Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Gorilla 6055001-2 Double-Sided Heavy Duty Mounting Tape (2 Pack) $17.36

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 8:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
13780 posts
8823 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

[Amazon.ca] Gorilla 6055001-2 Double-Sided Heavy Duty Mounting Tape (2 Pack) $17.36

Gorilla 6055001-2 Double-Sided Heavy Duty Mounting Tape (2 Pack), 1" x 60", Black


Was CDN$ 29.27
Deal Price: CDN$ 17.36 (CDN$ 8.68 / Count)
You Save: CDN$ 11.91 (41%)
Last edited by TomRFD on May 25th, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
38 replies
Jr. Member
Mar 6, 2019
149 posts
247 upvotes
Thankz for posting!

I actually needed something of the sort for a small project, this should do nicely.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4719 posts
5727 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone care to share their preferred way to arrange the 60" strip to mount a TV to a wall?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 29, 2005
1384 posts
232 upvotes
London, ON
Isn't this a better deal? For $12.74
120inch roll
It's a single roll of 1x120in, instead of 2x60in in OP.
Jr. Member
Aug 12, 2018
165 posts
143 upvotes
Both the 3m and gorilla are good.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1497 upvotes
Double sided tapes generally sucks for anything permanent. but if you need it, this is a decent review.



This does include the one listed here. Gorilla is right up there among the best, but considered pretty expensive on normal price.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
2291 upvotes
Toronto
Any difference between Gorilla vs. 3M VNB vs. Scotch Extremely Strong for general use? I'm thinking of cases like where multiple screws/anchors are holding something up and one of them has stripped or the drywall has crumbled on one side, i.e. just to help support rather than hold up the whole item. Not considering holding up a 30lb mirror or whatever using the tape alone. Would they all be relatively equal?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2009
2595 posts
1889 upvotes
North York
Manatus wrote: Any difference between Gorilla vs. 3M VNB vs. Scotch Extremely Strong for general use? I'm thinking of cases like where multiple screws/anchors are holding something up and one of them has stripped or the drywall has crumbled on one side, i.e. just to help support rather than hold up the whole item. Not considering holding up a 30lb mirror or whatever using the tape alone. Would they all be relatively equal?
I would put 3M VHB above everything. They're used in professional settings. They're used to attach skyscraper windows that can't use screws. This is assuming you get the proper kind and genuine 3M.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2018
1372 posts
1497 upvotes
according to the video I posted, VHB is in the review. Check it out.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2005
1237 posts
621 upvotes
KiraSensei wrote: It probably makes more sense to buy 3M VHB tape in bulk if you're going to use this often: https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=3M+VHB&i=tool ... _sb_noss_2
I used 2 strips of the 3m to mount 2 Blink Cameras outside and they both fell off the first night. Not sure if the Gorilla Tape would work better. It is wider so would stick to more area so possibly stay longer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
2291 upvotes
Toronto
Cucumference wrote: according to the video I posted, VHB is in the review. Check it out.
Thanks, very helpful. Would have saved me a post if I'd seen it beforehand. ;)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
5088 posts
3850 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
er34er34 wrote: Anyone care to share their preferred way to arrange the 60" strip to mount a TV to a wall?
Wut
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2015
134 posts
139 upvotes
Sundre, AB
CantMissADeal wrote: I used 2 strips of the 3m to mount 2 Blink Cameras outside and they both fell off the first night. Not sure if the Gorilla Tape would work better. It is wider so would stick to more area so possibly stay longer.
It really depends how you mount it. Optimal mounting would be to use a heat gun to warm up the VHB, stick on to whatever you are sticking it to, wait at least 24 hours before any sort of use and try and keep it above 15 degrees at that time as well. Definitely a lot of work but it's almost impossible to remove if done that way. I removed an old gopro mount from an old snowboard I had and it ripped the top sheet up with it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2009
2595 posts
1889 upvotes
North York
CantMissADeal wrote: I used 2 strips of the 3m to mount 2 Blink Cameras outside and they both fell off the first night. Not sure if the Gorilla Tape would work better. It is wider so would stick to more area so possibly stay longer.
You probably didnt prepare the area or got the wrong type for the wrong surface. There are tons of versions for different materials out there.


Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1180 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
er34er34 wrote: Anyone care to share their preferred way to arrange the 60" strip to mount a TV to a wall?
Your are trusting a strip of tape to keep your TV on the wall?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 9, 2002
1856 posts
342 upvotes
Kitchener
So how do you know if you're getting legit 3M VHB from Amazon?

Top