Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Google Nest Programmable Smart Thermostat 4th Generation - $129.83 - Amazon

Jan 10, 2016
97 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
DonCapo wrote: I just wanted to comment that I have a nest thermostat 2nd since it came out, like 2012 and I never had any issues going offline (maybe once while updating ) or having to reset internet or basically doing anything, I can turn on off the furnace fan without issues, later I added some nest protects and also very reliable, since then it is working so fine that I forget about it, I was thinking about upgrading but other than looks, it seems that at least for me there is no new functionality, so not worth it, I was considering the ecobee as it seems it can control my air exchanger, but again not worth the hassle, I am guessing that if you have to reset your internet so often, maybe you have a defective device be your modem or the thermostat or something chugging your ip addresses, or some configuration problem, but that is just a wild guess.

I have a similar setup with Gen 2 and no issues.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2438 posts
1034 upvotes
scottmg wrote:
can you explain why?

edit: nvm i see you answered already @evilYoda
The 3rd gen also has a better display in color and can show the weather and stuff. It also has far sense to detect people.
Liondog wrote:
Gen 3 can work without c wire. This newest gen doesn’t work without c wire. I only got 2 wires and I checked online, through multiple sources.
Gen 3 will work without a c wire but as he said, it will kill your heater eventually. I don't have a c wire on my gene and I'm concerned.
kgkuan wrote: Google has this Nest Power Connector for people without C wire, not available in Canada yet.

https://store.google.com/us/product/nes ... r?hl=en-US
Does this work like other after market transformer kits to plug in your electric outlet? I'm not sure how this product works
vanfc3s wrote: question: will this work on a 2 wire thermostat?

im in BC and I have about 5 old mercury thermostat connecting to water heating.

thanks in advamce
Nope. The gen 3 can but you are taking a chance in buring out your furnace circuit board
nicolascon wrote: Do these work for apartment thermostats that are just heat?
Most likely not. Most condos are high voltage baseboards. This is a low voltage system. Easiest way to tell is see if you have thick or thin wires to your thermostat. Thick is high voltage. If thick, I recommend the Mysa smart thermostat.