Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Gooloo S4 4-Amp car battery charger, maintainer, & desulfator, $40 after coupon (Prime one day)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2022 4:25 pm
Jun 26, 2008
80 posts
49 upvotes
BC
BTW, not sure if it's accurate but comments on Amazon say:

Q: The description indicated desulfator but i can't find any with desulfator on the user manual. is this false advertising?
A: Thank you for your question. Gooloo battery charger is equipped with 10 stage charging technology, which will automatically conduct desulfurization treatment before charging, without manual operation. We will update the manual in time.

For those who understand this tech, does this make sense?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19808 posts
12910 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ops69 wrote: BTW, not sure if it's accurate but comments on Amazon say:

Q: The description indicated desulfator but i can't find any with desulfator on the user manual. is this false advertising?
A: Thank you for your question. Gooloo battery charger is equipped with 10 stage charging technology, which will automatically conduct desulfurization treatment before charging, without manual operation. We will update the manual in time.

For those who understand this tech, does this make sense?
That may be the case but in general, it's pure crap. Basically, the person asking the question is stating that the seller is falsely advertising the features of their product. Of course, the seller is going to say "No, we are not".

Besides, I would never trust any charger that states that they automatically detect sulfation and then fix it because you don't know what criteria they use to detect it nor what process they use to fix it as they don't know what the battery specs are when it's new. Most of the time if they do detect a problem, the battery is nearly dead. At that point, they will run their processes for a few minutes to a couple of hours which is nowhere long enough to do much good except if you are lucky, gets the battery to "kind of dead" instead of "nearly dead" - improvement? Yes! Kind of improvement you want, probably not.

One big KEY sign is if you read the reviews, no one published any numbers BEFORE and AFTER a desulfation has taken place. I expect some kind of proof provided by either a number of reviews showing actual numbers or the seller doing so. An example of a 'proof' would be in the form of a review that states -
My battery was dead and no matter how much I charged it with my normal smart charger, according to my tester, I got very low CCA (ie under 100 CCA for my 600 CCA battery). I checked the fluids and topped them and I still got under 100 CCA. After I connected product X to the battery and ran it for according to the instruction for Y hours, I let the battery sit overnight. The next morning, low and behold, my tester showed that the battery now had 400 CCA out of the 600 rated CCA. I connected product X to the battery again for another repair cycle and found after another night of sitting and resting, the battery now shows 550 CCA and won't go up any further.

This type of review tells what was done, and how much of an improvement there was in no uncertain terms.

On the flip side, reviews such as -
Connected it up to my dead battery and I was able to start the car the next day! Great product!
Tells me basically nothing except for it does charge the battery.
Last edited by craftsman on Jun 25th, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 26, 2008
80 posts
49 upvotes
BC
Thanks, appreciate the detailed response!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)