895 posts
667 upvotes
Vancouver
ill try for $7.xx, thanks op!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23542 posts
8406 upvotes
For the life of me, I still cannot figure out what to do with the camera I won a couple years back. Still in it's box waiting in vain it seems...

Thanks for the heads up on this though...
Jul 25, 2008
308 posts
101 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I wonder if this will work with the OSMO Action.. I'd think so?
Oct 16, 2017
380 posts
1139 upvotes
I heard this was created by a group of dentists.
Jan 1, 2016
261 posts
363 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Read title, thought it must have been a typo for BIKE mount. Guess I should have thought about the floaty part. Upvoted regardless of my disappointment .
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1365 posts
2085 upvotes
Hammonds
DougO wrote: For the life of me, I still cannot figure out what to do with the camera I won a couple years back. Still in it's box waiting in vain it seems...

Sounds like you should have converted it to money right away. Still can, but I doubt you'll get what you could have got from it. Action cameras don't age well.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1468 posts
2042 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I was wondering what the Hell a "bite mount was Grinning Face
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5445 posts
4996 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have a GoPro but feel a need to buy it anyways lol
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
23542 posts
8406 upvotes
Ended up buying it anyway. Dunno how I would use this without teeth, but thanks...
Dec 9, 2003
427 posts
217 upvotes
Looks like it doesn't work with the Hero 8 black if anyone is looking
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1674 posts
702 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: Ended up buying it anyway. Dunno how I would use this without teeth, but thanks...
Have a race to see if it's faster attaching the GoPro accessory vs putting on dentures.
Dec 26, 2012
635 posts
567 upvotes
Hamilton
DougO wrote: For the life of me, I still cannot figure out what to do with the camera I won a couple years back. Still in it's box waiting in vain it seems...

sell it if you don't want to use. people will buy it at the right price. some people use more than 1 at a time depending on what they're doing so their primary might be a newer one but they'll rig up an older one for alternate footage.

years ago i bought a gopro hero3, used it once and then it sat for a long while as the videos i made were lame. i just couldn't figure out how to get cool shots or when to use it. Then 2 years ago i decided to go for it again. the idea instead of shooting for long periods at a time, i was taking 10 - 15 second clips all over the place on my weekends or on my trips....like a hundred clips. Out of that i was able to get a pretty awesome 60 second highlight reel out of it. Just as i fell in love with it, my hero3 broke so i bought a hero7 last year. since then, i've created 4 highlight reels from weekends i was away, kayaking, boating, hiking, cycling.

So yes, i agree, its hard to find a use for it, but once you start using it and getting the hang out filming clips, it's pretty fun.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10125 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto

Turn it into a security camera
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Jan 22, 2014
79 posts
204 upvotes
Ottawa
koontzy wrote: Only gopro 8 Loudly Crying Face
According to this page on GoPro's site"

As a reminder, the best GoPro cameras to use as a webcam are those with a micro-HDMI port. GoPro cameras without HDMI outputs (like the 360 cameras MAX and Fusion or the ultra-tiny Session cameras) will not work as a webcam.

The full list of webcam-enabled GoPros include:

HERO8 Black
HERO7 Black
HERO6 Black
HERO5 Black
HERO4 Black

URL: https://gopro.com/en/ca/news/how-to-use ... for-webcam

I'm wondering if anyone has tried with a non 8 HERO cam?