Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] GoPro HERO7 Black $329 All time low

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2020 8:05 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2014
554 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] GoPro HERO7 Black $329 All time low

Go pro hero7 black all time low price on amazon. Regular price $449. Same discounted price in Visions.ca as well.
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5418 posts
3499 upvotes
Not SportChek from a couple months ago good, but decent enough price.
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
676 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
Purchased the go pro hero 8 for the same price on atmosphere yesterday. Not sure if this is a good deal..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8710 posts
5091 upvotes
ON
Vasilyke wrote: Purchased the go pro hero 8 for the same price on atmosphere yesterday. Not sure if this is a good deal..
They had the 7 on sale as well at 229 or something like that.
Member
User avatar
Nov 20, 2013
243 posts
178 upvotes
Burlington, ON
They should rebrand this as the 'NowhereToGoPro' for 2020 :)
Member
Dec 21, 2011
292 posts
127 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I purchased the GoPro 7 from Sport Check 8 weeks ago. It was a hell of a deal until I went into the store and spoke to the kid who was selling them. From what I understand, this model was very problematic so I returned it. Costco and everyone else is trying ti liquidate this model.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1251 posts
919 upvotes
Brampton
Elaborate
Thumperdude wrote: I purchased the GoPro 7 from Sport Check 8 weeks ago. It was a hell of a deal until I went into the store and spoke to the kid who was selling them. From what I understand, this model was very problematic so I returned it. Costco and everyone else is trying ti liquidate this model.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 10, 2006
1609 posts
855 upvotes
I purchased the GoPro 7 from Sport Check 8 weeks ago. It was a hell of a deal until I went into the store and spoke to the kid who was selling them. From what I understand, this model was very problematic so I returned it. Costco and everyone else is trying ti liquidate this model.
been using the hero7 at home and parks with kids since hero7 release (not your typical gopro youtuber), the hero7 isnt perfect, but havent noticed or seen any reviews (seen a lot of wannabe reviews also.. lol) where i would suggest not to buy this even at regular price. Had the hero5 and 6 too, maybe the kid was thinking about the hero5 (i feel that was the buggiest gopro i had or could have been just my model).

edit: i also forgot to mention, the hero7 had two cheaper hero7 versions, called silver and another insignificant name with non removable batteries. the Black seemed fine which was the top gopro 7 model at the time.

Been using the hero8 and hero7 - both are good, hero8 has some refined features of course being a newer model but not worth paying $200 more for it to see any noticeable differences imo.. heck, i even bought the hero7 again from the previous Sportschek deal for a gift cuz it was a deal few weeks ago . When the hero9 comes out, store will try to get rid of the 8 probably.
Last edited by wakka2u on Apr 10th, 2020 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5418 posts
3499 upvotes
Thumperdude wrote: I purchased the GoPro 7 from Sport Check 8 weeks ago. It was a hell of a deal until I went into the store and spoke to the kid who was selling them. From what I understand, this model was very problematic so I returned it. Costco and everyone else is trying ti liquidate this model.
You should never take tech advice from store employees.
Newbie
Jan 24, 2016
80 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I have the hero7 and it’s fantastic. I upgraded from the hero5 specifically for the improved audio quality. I use it regularly for capturing activities with my kid, I’ve got like 400 gigs of footage, and I’ve never experienced anything problematic. Not interested in upgrading to the hero8 because I love the karma grip and the hypersmooth in-camera stabilization just isn’t enough for me to make the jump. Obviously at some point I will need to, since karma grip has been discontinued, but I’m hopeful that either in-camera stabilization will be improved or better 3rd party stabilizer options will be available by then.

One thing that many people overlook when they are buying action cameras is what they will actually use them for. We’re quick to brag about 4K and 120 or 240 FPS, but you’d be silly to use these settings for regular everyday footage like a birthday party. Unless you’re doing extreme sports and are going to take the time to post process your footage, most of us are fine with 2k and 30 FPS.
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2005
101 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
Isn't the hero 7 black on sale for a similar price at atmospheric now?
Newbie
Mar 5, 2015
29 posts
47 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
That's hero7 silver, a lower line product
Member
Apr 11, 2019
222 posts
216 upvotes
hero 7 black is same price at sportschek. can stack on the 15% off giftcard from canadian tire.
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Sr. Member
Oct 17, 2006
645 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
shiryu1031 wrote: Isn't the hero 7 black on sale for a similar price at atmospheric now?
Atmospheric lol..
Member
Jan 25, 2016
436 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
muppetslayer wrote: Go pro hero7 black all time low price on amazon. Regular price $449. Same discounted price in Visions.ca as well.
The lie detector determined that was a lie. SportChek was cheaper 2 months ago.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5418 posts
3499 upvotes
HelloNanaimo wrote: The lie detector determined that was a lie. SportChek was cheaper 2 months ago.
He said on Amazon.
Member
May 4, 2014
241 posts
321 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
HelloNanaimo wrote: The lie detector determined that was a lie. SportChek was cheaper 2 months ago.
Read the sentence, he said all time low price on Amazon.

You need a reading comprehension detector.
Member
Jan 25, 2016
436 posts
556 upvotes
Toronto
KentY198 wrote: Read the sentence, he said all time low price on Amazon.

You need a reading comprehension detector.
Does it matter where it’s from, bud? It’s not a HOT deal. It was $8x.xx less on Atmosphere yesterday.

Go back under the bridge you crawled out from.
Jr. Member
Feb 16, 2005
156 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
markthomas594 wrote: I have the hero7 and it’s fantastic. I upgraded from the hero5 specifically for the improved audio quality. I use it regularly for capturing activities with my kid, I’ve got like 400 gigs of footage, and I’ve never experienced anything problematic. Not interested in upgrading to the hero8 because I love the karma grip and the hypersmooth in-camera stabilization just isn’t enough for me to make the jump. Obviously at some point I will need to, since karma grip has been discontinued, but I’m hopeful that either in-camera stabilization will be improved or better 3rd party stabilizer options will be available by then.

One thing that many people overlook when they are buying action cameras is what they will actually use them for. We’re quick to brag about 4K and 120 or 240 FPS, but you’d be silly to use these settings for regular everyday footage like a birthday party. Unless you’re doing extreme sports and are going to take the time to post process your footage, most of us are fine with 2k and 30 FPS.
The problem is that GoPro is too much quality. You can’t actually use it anywhere unless you are showing your videos at home. Youtube uploads of GoPro footage are a pale imitation of what GoPro produces. Even at 2 k, 60 FPS, the amount of visible noise and pixelation on youtube is horrendous, especially when you shoot anything fast moving. Even filming a bike ride looks like shit. Anything ten feet ahead of the bike, like pavement, is totally blurred. Maybe one day we will be able to actually post quality videos, but I don’t think YouTube cares.

Top