotes
Are you still able to get a free thermostat through that enbridge program? or whatever it was?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2007
1008 posts
112 upvotes
Markham
scottmg wrote: Are you still able to get a free thermostat through that enbridge program? or whatever it was?
To my knowledge, they only offer $75 rebate by buying through Home Depot on certain products.
RFD makes me poor =(
Apr 8, 2013
13 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
seymournexus wrote: To my knowledge, they only offer $75 rebate by buying through Home Depot on certain products.
i bought my ecobee from home depot after price matching from amazon, then using the 75$ enbridge discount. of course, that's when stores were open, could give the online customer service a try
Jan 13, 2013
155 posts
148 upvotes
AURORA
esq05 wrote: Really? I had a nest before and have an ecobee now... I can't even turn on the furnace fan on a timer (e.g. the furnace fan on for 30 min). I've emailed ecobee about this and all I get is, "we'll definitely forward this feedback to our product teams" etc
Well, i'm not saying Ecobee is perfect either, but at the very least, I didn't have to reset the internet connection once every 3 months or so.

The internet / account reset issue is not a singled out issue, because of my line of work, I've been recommending smart thermostat to my clients all these time. Most Enbridge customers will get the Nest device and most of the time my clients will have issue with the internet / account setting ;)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Really? I had a nest before and have an ecobee now... I can't even turn on the furnace fan on a timer (e.g. the furnace fan on for 30 min). I've emailed ecobee about this and all I get is, "we'll definitely forward this feedback to our product teams" etc
the same - i went from Nest to Ecobee -- and back to Nest because the Ecobee was a pos in comparison
Jan 4, 2012
27 posts
14 upvotes
Lethbridge
Thanks OP Bought one for house warming gift
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18642 posts
5669 upvotes
i can turn on the fan but cant turn off....fan still running even i set it to 0 on ecobee..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)